What's new

Games you felt that had potential, but failed.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
i like a lot of games and im rarely ever turned off by them unless they're utter shit. I loved Re4 and 5. i know a lot of people don't like how re5 turned into mostly an action action game wiith very little horror, but honestly when u think about it from the character standpoint. These guys are supposed to be ready for this shit by now, so when u think about it survival horror wouldn't make all that much sense....just sayin.

I did like the earlier resident evil's quite a bit. But i still prefer 4 and 5 over the older ones and im getting 6 for sure.

Oh and btw one game i know could have really had potential was DARK SECTOR. I have it and its very fun. To bad the ip was aparently dropped tho. But since im gonna be a game designer at some point in the future, maybe i could get the rights to it or somethin :p. The game just has too much epic potential to just throw away IMO. With enough elbow grease it could easily be turned into a great franchise.

virtiqaL

Noob
i like a lot of games and im rarely ever turned off by them unless they're utter shit. I loved Re4 and 5. i know a lot of people don't like how re5 turned into mostly an action action game wiith very little horror, but honestly when u think about it from the character standpoint. These guys are supposed to be ready for this shit by now, so when u think about it survival horror wouldn't make all that much sense....just sayin.
I think the problem most people have with the RE games starting with 4 and onward isn't just that it's becoming more action-oriented. The gameplay has become much more linear compared to the earlier installments where you had to run through multiple corridors, search for keys, solve puzzles, conserve ammo, etc. The newer RE games pretty much force you down a linear corridor or two where you watch a cutscene, kill some enemies and then a boss, rinse, repeat.

The fun factor in Resident Evil was never solely based on simply shooting enemies, and with the almost complete lack of adventure (the linear nature of the later games) and atmosphere (the old school fixed camera angles did a lot to add atmosphere and suspense), that's pretty much all that it has to offer.

The only thing that could get me excited for the series again is an RE2 remake similar to the remake they did of the original, with gameplay going back to its roots.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
well i still like them. And i really am serious about that Dark Sector thing. Maybe even prototype as well...stupid activision.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I think that was the main problem with L4D2, that a sequel wasn't really needed at the time. It ended up feeling like a $60 DLC with less likeable characters, and IMO, less enjoyable maps.
Console version is bottom tier. With all the content(user and official) you can get on PC, I'd buy it for 60 dollars.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
Halo 3: ODST

It hurt my fingers just to type that. I pretend this game doesn't exist but the fact remains, stepping away from the Master Chief story could have great and educating to the players who didn't follow the story that closely.

virtiqaL

Noob
Console version is bottom tier. With all the content(user and official) you can get on PC, I'd buy it for 60 dollars.
The original L4D had mod support as well, and there's nothing that L4D2 brought to the table that couldn't have been made by modders over time. So, $60 is still a little steep if you already owned the first. Luckily, Steam has sales often, grabbed L4D2 for like $5 on a sale.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Starhawk- thought it would be an intense multiplayer mech shooter with RTS elements but i was wrong.

Prototype 2- Stupid main FUCKING character, he FUCKING swears so FUCKING much it FUCKS me off. FUCK.

FF13- first half is really good if you like little girls moaning and pretty colours but until you get up to the action you realise what the entire game could have and should have been

SFxT- A solid idea let down by its stupid mechanics, online frame drops, and the fucking time outs jesus. If i had an extra 30 seconds to enjoy every round properly this game would shoot up in my books

Skyrim- I was so hyped on this game, i played through ALL of the content, i have max levels on all stats from grinding, and i hadnt touched the story properly. When i did finish the story i was left wanting a bit more, and the replay value is shocking. I could still put oblivion in now and play through it again, but skyrim stays on the shelf where it belongs.

Dead Island- what the fuck, seriously.

MK9- This game had a good run, we all made the best of it. But even now so long after its release people keep giving me more reasons to hate this game, and its just broken beyond repair, and the constant glimmer of hope of that overdue patch that never came was just the icing, sorry but im disapointed!

Pokemon Conquest- Its basically FF Tactics with pokemon, but because its a pokemon game it spoonfed you. The starting battles makes you fight fire,water and grass leaders. This is easy because once you conquer them you can add those pokemon into your team, meaning the next battle will be heavily in your favour if you know the simple combat triangle of water>fire>grass>water .

World of warcraft: Cataclysm- I remember the days of finding 5 people, IQ testing them, making sure they werent a bunch of retards. Then getting on my fuck off expensive flying mount and flying 15 minutes out into the wilderness to summon my buddies, and then all of us go together and pick up tiny improvements to our gear in the long grind to being a raid-worthy player. Now, you click a button after you pick up all the free gear you want, and youre standing infront of Deathwing, with 24 other morons who cant play the game, smashing your face on the keyboard and feeling a sense of achievement as the game hands you top level gear. I hate how it changed and i hate the way its baby-mode all over and theres no challenges. Im an old player who remembers the days where grinding didnt just mean clicking a button and waiting for a little popup to teleport you infront of a boss with some retards who cant speak your language or play the game, it actually meant going out and playing the game. JEEEZZZ i hate cataclysm :'(

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I agree, RE1/2/3 shit all over the others.

MK9 - Love it, but still its hard to deny that its a fail.

MW3/WaW/MW2 -Juggernaut, OP weapons reducing diversity or assisting shit players for dying. Why have any of them in any shooter?

Halo:Reach - After having played competitive H3 for years, this was a major dissapointment.

Halo 3: ODST

It hurt my fingers just to type that. I pretend this game doesn't exist but the fact remains, stepping away from the Master Chief story could have great and educating to the players who didn't follow the story that closely.
Lol I still don't treat that game as anything more than an on disk map pack. Played firefight once lol

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Final Fantasy 13

disc 1-2 ass
disc 3 finally what i wanted but way too damn late
Agree, It was really fun to me but way to linear.

Bioshock 2. Being a Bid Daddy made the game bad.

Halo 3. That game, simply put I hated it.

Halo 3 :ODST. It was solely made for the Halo Reach Beta.

Fable 3. Nothing good about it. Fable 2 was sooooo much better.