What's new

Full Ordered Tier List (Best to Worst) Character Ranking

DanCock

Cock Master!!
you pretty much explained kano how i play him LOLOL its the yolo life.

i agree with his list for the most part, i would move jax into the top 10. one of jaxs variations has 8 krushing blow opportunities. LIKE WTF IS THAT. i play dirt bag Kano and i have only 3 chances. i went ahead and counted all the krushing blow chances for each character and it kind of correlates with the tier ranking, if you have more krushing blows, your chances of winning shoots up.

1 Erron Black 5 and 4
2 Cassie Cage 6 and 7
3 Sonya Blade 8 and 5
4 Geras 7 and 6
5 Jacqui Briggs 6 and 4
6 Kabal 6 and 7
7 Scorpion 6 and 5
8 Cetrion 4 and 6
9 Shang Tsung 6 and 5
10 Baraka 6 and 5
11 Subzero 5 and 5
12 Jax 4 and 8
13 Liu Kang 6 and 5
14 Skarlet 5 and 4
15 Jade 5 and 6
16 Noob Saibot 5 and 5
17 Raiden 5 and 5
18 Kung Lao 5 and 5
19 Kitana 5 and 6
20 Johnny Cage 4 and 4
21 Kollector 6 and 5
22 Frost 4 and 4
23 Shao Kahn 5 and 5
24 Kotal Kahn 4 and 5
25 Kano 5 and 3
26 D'Vorah 5 and 2

it has to be a over sight to have Dvorah go into a match with only the two basic bitch krushing blows and kano dirt bag with only 3. hopefully this gets fixed.

also low tier in this game is more like Tekken and less like older mks. where as a low tier can still win. hence why a johnny player has won two tournaments i believe (one offline, one online??).

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
So what does it say about us that the bottom 4 characters, along with #12, are the ones that dominate our TYM KOTH matches?

Maybe the list is backwards, lol.

Anyway, this is why I hate tier lists.

I strongly disagree in that list. No way Erron Black is first. Its pretty balanced character and have his weakness. We see it at CEO, and its every Erron Black player losed in the CEO. While everyone who plays with Liu Kang advance. Not that this is the best measuring stick, but its shows some data.
No way Cassie Cage is on second place, just no way in that too.
Cassie Cage before 2 weeks, let me be exact, before SonicFox wipe ninjakilla with her, no one was talking about her and almost no one was playing her and most people was like it
s weak, blq, blq, blq, and after SonicFox won, everyone out there, mostly fanboys yeah Cassie is so OP ....
And no way Liu Kang is that low, as he have great combo dmg, insanely good CB + FB, and you can use it so easy in combo + he is a great at zoning. And he is one of the fastest character to throw shot, and this is big +. Also he is very easy to learn. Its definitely top tier and its shows in the current tournament.
People tend to overrated or underrated pretty fast and on just 1 or 2 matches.
Atleast in my eyes there is just a few thing about few characters that need to be balanced. This game is all about overall and complete skill, not to be just good at one thing, its a mix of a thing. Some character are good in one thing and bad in the other, some are mix, but deal less for example. Every character so far has it counters, so thats what it`s matter the most.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
REO's MK11 Tier List June 26th 2019

1. Erron Black
  2. Cassie Cage
  3. Sonya Blade
  4. Geras
  5. Jacqui Briggs
  6. Kabal
  7. Scorpion
  8. Cetrion
  9. Shang Tsung
  10. Baraka
  11. Subzero
  12. Jax
  13. Liu Kang
  14. Skarlet
  15. Jade
  16. Noob Saibot
  17. Raiden
  18. Kung Lao
  19. Kitana
  20. Johnny Cage
  21. Kollector
  22. Frost
  23. Shao Kahn
  24. Kotal Kahn
  25. Kano
  26. D'Vorah
Let me translate that Tier List:
S:
Erron, Cassie, Sonya, Geras, Jacqui

A+:
Kabal, Scorpion, Cetrion, Shang, Baraka.

A:
Sub, Jax, Liu, Scarlet, Jade, Noob.

B+:
Raiden, Lao, Kitana, Johnny.

B:
Kollector, Frost, Shao.

C+:
Kotal, Kano, D'Vorah.

Personally I think Shang is high A Tier but not Mid A+. He has plenty of flaws and hard counters. He is definitely a very good character but has his weaknesses. DB1 can be jumped through by Females, Dashed through full combo punished, Corpse drop has enough recovery to dash in full screen for punish. His mix is Fuzzyable and full combo punished on read/reaction. His Fireball can be crouch block ducked by a good portion of the cast. And more, I think his tier list is based off of his characters matchups which can be biased but all in all I think the list is mostly accurate. I'd only change a few

dc1902

Noob
I'm sorry ,but anyone who says Kotal Kahn is at the very bottom is either not familiar with him or mk11. You are talking about a character who has decent damage output, a MID command that buffs his damage, three viable krushing blows(f122,disc throw,and throw that works on BOTH directions), decent normals(f3, f4, f1, hop 3 or 4, 7 frame d1) ,and the ability to heal himself.

Dvorah is the absolute worst in the ENTIRE game. She is unsafe, has laughable damage, and hitbox issues.

I'm sorry ,but anyone who says Kotal Kahn is at the very bottom is either not familiar with him or mk11. You are talking about a character who has decent damage output, a MID command that buffs his damage, three viable krushing blows(f122,disc throw,and throw that works on BOTH directions), decent normals(f3, f4, f1, hop 3 or 4, 7 frame d1) ,and the ability to heal himself.

Dvorah is the absolute worst in the ENTIRE game. She is unsafe, has laughable damage, and hitbox issues.
I don't think I saw a single person attempt Dvorah at CEO

Liu Kang players dominate the stage so far. Erron Blacks was beaten in all matches.
Liu Kang is a top tier, no matter what anyone say. He is fu*** fast on block, very hard to counter, fast on attack, again hard to counter, he have great overall game, crazy good at combo + easy CB and super easy FB + he have very good zoning game.
I just dont see with what exactly Cassie or Erron is better than him.
Cassie CB are worst, her FB su**, her combo does lower damage and Liu Kang with low and high fireball can punish her easy on zoning, and he also have a long range move, that can easy do CB. He also do CB on 2 grabs, on a High Kick, on bicycle kick , on Flying Kick, and you can convert from this, which is just insane.
The only CB you will get with Cassie and you can
t convert on that - just wtf.
Liu Kang is OP, just like he was in MK10, dont know why people dont talk on that. It`s obvious as hell.

Liu Kang players dominate the stage so far. Erron Blacks was beaten in all matches.
Liu Kang is a top tier, no matter what anyone say. He is fu*** fast on block, very hard to counter, fast on attack, again hard to counter, he have great overall game, crazy good at combo + easy CB and super easy FB + he have very good zoning game.
Cassie CB are worst, her FB su**, her combo does lower damage and Liu Kang with low and high fireball can punish her easy on zoning, and he also have a long range move, that can easy do CB. He also do CB on 2 grabs, on a High Kick, on bicycle kick , on Flying Kick, and you can convert from this, which is just insane.
Liu Kang is OP, just like he was in MK10, dont know why people dont talk on that. It`s obvious as hell.
I can’t tell if you’re serious lol.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Yo know mid tier characters can do well if the player is good enough, right?

And people using top tiers can also lose if they get outplayed.

Just checking

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
you pretty much explained kano how i play him LOLOL its the yolo life.

i agree with his list for the most part, i would move jax into the top 10. one of jaxs variations has 8 krushing blow opportunities. LIKE WTF IS THAT. i play dirt bag Kano and i have only 3 chances. i went ahead and counted all the krushing blow chances for each character and it kind of correlates with the tier ranking, if you have more krushing blows, your chances of winning shoots up.

1 Erron Black 5 and 4
2 Cassie Cage 6 and 7
3 Sonya Blade 8 and 5
4 Geras 7 and 6
5 Jacqui Briggs 6 and 4
6 Kabal 6 and 7
7 Scorpion 6 and 5
8 Cetrion 4 and 6
9 Shang Tsung 6 and 5
10 Baraka 6 and 5
11 Subzero 5 and 5
12 Jax 4 and 8
13 Liu Kang 6 and 5
14 Skarlet 5 and 4
15 Jade 5 and 6
16 Noob Saibot 5 and 5
17 Raiden 5 and 5
18 Kung Lao 5 and 5
19 Kitana 5 and 6
20 Johnny Cage 4 and 4
21 Kollector 6 and 5
22 Frost 4 and 4
23 Shao Kahn 5 and 5
24 Kotal Kahn 4 and 5
25 Kano 5 and 3
26 D'Vorah 5 and 2

it has to be a over sight to have Dvorah go into a match with only the two basic bitch krushing blows and kano dirt bag with only 3. hopefully this gets fixed.

also low tier in this game is more like Tekken and less like older mks. where as a low tier can still win. hence why a johnny player has won two tournaments i believe (one offline, one online??).
I honestly wonder if the reason characters like D'vorah, Kitana, and Johnny don't have krushing blow throws is purely due to how rushed out the door this game was. How can you design a character like Johnny Cage and then think that he shouldn't have a nearly universal mechanic that fits right in with his game plan? Same for this version of Kitana, too. I can kinda see some weird half logic for it with D'vorah, since she gets throw combos from setups, but that's only in one variation.

Yo know mid tier characters can do well if the player is good enough, right?

And people using top tiers can also lose if they get outplayed.

Just checking
Of course i know that. Thats why i describe what is so good about Liu Kang and what is making him so dangerous.
And you watching CEO, see the guys who took wins with Liu Kang against what players?
And not a single Erron Black in top 96. And just a single Cassie i think - SonicFox. Thats speak a lot, and how many Liu Kang players - 5 or 6. And it
s not like there is not really top tier players who play Cassie or Erron Black.

And you know this is a money tournament, where everyone will want to get the best of their characters and obviously want play sh*** characters.
I`m 100% sure if SonicFox would picked Liu Kang and starting smashing everything arround, in the very next day he will be on most people Number 1 Tier List spot. Exactly as happen with Cassie.
OutworldKeith, there to put some weight into your comments or just spamming ?
What is not OP about Liu Kang? His fast recovery, his speed, his dmg combos, his imba FB or his imba and thousand CB?

Full disclosure, I main Liu

But aside from matchups I think seeing Ninjakilla pick up Jackie should tell you a lot about Liu Kangs weaknesses. Sure, he can pull out a win against any character, but the more balanced they are they harder its going to be for him. I'm actually shocked Ninja played Liu against Cassie because I find that match difficult, but if he only has two character choices Liu might've been a better pick than Jackie there.

I'll say its possible that you see all of Liu's KB's in a single match but unlikely. Fly kick is not practical. High kick U+3 becomes less practical when your opponent knows the matchup. I'm finding that sometimes I have to use it as a punish instead of a counter to get it out at all during the match and a lot characters that play well against Liu are very safe.

So SonicFox have like 5 character in the bag, so that should tell you a lot about Erron, Cassie, and so on.
Just because someone play multiple character that doesnt mean the character are weak or low tiers.
Did you watch the whole tournament? Ninjakilla and Liu Kang players(and they were a lot) steal so many rounds, by simply KB and FB its just unreal sh***.
Liu Kang was probably the most played character in the tournament. And probably ranked by character achieved the most win.
And ninjakilla have 3 match points against Sonic, so Liu Kang is pretty good against Cassie. Unless you are saying that SonicFox is a a lot weaker than ninja and its winning because of the character he play.
This tournament simply shows what i already know and how strong Liu Kang is, if you know how to play him right.
By mistake. Fixed.

Last edited:

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
So SonicFox have like 5 character in the bag, so that should tell you a lot about Erron, Cassie, and so on.
Just because someone play multiple character that doesnt mean the character are weak or low tiers.
Did you watch the whole tournament? Ninjakilla and Liu Kang players(and they were a lot) steal so many rounds, by simply KB and FB its just unreal sh***.
Liu Kang was probably the most played character in the tournament. And probably ranked by character achieved the most win.
And ninjakilla have 3 match points against Sonic, so Liu Kang is pretty good against Cassie. Unless you are saying that SonicFox is a a lot weaker than ninja and it
s winning because of the character he play.
This tournament simply shows what i already know and how strong Liu Kang is, if you know how to play him right.
Why do you type in all different FONTS?