What's new

General/Other GA wins CEO

D1 is -1
Grundy can d+2 because it´s an 8 frame move. GA d1 is 7 frames startup and -1 onblock. Read, bait, punish. Like I said, GA depends on reads.
How many chars have an 8 frame mid? ChrisG abused d1 at CEO, must be a bad move.
Is that so hard to understand. If my d1 is blocked and I press nothing, the most chars are out of range to counter d1. They must use a slower mid.

I´m out here. GA/ChrisG only wons 2 Tournaments with abusing a shitty move. You´re right.

How many FG have you played? 3!!!

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
D1 is -1
Grundy can d+2 because it´s an 8 frame move. GA d1 is 7 frames startup and -1 onblock. Read, bait, punish. Like I said, GA depends on reads.
How many chars have an 8 frame mid? ChrisG abused d1 at CEO, must be a bad move.
Is that so hard to understand. If my d1 is blocked and I press nothing, the most chars are out of range to counter d1. They must use a slower mid.

I´m out here. GA/ChrisG only wons 2 Tournaments with abusing a shitty move. You´re right.

How many FG have you played? 3!!!
Where are you getting your frame data.
Read, bait, punish, random words that have nothing to do with the argument.
Every character depends on reads. Random words.
All the characters have 8 or less frames mids.
D1 is great, doesn't mean it's an infinite.
Is that so hard to understand? Have you even played the game?

I'm out here. ChrisG is a great player, and great players win with any character. You're right, you have no reading comprehension skills.

so.....is there any video footage of top 8 for injustice? i cant see to find the archive for it from ceo :(

can anyone help plz?

ando1184

Noob
The whole game is braindead tho. Don't just pick on poor supes. How braindead is it to do d1 ice arrow over and over?

#moreprothanyou
d1, arrow isn't a viable tool, a lot of characters can d1 in between the arrow. In this game d1 can lead to full combos so doing d1, arrow, rinse and repeat isn't the best of options. ChrisG won off of good reads, patience, and reaction, he's just a solid tourney player and people shouldn't focus on GA as the winner of CEO.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
You basically describes his tools but not why he's good or not.

Wake ups.
Savage Blast can be stuffed, and they can basically throw a projectile at you if you keep doing it. Hurricane Blade is full combo punishable. Stinger is full combo punishable.

Anti airs.
D2 is a good anti air on read. You can't do it on reaction and even on a read it loses to characters like Catwoman, Lex, Aquaman, Deathstroke and Scorpion.
Sky alert as an anti cross up, good luck with that lol.

Mix ups.
F2D13 is a great string, but it's far from "the best in the game". F2D13 against someone who knows how to play the MU is practically useless unless you do shenanigans, and either way, good luck trying to get in with it against characters with good anti airs (13 frames startup wat wat).
b2 xx arrow, d1 xx arrow, d1 xx jump out d4 are all great and stuff, but d1 xx arrow can be interrupted and d1 xx jump out down arrow is pretty readable.

I was actually talking to wonderShaft about this and I came up with this quick MU numbers based on MY gameplay of GA.

Winning match ups: 2.
Favorable match ups: 5.
Even match ups: 4.
Unfavorable match ups: 9.
Losing match ups: 2.

No idea match ups: 4 (haven't played enough at a good level to make a judgement).

That looks pretty mid tier to me.
Could you list out the characters for those MUs. Just curious, don't know enough about him to disagree but just to get a general idea.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Could you list out the characters for those MUs. Just curious, don't know enough about him to disagree but just to get a general idea.
Sure thing TYM poster Zoidberg

(Arrowman - Character)
6 - 4 Flash
4 - 6 Nightwing
5 - 5 maybe 4 - 6 Batman
Cyborg haven't played post patch
5 - 5 Superman
4 - 6 Raven
4 - 6 Aquaman
WW haven't really played against
5 - 5 or 4 - 6 Scorpion
6 - 4 maybe 7 - 3 Hawkgirl
5 - 5 Shazam
5 - 5 GL
5 - 5 or 4 - 6 Batgurl
Lobo no idea, prob 6 - 4 Lobo
6 - 4 Joker
6 - 4 Harley
7 - 3 Grundy
Lex no idea
6 - 4 Catwoman
3 - 7 Deathstroke
Ares no idea, maybe 5 - 5
3 - 7 KF (GOOD FUCKING LUCK WITH THAT SHIT)
5 - 5 or 4 - 6 Doomsday
5 - 5 or 4 - 6 Sinestro
4 - 6 Bladam
6 - 4 Bane

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Sure thing TYM poster Zoidberg

Flash 6 - 4
Nightwing 4 - 6
Batman 5 - 5 maybe 4 - 6
Cyborg haven't played post patch
Superman 5 - 5
Raven 4 - 6
Aquaman 4 - 6
WW haven't really played against
Scorpion 5 - 5 or 4 - 6
Hawkgirl 6 - 4 maybe 7 - 3
Shazam 5 - 5
GL 5 - 5
Batgurl 5 - 5 or 4 - 6
Lobo no idea, prob 6 - 4
Joker 6 - 4
Harley 6 - 4
Grundy 7 - 3
Lex no idea
Catwoman 6 - 4
Deathstroke 3 - 7
Ares no idea, maybe 5 - 5
KF 3 - 7
Doomsday 5 - 5 or 4 - 6
Sinestro 5 - 5 or 4 - 6
Bladam 4 - 6
Bane 6 - 4
Thank you Nicholas Cage

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
I like how Chris get's beaten by people at next level that drops half of their combos, but is able to win CEO:p If you watch the stream from last night on Arturo's stream, you will see people handling his GA and exposing the character's weaknesses. They still have a lot to learn against GA, but it's already enough to beat Chris at a local.