What's new

Gear prediction for the remaining characters

Thracian_Priest

The troll awakens...
Some of the remaining playable combatants are hinted or semi-confirmed. Also we know that every character will have 3 customizable gear pieces. Just for fun, let's try to predict what they are.

My predictions are:

Kano
- Cybernetic face piece
- Cybernetic chest piece
- Knives

Kabal
- Respirator mask
- Oxygen tank (likely on his back)
- Hook swords

Kitana
- Mask
- Tiara/crown or neck piece
- Fans

Liu Kang
- Headband
- Arm protectors
- Fireball design

Kung Lao
- Hat
- Belt or a belt accessory (such as the MK logo seen in some story mode cutscenes)
- Shoulder protector

Johnny Cage
- Glasses
- Belt buckle
- Brass knuckles

Jade
- Mask
- Bo staff
- Razorang

Cassie Cage
- Glasses
- Guns
- Baton

Last edited:

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
Hey, I was thinking same thing a moment ago. Even had exactly the same predictions for many characters. Although I don't think Kung Lao's third gear item is going to be the shoulder pieces.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
It's a pity Cage isn't shirtless on his main costume, the tattoo could've been a customizable.
If Johnny is restricted to wearing his belt in all his skins, which it looks like he might, that would be super mega disappointing.

Speaking of which, I've been meaning to ask. Scorp and Subz's faces change a lot from costume to costume, but then in-game it seems no matter what, the face is hidden by a mask? So like, is there any point to the faces changing, other than when you get Fatality'd? Am I missing something? It would have been so sick if you could toggle the mask to be on/off on any skin... same with, for example, Johnny's belt...

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
If Johnny is restricted to wearing his belt in all his skins, which it looks like he might, that would be super mega disappointing.

Speaking of which, I've been meaning to ask. Scorp and Subz's faces change a lot from costume to costume, but then in-game it seems no matter what, the face is hidden by a mask? So like, is there any point to the faces changing, other than when you get Fatality'd? Am I missing something? It would have been so sick if you could toggle the mask to be on/off on any skin... same with, for example, Johnny's belt...
Pretty sure I saw a maskless gear for Sub-Zero. Scorpion didn't have one in the Reveal build but I doubt he won't have it in the final game.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Pretty sure I saw a maskless gear for Sub-Zero. Scorpion didn't have one in the Reveal build but I doubt he won't have it in the final game.
Ohh you're saying we'll have to equip a mask item that actually has no mask visual? That makes a ton of sense in retrospect.

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
We already know from that behind the scenes video that Cassie Cage gonna be Guns, Glasses/Head and a flying Drone if they didnt change it.

A drone seems like an odd choice for Cassie. I know it'll probably be tied to new specials for her, but I'd have preferred it if they focused on her chosen one/warrior of the gods powers more. I don't know how they could represent that as a piece of gear though.

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
A drone seems like an odd choice for Cassie. I know it'll probably be tied to new specials for her, but I'd have preferred it if they focused on her chosen one/warrior of the gods powers more. I don't know how they could represent that as a piece of gear though.
I agree with you and had the same thought.

The gadget stuff should stay with Sonya only imo.

Feels kinda weird to give the person who beat the shit out of OP Shinnok with her bare hands a drone.

Gamer68

Fujin!
I'm assuming they are going to tie some of the stuff Special Forces Sonya had in MKX to the base moveset of Cassie Cage in this game so she has more from Sonya. Most of Cassie Cage's character in MKX (moveset, dialogue, etc) was inspired by Johnny, and there wasn't a lot of Sonya present.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cassie in this game has more control over her green energy, which just means more Johnny inspired attacks. She will probably have moves like nutpunch, flip-kick, uppercut kick, and some new green energy attacks, but also a new drone so you can see more of Sonya in her.

I also noticed they gave Sonya a flipkick in this game. Maybe they are going to make it out like Cassie learned her flipkick from Sonya?

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
We already know from that behind the scenes video that Cassie Cage gonna be Guns, Glasses/Head and a flying Drone if they didnt change it.

You're talking about the thing on the right, right? Maybe it's not a drone. Cassie had a device with a similiar shape in MKX in her Spec Ops variation.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
I was going to make a new thread for this, but I think the question is related enough that it can be posed here instead:

So, how many pieces of gear do you think each character will have for each slot when it's all said and done?

For example, Scorpion: You can customize his Kunai, his Katana, and his Mask. At the reveal, he had 5 masks, 5 Katana's, and 5 Kunai to choose from. How many of these do you think the designers will ultimately create and can be earned from completing towers, etc? 10 per slot? 15? 25?

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
I was going to make a new thread for this, but I think the question is related enough that it can be posed here instead:

So, how many pieces of gear do you think each character will have for each slot when it's all said and done?

For example, Scorpion: You can customize his Kunai, his Katana, and his Mask. At the reveal, he had 5 masks, 5 Katana's, and 5 Kunai to choose from. How many of these do you think the designers will ultimately create and can be earned from completing towers, etc? 10 per slot? 15? 25?
That's a good question but difficult to answer right now. Probably gonna be a pretty respectable amount for everyone; definitely in the double digits I imagine. 15 seems like a fair guess.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
Fifteen would be a respectable amount per category, I agree. That's over 1,000 pieces of gear, if the roster is 25 characters. I didn't play a lot of Injustice 2, does anyone know the gear limit in that game?

Regardless, I'm so hype for this game lol

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
The gadget stuff should stay with Sonya only imo
I think it should've been the other way. Cassie should've been the gadget user, until MKX Sonya had never used gadgets but they gave her 2 gadgets variations, now they are doing the same thing, while also removing all her classic specials except for her onion rings. I honestly don't understand NRS logic with this.