What's new

Discovery Full Stealth Nerfs/Buffs (Mostly Nerfs)

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I kept roughly the same wording you used. I'm assuming F/T players will understand the spectrum part XD
To clarify for those who don't, "spectrum" is a term used to describe variable block advantage based on animation timing.
Point blank is one end of the spectrum, while peak distance is the other. Everything inbetween either gains or loses advantage depending on if you are further away or closer, respectively.

So if you do it point blank, its about -5 or so. If you do it from peak distance, its about +2. If you do it from halfway, you'll be left at -1 or so.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
To clarify for those who don't, "spectrum" is a term used to describe variable block advantage based on animation timing.
Point blank is one end of the spectrum, while peak distance is the other. Everything inbetween either gains or loses advantage depending on if you are further away or closer, respectively.

So if you do it point blank, its about -5 or so. If you do it from peak distance, its about +2. If you do it from halfway, you'll be left at -1 or so.
Thanks for clarifying it.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
For Special Forces Sonya, the time between being able call drone~drone special has increased.
We're not sure what exactly the difference is as the frames hasn't changed, but there is definitely a change.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Crystalline Tremor's EX shatter now does 10% damage instead of 14%. Also regular db1 shatter doesn't feel like 0 on block anymore. Someone will have to test that.
It might be -5 now like the EX version

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Crystalline Tremor's EX shatter now does 10% instead of 14%. D3 is now -2 instead of +1, and d4 is more negative don't remember how much though. Also regular db1 shatter doesn't feel like 0 on block anymore. Someone will have to test
Everyone knows the d3 and d4 nerf,

The 10% has not been stated though so good find.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
About the unblockable OTG thing (in general), I'm pretty sure whatever algorithm was patched in for it effects the scaling in any capacity even if they weren't 100% guaranteed. So it's not really aimed at Goro's telestomp enders on some BNBs.

For Scorpion they removed flame aura ticking armour and his 123 string is now -2 instead of -1.
123 by itself was always -2 on block.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Hat Trick Kung Lao
Can no longer Hat trap before the hat goes back to his head if Hatarang is used.
Can no longer connect tele 2 if Hatarang hits fullscreen
Foward low hat trap recovery is now the same as foward hat trap and above hat trap (stealth useless buff)
Away low hat trap recovery is now the same as foward hat trap, above hat trap and forward hat trap (nice, but to what end? he can't combo with the hat behind him)

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
In Brood Mother at least, D'vorah's f112 now seems to hit more consistently. Not sure if this is variation specific.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
I'll add them in when I get back home (which will be in roughly 5 hours give or take). Once you see the "like", its cuz I added it to the OP

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
This may or may not be obvious from the patch notes but I might as well state it. Regardless it wasn't written there explicitly.

The regular up rock can no longer be comboed after it hits, even at point blank range.

Last edited:

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
The frame data on Tanya's ex fireball in pyro changed from -2 to -3. Nothing huge but it's still a thing