What's new

General/Other GA wins CEO

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Congrats to Chris G for winning CEO, there is no other that uses this character as he uses so it seems.

And we complained about him a lot, so firstly our excuse of GA being low tier was "no one was blocking GA properly"

Well, i'm pretty sure that by the time, ppl learned how to block him properly, what is our excuse for GA being low tier now?

lawzoers

Noob
Christ G did not even maximize damage in his combos, did the reset stuff with the super and seldom used the interactables, yet still he won. His wonderful defense helped him to achieve victory.

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
Good stuff to Chris for sure, but to say that noone uses GA like him?

The deciding factor is Chris' skills alone. How he actually knows how to block and other people don't and isn't familiar with the GA matchup. GA is good don't get me wrong, but the win is neither because GA is very good or because Chris does something character spesific.

I have actually been telling Chris a lot of the stuff he is doing, on facebook, that he openly admits he didn't know before I told him.

He is also doing some bad stuff with GA: No super reset after freeze arrow (As Brady points out a lot).

No use of f2d13 for guaranteed super (almost)

And keeps doing 111 xx super reset, which can be escaped pretty easily with a simple backdash (But he got away with this so why not right)

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Since when GA was low tier? Mid tier at best, and he does well against Superman and Scorpion.

I'm surprised people still don't get how Tier lists and match ups work.... smh.

When I join TYM I always read, GA is mid tier at best. To be honest, I don´t know why. Can you tell me what are his faults? Best Mixup in the Game, he is safe, have a out of jail card, 2 viable AA option ( I use the useless arrow very often). His only weakness I think is, you have to make reads and this is how a char should be, not like F+23xxSuper breath shit. GA Problem is, in IGAU are too many chars with mindless zoning/rushdown

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
When I join TYM I always read, GA is mid tier at best. To be honest, I don´t know why. Can you tell me what are his faults? Best Mixup in the Game, he is safe, have a out of jail card, 2 viable AA option ( I use the useless arrow very often). His only weakness I think is, you have to make reads and this is how a char should be, not like F+23xxSuper breath shit. GA Problem is, in IGAU are too many chars with mindless zoning/rushdown

Best mix up in the game? Have you seen the vortex of a lot of the other characters? What is his get out of jail card exactly? If you say db2, then what is your definition of get out of jail card? I wouldn't say sky alert is a viable anti air when you have to use it on prediction unless you are fighting doomsday that does dives. d2 might be a good anti air after patch though!

Weakness is low damage, dependent on loading arrows which he frequently gets punished for. Poor wake up options. Pretty bad zoning.

Scalabrine

Not new but whatevs...
why do people go to bane when they're talking about low tiers when he's high-mid to mid himself
Then you tell me who's considered the crappiest one. I personally don't think he's all that bad but people around here seem think he's the worst.

Joker then?Cyborg?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Then you tell me who's considered the crappiest one. I personally don't think he's all that bad but people around here seem think he's the worst.

Joker then?Cyborg?
Lobo, Joker, Shazam, and Lex are all pretty mediocre right now. Lex is probably the best of the four but unless he gets some minor buffs to shoot him up he's not going anywhere.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
What SimSim said.

Depends on gimmicky shit and meter for damage. Tiny T-rex arms range. Constantly being nerfed because "infinites" that aren't really infinites (in a game where block infinites do not exist).

I don't think zoning is much of an issue anymore for him (since DS was a horrible MU for him and he got nerfed), but yeah, most decent whiff punisher is 13 frames into a difficult to hit low damage combo that relies on you having an arrow. Or d1, but d1 arrow only really works against people who don't know the MU.

Now I've explained this like a million times, but you people don't seem to get how tier lists work.

If a character has amazing tools, but they don't work against most of the cast, he's low tier.
If a character is super shitty, but he has 1 thing that turns most of the match ups in his favor, he's top tier.

The more good match ups the character has, the higher he is in the tier list.
The more bad match ups the character has, the lower he is in the tier list.

Now I'll explain with apples.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam

Joker then?Cyborg?

Honestly? I think its Shapzam.

Joker has great damage and potential, cyborg has great zoning.

RIF

Noob
UMV3 REALLY helps to improve your blocking. The game moves at such a fast pace, that Injustice attacks seem much slower. ChrisG is a blocking GOD IN MARVEL, so of course that is going to translate.

Having said that, GA is High-Mid. A lot of the cast is in that same range. (Harley, Sinestro, and Hawkgirl to name a few) The problem is the top tiers are MUCH better than the rest of the cast so it feels like a lot of the characters aren't viable.

Bane is NOT the worst character in the game. I am afraid that honor belongs to either Joker or Lex.

db+2 is his best wakeup, it interrupts a lot of vortex setups, except Batmans J+2 due to his broken hitbox. D2 is for IGAU standards a good anti air. With a lot of chars you make the read to anti air and.... the D+2 trades. As I said, GA highly depends on reads. I use sky alert when the opponent cross ups per flow chart, like PL with Batman did. Sky alert is 1 frame slower then d2 I think. GA have vortex too. In my opinion, his low overhead mixup is the best in the game. b+2 comes out of nowhere, his F+2D+13 mixups are safe and his pressure is quite good. Have you seen chris´ match against REO D1xxIce Arrow (blocked) D1xxArrow D1xxArrow (hit) F+2D+13 and REO haven´t blocked it twice. This is a setup which i´m using myself. When I´m reading some threads here, I only read about GA weaknesses. 223xxDB+4 comboender, then 4 be surprised how many wakeups are beaten be this bait. But OK, when everybody thinks is mid at best, then ok. I compeletly disagree. GA have only won 2 majors

@SatsuiYesHadou

I´m not complaining but this is braindead
#wannabepro

Rome

Noob
Tierlists are one of the most senseless things, imo. Only the player makes a char good or weak ( except in igau. There are more than enough chars where u need no brain to win... )

At least people can use the lists as guidelines...

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
db+2 is his best wakeup, it interrupts a lot of vortex setups, except Batmans J+2 due to his broken hitbox. D2 is for IGAU standards a good anti air. With a lot of chars you make the read to anti air and.... the D+2 trades. As I said, GA highly depends on reads. I use sky alert when the opponent cross ups per flow chart, like PL with Batman did. Sky alert is 1 frame slower then d2 I think. GA have vortex too. In my opinion, his low overhead mixup is the best in the game. b+2 comes out of nowhere, his F+2D+13 mixups are safe and his pressure is quite good. Have you seen chris´ match against REO D1xxIce Arrow (blocked) D1xxArrow D1xxArrow (hit) F+2D+13 and REO haven´t blocked it twice. This is a setup which i´m using myself. When I´m reading some threads here, I only read about GA weaknesses. 223xxDB+4 comboender, then 4 be surprised how many wakeups are beaten be this bait. But OK, when everybody thinks is mid at best, then ok. I compeletly disagree. GA have only won 2 majors

@SatsuiYesHadou

I´m not complaining but this is braindead
#wannabepro
The whole game is braindead tho. Don't just pick on poor supes. How braindead is it to do d1 ice arrow over and over?

#moreprothanyou