What's new

General/Other - Jacqui Briggs Future patch change speculations..

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
I was curious what types of changes you guys think Jacqui might get with the oncoming patch, if any at all. What are your thoughts? Overall, she's definitely better right now than she was at launch... no question.

I'm hoping that she gets a little more range on her D1 or D3 and they'll change 4U4 to just U4. I'd like her DB1 to be faster too. I don't think her D4 needs to be changed.

In Shotgun, when you do 33-(ex)DB2, your opponent staggers away at a different distance which depends upon what stance you are in. I'd like that to be normalized too. (Not that you wanna do 33 often because it's unsafe, but it should at least be consistent on hit.)

Tell me your thoughts.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
F2u2 24 needs to not whiff sometimes.
Armor on ex DD1
Bf2 is -15 on block w pushback
Ex bf2 is -9 on block

High tech
Slight range increase on DF2 so 1212 QB doesnt whiff.
EX df2 has armor
Ex DB2 start ups 5f faster
When you reflect with DF2 you can MB to shoot a projectile.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
F2u2 24 needs to not whiff sometimes.
Armor on ex DD1
Bf2 is -15 on block w pushback
Ex bf2 is -9 on block

High tech
Slight range increase on DF2 so 1212 QB doesnt whiff.
EX df2 has armor
Ex DB2 start ups 5f faster
When you reflect with DF2 you can MB to shoot a projectile.
Yea, something needs to be done with (ex)BF2. I almost never have a reason to use it. Armor on (ex)DD1 would be incredible. She could really benefit from an armored launcher (safe on block too).

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
At this point I'm not sure there's anything they can give her to make her competitive. She's basically a shitty HQT Predator. No safe armored wakeup, no footsies, mediocre zoning that verges on nonexistent depending on the MU, low damage, bad mixups, zero dirt in a game full of it.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
That's overselling it tbh, coz it's not a wake up move or anything so calling an armored launcher is kinda off. What it'll be is a fucking cheap as shit jump in coz it'll beat 1 hit anti-airs like s1, d2 so yeah that's definitely not happening.

I want less recovery on hand cannon, it sucks getting punished from like 3/4 of the stage or sometimes fullscreen for even attempting to use it.
And maybe air rockets (have it be the f2u2 24 ender animation). Could be neat to add a new dimension to her keepaway/zoning.

Ex QB having armor would be awesome, gives her an extra wakeup move and helps her against pressure. Plus the move is still pretty useless outside of some corner combos.

Some extra range on some normals or a quicker d4 can make a lot of difference.

I wanna see what their strategy is with the patching, like are they gonna keep it simple with small changes or are they gonna do what KI is planning to do and overhaul the engine and add moves/adjust things heavily.

E

Eldriken

At this point I'm not sure there's anything they can give her to make her competitive. She's basically a shitty HQT Predator. No safe armored wakeup, no footsies, mediocre zoning that verges on nonexistent depending on the MU, low damage, bad mixups, zero dirt in a game full of it.
Low damage? C'mon, now. I know you know better than that. That's always been something that Jacqui's had.

It's just harder to get to it compared to the rest of the cast. :DOGE

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Make her f2 13 frames; this solves so many of her problems at once.

Make her ex bf2 15 frames startup and -12 with pushback (the same as ex db2 in full auto pushback); this addresses her armour issue.

Make db1 8 frames startup; makes her reflect useable (this helps high tech in particular as she has no full screen presence)

Change 4u4 input to u4; this makes her mid much more accessible.

Even if she only gets the first 2, she'd be soooooo much better.

Koor

Hot Gyahbage
Better reach on her normals. Like, B33 is just............depressing.

EX-BF2 launches. Also, is it just me or is there something messed up about the inputs between BF2 & DF2? For example in Full-Auto; you input her machine gun and get the uppercut instead.

Same opinion as others on the Stanky Leg input. Needs to be changed.

Reflect Shield startup increased. NRS had it right with Wonder Womans parry. It was quick enough to catch projectiles on reaction, but still punishable if you just threw it out without thinking because of the recovery.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Extending her d4 and d3 a bit would help. It's possible, they gave Kitana a brand new d1.

Ex bf2 is useless. Give it a good anti air hitbox. Now she has an answer to jumping from mid range. Even if it has to look weird like Jasons clothesline anti airing.

Give her d2 a better hitbox and more priority over jump attacks.

Decrease start up of bf4(the gut punch) make it her armor. Start up 8-10 frames. Doesn't need to launch.

Make b2 a low crush attack. It's a good mid ranged overhead. Make it so you can bait out d3s and d4s and punish with it.

I don't really play this character much, but I've played against her more than enough to know what her weaknesses are. I think these changes would be welcome. What do you guys think?

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Better reach on her normals. Like, B33 is just............depressing.

EX-BF2 launches. Also, is it just me or is there something messed up about the inputs between BF2 & DF2? For example in Full-Auto; you input her machine gun and get the uppercut instead.

Same opinion as others on the Stanky Leg input. Needs to be changed.

Reflect Shield startup increased. NRS had it right with Wonder Womans parry. It was quick enough to catch projectiles on reaction, but still punishable if you just threw it out without thinking because of the recovery.
I'm not sure why you get D2 when you do a special. I don't have that issue.