What's new

General Sports Discussion

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
You are butthurt. And you are mad because the Phillies are better than the Yankee's, whom spend most of the off season already trying to sign Derek Mr Past His Prime but wants money as if he is still good Jeter. come on dude. your so bias towards the Yankees, its disgusting man.

And cheap win? They only had .4 seconds to score, the ball was clearly still in the hand of the Knicks player. Should have scored more points during the game. The Knicks still aint shit. Put them in a playoff series vs Boston and i'd be shocked if it goes 5 games. ugh, geesh dude.
No butthurt just not afraid to state the truth..ask anyone, most peopel thought Lee was not only dumb but crazy to not sign with Texas or the Yankees....I mean think about it, do you want to finish your career as a Yankee(a legend in it's own right) or a Philly? lol hell even if he signed with Texas, at least it makes sense because they got to the WS...

He's a fake, took the easy way out plain and simple....but it's also no secret the NL east is also the worst division in baseball....do the math, for him it's A. less pressure then NYC, B. easier to win and C. well I'm still getting money so...

But not even close to butthurt just annoyed a little, much like how Lebron was going to come back to Cleveland so no more butthurt then you were when he left. But hey, Miami and Philly are both prime examples of "on paper, it's legendary" but you still need to win on the field and in the court....we've seen Yankees have ridiculous teams yet still lose...so ultimately it means nothing, the Giants are still the team to beat as far as I'm concerned in the NL.

As for the Knicks dude they got respect and they should, 2 points is FAR from seomthing to brag about ...besides we got the shot but only due to time, did not count...Boston got lucky flat out, they ran down the clock enough so that the Knicks could not even tie it...

wait til next year when they get melo, they'll be one of the best teams. Besides, us Knick fans have waited overa decade for a good team to watch....our time is coming.

arrgorilla

Angry Gorilla
YES indeed! Like soccer and cricket. Argentine national team as the fave football team and IPL cricket T20 like the most.

I$AAC

Noob
I'm from Tampa, I shouldn't here ANYBODY bitching about losing ANYONE they didn't even have on the team to free agency. We lost almost all our good parts to free agency (Rays)

Anyway, even though we lost a bunch of players I'm still pretty optimistic about the Rays next season. They may not be the best team in the AL again, but at least they'll be competitive.

It's a great time to be a sports fan in Tampa right now. You have all these young and talented teams (Rays, Bucs, Lightning) grow before our very eyes. It's too bad that our economy here is so fucked that no one can go to the games!

MKF30

I'm from Tampa, I shouldn't here ANYBODY bitching about losing ANYONE they didn't even have on the team to free agency. We lost almost all our good parts to free agency (Rays)

Anyway, even though we lost a bunch of players I'm still pretty optimistic about the Rays next season. They may not be the best team in the AL again, but at least they'll be competitive.

It's a great time to be a sports fan in Tampa right now. You have all these young and talented teams (Rays, Bucs, Lightning) grow before our very eyes. It's too bad that our economy here is so fucked that no one can go to the games!
lol, Well you know how it is with Yankees/Boston, their rivalry is unmatched and it's so nuts now man that both teams will go after "someone" just to try to prevent the other from nabbing them lol.

But Speaking of that, Boston got Crawford. That's definitely a cold move, but you guys just inked Damon and Ramirez, that should help even if Manny is an ass lol.

They'll be competitive the Rays I'm sure, AL east easily the most competitive, toughest division in baseball....Baltimore is getting better, their manager is great so they'll be improving with youth as well.

MKF30

So, Andy Pettitte of the NYY retires :( take it easy old timer, you were one of the best lefties in the game! 5 rings, over 200 + wins? Not bad, not bad at all!

In other news, Met's dealing with the Madoff case...

Nets officially gave up on Melo

Knicks need to GRAB melo one way or another

Ranger's kids are looking good, I think they'll be even more deadly in a few years.

REYTHEGREAT

It's all about MMA. I love that sports. My favorite team in baseball is the red sox. Yea I know they are not the best, but they ate a good team who put it all out there.

MKF30

Yeah, the AL east should be interesting this year...last year it was a 3 way race until the last few months, then it was Yankees and TB, this year I think it'll be between NYY and Boston, TB lost a lot during this off season.

MKF30

The Phillies could be legendary with that rotation.
Key word is could be, on paper they're looking nice, but on paper and on the field are two different things know what I mean? We've seen many times with various teams including my Yanks get great players on paper yet fail to deliver on the field....

Yankees have an awesome bp, they just need a pitcher or two. Can't wait until opening day!!

Dan, you're a Toronto fan? Interesting, I'm looking forward to AL East being tight this year between Yankees, Boston, Baltimore improving slowly and with Buck they'll be better and Toronto tends to be competitive...TB will be ok, they lost a lot of this off season.