What's new

Discovery Full Stealth Nerfs/Buffs (Mostly Nerfs)

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
So for the sake of saving a crapton of new threads, because there will be as more labbing goes on, this thread is to list all, or as many stealth nerfs/buffs for every character.

Despite NRS having the direct access to check AND change frame data directly themselves, they somehow managed to omit numerous nerfs and buffs from the "official" patch notes. Just post any finds and/or request to have strings checked (I can check frame data frame by frame, which by the way, CUTE story, the "official" notes even got THOSE numbers wrong on some moves) and I will check it.

Feel free to tag anyone to add input. I don't use every character in the game, so I'm taking your (posters) word on any changes listed. If anything is off or simply just not right, it's not a problem to change it after. If I like the post, it means I either agree or that I read over your notes and added them to the OP.

Cassie Cage (Brawler):
Cassie Cage (Hollywood): Nutpunch pushes opponent further away on hit
Cassie Cage (Spec Ops):

D'Vorah (Brood Mother)
D'Vorah (Swarm Queen)
D'Vorah (Venomous)

Ermac (Spectral)
Ermac (Mystic)
Ermac (Master of Souls)

Erron Black

Ferra/Torr: Ferra Toss now +10 on block, up from +6
Ferra/Torr: Kaber Toss (F2) cancel advantage increased by roughly 4 frames
Ferra/Torr (Lackey): Boulder Roll spectrum (variable block stun) now -5 to +2 on block, up from -11 to -3

Goro: EX Stomp scales the same way OTG's do despite it not being a true OTG (could be tech rolled)

Jacqui Briggs

Jason

Jax

Johnny Cage

Kano: Horizontal hitbox of Jump In 4 has been shortened

Kenshi

Kitana:
D3 is +10 on hit, down from +11
Kitana (Royal Storm): Can now reflect Kotal Kahn's Sword Throw

Kotal Kahn: B12 is -13 on block, down from -8

Kung Jin

Kung Lao (Hat Trick): If Hatarang is used, can no longer Hat trap before hat goes back to his head
Kung Lao (Hat Trick): If Hatarang connects fullscreen, can no longer connect Tele~2
Kung Lao (Hat Trick): Forward Low Hat Trap is now the same as Foward Hat Trap and Above Hat Trap
Kung Lao (Hat Trick): Away Low Hat Trap recovery is now the same as Foward Hat Trap, Above Hat Trap and Forward Hat Trap (can't combo with the hat behind him anymore)

Liu Kang (Dragon's Fire): All FBRC's delayed by 3 frames

Mileena: F44 is now -10(-9) on block, down from -9(-8) so 8f normals can now punish it; gap is still there
Mileena (Piercing): Cancel advantage on block from B12 has been reduced, thus no longer having a true blockstring of b12~telekick~Xray, as there is now a gap in between the B12 and telekick
Mileena (Piercing): B1 has less active frames
Mileena (Piercing): (2) from B12 is faster; not really sure why that is

Predator: B311 pushed opponent further away on hit

Quan Chi: Increased recovery on MB Rune and Trance

Raiden

Reptile

Scorpion

Shinnok

Sonya Blade (Special Forces): Increased time on Drone Call appearance

Sub-Zero

Takeda

Tanya: Delayed cancel advantage from 34, causing cancels into dust/flipkick/non EX fireball combos no longer doable
Tanya: Reduced Flip Kick damage
Tanya: Fully charged F3 has increased gravity on hit, making follow ups tighter and/or not possible
Tanya (Kobu Jutsu): There is now a gap from B12+4(*)Rekkas
Tanya (Dragon Naginata): Pogo Stance is more negative on block
Tanya (Dragon Naginata): EX Staff Swing 4, now has a gap

Tremor (Crystalline): EX Shatter now does 10%, down from 14%

Last edited:
Tanya:
Damage has been nerfed
F3's gravity has been changed, opponent does not bounce as high when F3 is fully charged
Kobu Jutsu:
There's a gap in B12+4 into Rekkas
Rekkas do less chip
Dragon Naginata:
Pogo Stance is more negative on block
EX Staff Swing 4 has a gap in it now

There's probably more I'm missing, but that's what I remember lol

Tanya:
Damage has been nerfed
F3's gravity has been changed, opponent does not bounce as high when F3 is fully charged
Kobu Jutsu:
There's a gap in B12+4 into Rekkas
Rekkas do less chip
Dragon Naginata:
Pogo Stance is more negative on block
EX Staff Swing 4 has a gap in it now

There's probably more I'm missing, but that's what I remember lol
Is the F3 gravity change a buff or a nerf?

Espio

Kokomo
Goro: Didn't see this mentioned in the patch notes or on the stream so I guess this counts- He gets significant damage scaling on ending combos with telestomp even though it's not a guaranteed OTG like Tremor or his KW specific ground pound.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Goro: Didn't see this mentioned in the patch notes or on the stream so I guess this counts- He gets significant damage scaling on ending combos with telestomp even though it's not a guaranteed OTG like Tremor or his KW specific ground pound.

Yeah, because NRS thought it was an unescapable setup, when its not. I seriously dont know what they were thinking, nerfing his Stomp setups.

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Tremor:
Corner combos involving EX rolling stone have increased damage scaling

Last edited:

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
I added it in, but I think it's because if they don't tech it, it technically still will register as an OTG hit. I don't agree with him getting it nerfed, but I'm pretty sure that due to it behaving the same exact way, that's the reason why

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
B1 2+4 rekka having a gap isn't stealth. B1 2+4 being -10 was in the patch notes. So that means the cancel advantage went down as well since it's so negative

Cassie's Nutpunch knocks further away on hit

Kitana's d3 is +10 on hit now. Was +11. She can reflect Kotal's sword throw (RS).

Crusty

@Akromaniac27 , I meant to say combos involving Tremor's EX rolling stone will now scale more. It sounds like you said (or what I said rather), that they don't scale at all.

Last edited:

Crusty

Do you have an example? I didn't notice a difference on my reg combo with it.
I don't know any specifics but I am taking Shazzy's word for it. I rarely use the EX rolling stone so I really cannot help you there.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Ferra/Torr

Ferra Toss (d.b.2, overhead) improved from +6 on block to +10
Boulder Roll (b.f.2, mid, Lackey only) spectrum improved from -11 -> -3 to -5 -> +2
Kaber Toss (f.2, low) cancel advantage increased on block by about 4 frames.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
B1 2+4 rekka having a gap isn't stealth. B1 2+4 being -10 was in the patch notes. So that means the cancel advantage went down as well since it's so negative

Cassie's Nutpunch knocks further away on hit

Kitana's d3 is +10 on hit now. Was +11. She can reflect Kotal's sword throw (RS).
Added all that in, but kept Tanya's info too. Frames of advantage or disadvantage don't have a rule of thumb when it comes to cancel advantage. The string still could have stayed a true blockstring even if it was -50 on block lol

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Ferra/Torr

Ferra Toss (d.b.2, overhead) improved from +6 on block to +10
Boulder Roll (b.f.2, mid, Lackey only) spectrum improved from -11 -> -3 to -5 -> +2
Kaber Toss (f.2, low) cancel advantage increased on block by about 4 frames.
I kept roughly the same wording you used. I'm assuming F/T players will understand the spectrum part XD

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Feel free to tag anyone to add input. I don't use every character in the game, so I'm taking your (posters) word on any changes listed. If anything is off or simply just not right, it's not a problem to change it after. If I like the post, it means I either agree or that I read over your notes and added them to the OP.