What's new

General/Other - Jacqui Briggs Future patch change speculations..

Wigy

There it is...
increase range on her pokes, i like everything about her, tried to play her for ages. But jesus her pokes just get you crucified by half the cast.

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
All I ask for now is more d1 range. Seriously, she might as well have no d1 at all as it stands. NRS gave it a faster startup, but that does not matter when you can never counter poke because the entire cast has more range.

Apologia X

Trump 2020
Poor Jacqui. Her last hope is this upcoming patch with the KP2 characters. Hopefully, it's an actual balance patch and not just a bug/glitch patch.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
If only Jacqui could get some buffs. If only, if only she could get range. Buff a hitbox or two. Add a new move/string that has actual MKX range. Something. Anything. Please.

Nothing is more disgusting than landing a Jip crossup and whiffing B3.

darklightjg1

Lost Street Fighter Player
I suspect that she won't get anything beyond minor bug fixes. They seemed to specifically avoid giving her better normal range and an armor move that launches, so I really have no reason to expect they'll finally add that in next patch. They said they were "happy" with where the cast was at from the late August/Early September patch.

The Abbot

Unit LK-52O
Definitely think 4U4 should be changed to U4.
I would like armor on shotgun specials and ground pound (if Tremor has a safe low starter why not?).
Her wakes ups are all punishable for the most part and she really lacks in the neutral.

Would (ex)df2 as an overhead be OP? It would add a good mix up. I hardly ever use it otherwise.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
2 universal ones Id like to see. her bf2 to instantly hit them when she comes in contact with them. And for it to knock them up higher so its easier to combo afterwards.

High tech:
ex gauntlet charge up is 30 frames of recovery instead of 60

And gauntlet charge to have less pushback on block (unless ur gauntlets are powered to level 2 or u ex it) that way it gives u a reason to stay at level 1

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
It bothers me that better top tier characters like Tremor can have low, launching, long ranged, plus on block armor moves, but Jacqui getting just one single safe or a launching armor move is deemed as "too much".

It bothers me.

stosn

Noob
In High Tech its need plus on throw, because its looks like a joke in the corner, after throw you are in so big minus and if the enemy knows this, you need to block or respect his tools

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
In High Tech its need plus on throw, because its looks like a joke in the corner, after throw you are in so big minus and if the enemy knows this, you need to block or respect his tools
:eek:

I didn't know this. Only in HT or in all variations? That's some pretty big bs considering how important the corner game is to HT.

stosn

Noob
:eek:

I didn't know this. Only in HT or in all variations? That's some pretty big bs considering how important the corner game is to HT.
Throw got the same frame data for all variations. For example - i can`t do smth with cassie flipkick ( regular ) in the corner after throw, its beats all my moves ( no armored )
i lied, after throw you can beat flipkick with d1, d3, s4. You can do jump back/forward/up, backdash.
But still this optionts not so good for High Tech Jacqui, because she got so many setup for throw, but after throw you lose advantage

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Throw got the same frame data for all variations. For example - i can`t do smth with cassie flipkick ( regular ) in the corner after throw, its beats all my moves ( no armored )
What??? Wow that's messed up. I think a lot of people don't know this. You should post a video for this one. This needs to be fixed ASAP before everyone figures it out and starts blowing us up for it. I definitely never even considered it.

stosn

Noob
What??? Wow that's messed up. I think a lot of people don't know this. You should post a video for this one. This needs to be fixed ASAP before everyone figures it out and starts blowing us up for it. I definitely never even considered it.
but you can block after throw, so bait flip kick. I hope you understand that :DOGE
i lied, after throw you can beat flipkick with d1, d3, s4. You can do jump back/forward/up, backdash.
But still this optionts not so good for High Tech Jacqui, because she got so many setup for throw, but after throw you lose advantage

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
but you can block after throw, so bait flip kick. I hope you understand that :DOGE
Hahaha!!!!!

Oh that's good. At least things like S4 and D1 will hit. But still, no way we shouldnt be at the proper advantage lol.