What's new

Gear prediction for the remaining characters

Thracian_Priest

The troll awakens...
So, how many pieces of gear do you think each character will have for each slot when it's all said and done?
Paulo Garcia mentions "less skins", but "a lot more gear pieces":

"You can be unlocking different icons, things for the different gear slots, skins are big ones but those are rarer because there are less skins, but there will be a lot more gear pieces."

I expect around six or seven skin sets for each character and 20 gear pieces for each gear slot. If memory serves me right, 7 gear sets and 7 skins are included in the (first) Kombat Pack.

I also noticed they gave Sonya a flipkick in this game. Maybe they are going to make it out like Cassie learned her flipkick from Sonya?
Or, given that it's still 3 months away, they're just placeholder moves that might be swapped between characters before launch.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
[QUOTE="Thracian_Priest, post: 2421930, member: 54430"
Cassie Cage
- Glasses
- Guns
- Baton[/QUOTE]

First two are definitely right, it would be cool if she could have brass knuckles for the nut punching like her dad. I think from a really blurry screenshot from the behind the scenes video we saw that perhaps the third item is a drone like Sonya had in MKX.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
Looks like gear has at least 3 tiers of rarity.

Green = Mortal
Blue = Mythic
Purple = Elder

Could be more, but those are the three I've noticed so far.

Possibility this applies to "all" unlockables, and not just gear?

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Man I REALLY hope Cassie doesn't have drones. I loved her character in MKX but couldn't play her due to having to run after every flip kick and try to nutpunch. (couldn't get it consistently) And now if they make her play like dronya, I won't WANT to play her. Bah

Give her her own unique stuff dammit!!

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Looks like gear has at least 3 tiers of rarity.

Green = Mortal
Blue = Mythic
Purple = Elder

Could be more, but those are the three I've noticed so far.

Possibility this applies to "all" unlockables, and not just gear?
Another thing to note is that in the reveal demo, each character had 3 separate outfits, and 4 recolored versions of that outfit. Some outfits had Mortal/Mythic/Elder rarity versions, some only had Mortal versions. There's no pattern to which color schemes are rare. For Scorp and Sub, the rarer skins tend to have the iconic color schemes, but for Sonya, the rarer skins were very different and colorful.

If the Premium Edition comes with 7 additional "skins" as has been reported, I'm guessing there are probably 4(+) different recolors of those skins as well.

Zaccel

Noob
I had once expected Reptile to be present with "gear" allowing players to influence whether it was "lizard" Reptile or "human" Reptile.

Notwithstanding the downbeat mood over his inclusion, I'm not sure this could be the case now. I think even now that's too big an ask, and something like Mask/Armour/Trophies would be more realistic. But even considering that makes me worry Reptile's gear options would be too limited for what MK11 has in mind.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
I expect around six or seven skin sets for each character and 20 gear pieces for each gear slot.
I think that "six or seven skin sets for each character" might be optimistic. I hope it's real because that sounds amazing, but I think it's going to be closer to MKX. Some (launch) characters in MKX only had 3 skins including all their DLC gear that came out later.

The fact that every character revealed so far has had at least 3 skin sets is promising, though. Seems like a safe bet that every character will have at minimum 3 sets pre-DLC. And since we know for a fact they didn't show all the gear options, it stands to reason they didn't show all the skin options as well... so maybe 4? 5? as a baseline?

I don't dare get my hopes up for more. I want to but I don't dare.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Cool thread.

Fujin:
Hair/head piece
Wind staff or whatever his weapon will be
Cape

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Man I REALLY hope Cassie doesn't have drones. I loved her character in MKX but couldn't play her due to having to run after every flip kick and try to nutpunch. (couldn't get it consistently) And now if they make her play like dronya, I won't WANT to play her. Bah

Give her her own unique stuff dammit!!
She was really hard to play, brawler was considerably easier but it didn't have her F34 which made me not play it that much. If she has drones, well I want to say I won't main her but if I'm being honest I'll just have to deal with whatever they give her D:

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
She was really hard to play, brawler was considerably easier but it didn't have her F34 which made me not play it that much. If she has drones, well I want to say I won't main her but if I'm being honest I'll just have to deal with whatever they give her D:
Yeah, lol, when I played Cassie, I ONLY played Hollywood Cassie! She gotta have the shades and nutpunch imo. F34 as well, for the mixup with F33.