What's new

Gamestop Tourney results for TYM :)

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Hey guys was wondering who else here went to theirs? I went to mine, and won :) my first tournament lol. About 10 people were in it and they took my pic lol, sadly I did not win a game, I won 25 dollar gift card and a pic for their site :D

Anyone else win theirs or go?

S-I-C

Brutal-Dedication
I didnt, I was working, but I heard CBK-Deftone aka Deftone aka DethTone went to his and won.

Congrats MKF

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
lmao... at least yours actually followed through. My GameStop (like I told REYTHEGREAT) had like 10 people there and they were all annoying kids laughing about shit like Sheeva's skin rip and... well just annoyingness.

They DID give a free copy of the game away, but through a raffle and I didn't win it. Overall, I met and played a few cool people and told them about the site as well.

Congrats btw, MKF.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I'm finding it true that TYM + MKU members killed at all tournaments attended thought competition was like Storms described lol

Noob
lmao... at least yours actually followed through. My GameStop (like I told REYTHEGREAT) had like 10 people there and they were all annoying kids laughing about shit like Sheeva's skin rip and... well just annoyingness.

They DID give a free copy of the game away, but through a raffle and I didn't win it. Overall, I met and played a few cool people and told them about the site as well.

Congrats btw, MKF.
Yeah, my Gamestop did a raffle as well...I didn't win.

Also, grats MKF

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I'm finding it true that TYM + MKU members killed at all tournaments attended thought competition was like Storms described lol
Yeah, IF my GameStop would've actually ran the tournament I could have easily won just by spamming Sindel's projectiles... lmao.

It was fun though and I met some new people, so that's really all that matters.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Wish all the tournaments weren't at the same time. I would of tried to make this one too.

Congrats guys.

R.E.L.

Noob
Oh, the joys of Gamestop!

When I called my Gamestop, they said 1st was a game copy and it was on the PS3. When I got there, it was a very diff story.

First, the game was on the 360 because they wanted to "level the playing field". The pads were used pads, and one of them was a Gamestop brand controller (which is complete trash btw). I lost in semis because I could not quarter circle for the life of me and made the mistake of trying Kitana (should've stuck to cage!). The matches were single elim, first to one match win. Overall, it was fun and the people were nice.

Second, the prize ended up being a $25 giftcard instead of a game copy. They raffled a game copy instead.

I was also with Shoryuken, but dropped him off at another Gamestop. They ended up doing ps3 for finals there and his controller's R2 wasn't working (meaning he had no block). He won anyways, but they tried to say it was just for fun and that they weren't doing prizes. After some convincing (since they said otherwise on phone), they gave him a copy.

I also referred people to TYM while I was there and I learned mileena's babality!

Sequel

Boob Titbot
I placed 2nd last night. The game was played on the demo unit in the store and the controls on my side were busted for the most part. All I could do is ice clone and freeze (I played Sub because that's all I knew from the demo). The buttons were not responsive enough for combos. (sadface)

Stay classy, Gamestop.

man, Gamestop's setups sound like utter horseshit. Glad I ended up staying home and getting some much needed sleep instead. Good job to the winners :)

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
Tourney report, gamestop lol.

I live in san diego and went to mine nearby in National City. I had prepared to use scorpion since ive had about 3hrs practice w him and zero hands on w anyone else. They offered a prize of 25$ gift card w a free game thru a raffle. About 20 people there. We played ncaa bracket style and I steamrolled the competition to take first place. I knew i was so much better than the others despite myself not very good and havent played mk since 3 lol. But i had my bnb combos down like the spear-popup-tp-j.bk-air throw and when i busted them out I wowed the crowd and everyone started to worry lol.

i even put on a fatality show and everyne pretty much knew by rnd 2 I was prob gonna at least make the finals. It felt really good to win something and they took a pic of me and the whole group.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
My Gamestops flaked last minute. I called 6 different ones, and 3 of them said they would have a tournament. As I called them early yesterday to make sure nothing changed, one by one they all said they weren't doing it anymore. The one that said they would still do a tourney, it was going to be on MKDC. I said run UMK3 instead, and he said that game is too old. I told him that MKDC was terrible and hung up (lol). I wish they woulda just said at the beginning that there would be no tournament.

WeAreNotBrother

WeShareBlood
I was allowed to attend my shops tournament prize was 3 months abox live and 10 quid giftcard which i won with kung lao thursdays the release tho so i hope to win ps3 game too since ive got the xbox one

Lol, Tim and I set up the tourney at our store, so we had two systems, two tvs, adapters with ps2 pads, etc. So it was all good.

Tim brought the only stick so we went pad only for the tourney out of fairness.

I got 4th. I should have probably won, but I just cheesed with Kabal after about an hour of just watching REOs vids and trying to emulate what I saw, lol. I could have switched to a character I knew better, but didn't.

Got a T-Shirt though.

1st place got the game, second got $20 gift card, and Tim bought a strat guide for 3rd place.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
i went to mine.. there were about 40 guys there :confused: i finshed 5th.. i stupidly should have used a demo character, but instead used sindel and i didnt know any combos and the strategies i was told werent wise cause of teh slow start up with those attacks with her.. like right now stuff i know i would have won..

the guy that beat me is the guy that won, he used scorpion.. the character i should have used..

it was one round only. winner won $25.00 gift card, top 4 got key chains. random people got silly prizes. there was also a raffle for the game..

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
i went to mine.. there were about 40 guys there :confused: i finshed 5th.. i stupidly should have used a demo character, but instead used sindel and i didnt know any combos and the strategies i was told werent wise cause of teh slow start up with those attacks with her.. like right now stuff i know i would have won..

the guy that beat me is the guy that won, he used scorpion.. the character i should have used..

it was one round only. winner won $25.00 gift card, top 4 got key chains. random people got silly prizes. there was also a raffle for the game..
lol I hear ya, dude there were 2 guys pretty good. One guy was GREAT at throw escaping, every throw attempt I made was teched...so I had to alter my game. I picked Scorpion every time since I was so used to him from the demo, even though his crazy teleport, JK, teleport, JK repeat was nerfed I used it to the limit and mixed up the spears, ex spears with the x-ray from dial ups. Worked well. The funny thing is one of the people I had to play was one of my close friends, in the second round lol. Another guy tried spamming noobs turtling moves and slides.

The GS chick wanted a pic of my MK tat haha. But it was a fun experience, everyone went nuts and cheered at the fatalities....lol

And yes, I agree guys GS at least mine didn't prepare well...not only where they asking people near the store outside if they were joining the tourney but they failed to set up prior, they kept us outside a half hour after 10:00 tournament time....lol

JagoMIH

Noob
i went to my local gamestop and won the tourney, but they didnt give me a free copy of the game, they gave me one of those big mk9 box stands with the game cover art on the front and raiden and some screenshots on the back