What's new

Games you felt that had potential, but failed.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?

Death Cargo
I had my hopes up for another gory fighter, instead Necrostorm's terrible attitudes and horrible design choices have made up a mess of a game.

Dead Rising: Chop Till you Drop
The reason why this game failed was not just because of the wii hardware, but because Capcom just removed SOO MUCH from the original game. I understood about somethings but a lot of stores just had the "Under Construction" signs and you couldn't enter them. The cutscenes were in really shitty quality, even for a Wii. I felt that this title could have been done a bit better, but instead what we got was a Frank West who couldn't take photos, wonky ass controls, and no jumping. I did like how much content was in this game however.

REO

Undead
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 5
Left 4 Dead 2
Turok Evolution
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi (and up)
Dead Island
Singularity

Chromehounds.

It is my favorite video game of all time by far. Nothing will ever surpass that game. But, it had a pretty small player base, and the servers were shut down years ago. It may have been 4 years now. I would kill a small infant in cold blood for 1 more month with that game.

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
Well, it never really actually released. But, apparently the PSX Superman game actually had really promising screenshots, but thanks to a CERTAIN N64 game it ended up being canned.

Fast forward over ten years later and we still don't have a good Superman game. ):

EDIT: Looking into it, apparently it was actually being rebuilt from the ground up after the N64 game flopped hard. But their hold on the license expired.

The Singleplayer area had a unique concept with the ability to slow, stop, and reverse time. The Multiplayer also had a bit of an old-school feel to it with pick-up items like weapons, grenades, and powerups. With the Time Control concept of the Singleplayer integrated into Multiplayer through "Time Grenades".

It failed because not many knew what "TimeShift" was.

SZSR

Noob
Godzilla: Unleashed, one of the biggest Godzilla rosters and it just was ruined by a horrible fighting system.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I second the vote for SFxT. One of the only other fighters out there period that I was genuinely excited about, and it was a fucking disaster.

Ape Escape 3. I'm a lifelong fan of the franchise (don't judge me), and it wasn't a BAD game by far, but the gameplay was painfully repetitive, the concept of the Power Suits was great until you realized you only needed 1 or 2 of them to serve all of your needs, they made it waaaaaaaaaaaay too fucking easy compared to the previous titles, and the story was literally a complete re-hash of the previous games with the addition of a girl character and the Store that was 90% full of useless concept art and the like.

Mortal Kombat Armageddon. The amount of potential that game squandered will upset me to the end of my days.

CRUM

Noob
I was jacked up for the LOST game. It wasn't all that bad but nothing spectacular. Gears of War 2 was pretty bad multiplayer-wise. That's really all that comes to mind at the moment

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』

i felt like the game was just not what i expected. it didnt feel like the rapture i played in Bioshock 1. i shelved the game before i beat it because of the mediocracy

ff13, but I never had high expectations to begin with.

deus ex invisible war and human revolution. To be fair, it's tough not to disappoint when the first game was so awesome.

virtiqaL

Noob
Ghost Recon 2 until it was canceled for PC. Gameplay-wise, the series died after that.

Modern Warfare 2 for PC until I learned the PC version was going to be a port from consoles, with no dedicated servers or corner peeking. Never purchased, turned out to be a good choice.

SFxT, we all know how this turned out.

Gran Turismo 5.

Diablo 3. - This might be worth playing again with more patches, but in its current form, it's a huge letdown.

I second REO on L4D2 and RE5, I still haven't been able to sit through all of RE5.