What's new

Full Ordered Tier List (Best to Worst) Character Ranking

REO

Undead
Hey guys, so I know there's 999 tier lists vids out there but there is barely any tier list videos that seems to order the characters from number one all the way to number twenty-six. This was a good idea that was brought to my attention of starting a list that excludes the ambiguous tier groups and instead focuses on placing characters in specific spots all different from each other. Here is my honest opinion on where all the characters stand right now in a full ordered tier list for any of those players that are interested and are into these sort of things:

I know I left out some key things for the top tiers I went over. I forgot to mention how Cassie doesn't have to deal with the powerful wake-up system ever, how potent her 10f reversal nut kick is at interrupting so many strings and being a great reversal punisher, how she may have the best low profiling standard crouching hurtbox, etc. And the same with Erron Black how I forgot to mention his meterless cancels, barrage of 50/50 mix-ups, overpowering neutral with F+4. and etc. Anyway, hope you guys enjoy.

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
I only like this list because my mains are near the middle of this, besides spawn aint evn out yet lol...

GREAT VIDEO THOUGH REO!!! Thanks for all the great vids!!! leveled my kollector up lol.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
Can someone transcribe the list? I don't wanna burn a half hour reading 26 names.
  1. Erron Black
  2. Caassie Cage
  3. Sonya Blade
  4. Geras
  5. Jacqui Briggs
  6. Kabal
  7. Scorpion
  8. Cetrion
  9. Shang Tsung
  10. Baraka
  11. Sub-Zero
  12. Jax
  13. Liu Kang
  14. Skarlet
  15. Jade
  16. Noob Saibot
  17. Raiden
  18. Kung Lao
  19. Kitana.
  20. Johnny Cage
  21. The Kollector
  22. Frost
  23. Shao Kahn
  24. Kotal Kahn
  25. Kano.
  26. D'vorah

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Fully ordered lists are just soooo subjective.

Most people create biases based on the matchups their character(s) has. This bias internally dictates how good or bad they see a character.

I personally don't agree with most of this as far as exact placings, but everyone is generally in the right area tier-wise.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
Fully ordered lists are just soooo subjective.

Most people create biases based on the matchups their character(s) has. This bias internally dictates how good or bad they see a character.

I personally don't agree with most of this as far as exact placings, but everyone is generally in the right area tier-wise.
I think taking any one tier list as gospel is a mistake. It feels more important to look at the consistency of placements between different tier lists. While the mid tiers seem to have the most discrepancies (Mustard's post-CB list had Frost in A-tier while here, she's bottom 5.), you can typically find that the top and bottom characters are pretty unanimous.

I think it's pretty good that we have a fairly healthy upper mid to mid tier from the looks of it. Once the best and worst characters are addressed, we'd have a pretty damn balanced roster.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
@REO thanks for making me realize Cassie can get out of the corner safely with a bar, damn, why didn't I realize this like months ago? lmao

Matix218

Get over here!
At least REO cant be accused of downplaying. He has his main as the #1 character! (Not that I dont agree, EB is insane).

BTW I love how it is just thread after thread on TYM complaining about scorpion and REO doesnt even have him in top 5. Shows that scorpion is not the issue, it is just bad players who refuse to practice/learn because complaining and asking for nerfs is much easier...

Wigy

There it is...
Agree with the list for the most part.

Aside from the part where he said frost had good mids.

The funny thing is it had to be a specifically numbered tier list in order just given how non controversial the general placings are. It feels like the question of whose good and who isn't is pretty settled.

But the structure also shows how far down you have to go to find a character who can't make a top 8. Go past the 13th spot and you still see characters like Jade popping up.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Uh oh... NERFS INCOMING. I wonder how they would nerf the top tiers. I know Reo made a good video about the adjustments that could balance them out but NRS is pretty infamous about patching characters and making most nearly unplayable.

RIP top tiers after first patch, hopefully Joker comes out soon because I'm sure Cassie's going to get Showered in nerfs. Enough people complained about her.

Matix218

Get over here!
The funny thing is it had to be a specifically numbered tier list in order just given how non controversial the general placings are. It feels like the question of whose good and who isn't is pretty settled.

But the structure also shows how far down you have to go to find a character who can't make a top 8. Go past the 13th spot and you still see characters like Jade popping up.
And kitana at 19, didnt semiij make top 8 with her?

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
And kitana at 19, didnt semiij make top 8 with her?
Semiij made top 8. He happened to be playing Kitana.
It's weird to me how people can't separate elite level players from the characters they're playing.
To your first point about Scorpion- people don't hate him because he's an S+ tier great character. They hate him because he's annoying and ubiquitous.

Matix218

Get over here!
Semiij made top 8. He happened to be playing Kitana.
It's weird to me how people can't separate elite level players from the characters they're playing.
To your first point about Scorpion- people don't hate him because he's an S+ tier great character. They hate him because he's annoying and ubiquitous.
This has nothing to do with semiij not being a great player, it only has to do with the balance of the game. For example, you would NEVER see a bottom tier mk9 character make top 8 at a nearly 1000 person major at any point in the game's life REGARDLESS of how good the player was. That is the point I was making. Obviously semiij is godlike.

And to your scorpion point, every FG has certain characters that are annoying to deal with based on certain tools/specials, that does not = a character that needs to be nerfed.

Looks pretty good to me except I'd put Scorpion above Kabal and arguably even higher, but then again I play online so what do I know? I also think Shang is too high and he will move down the list once people figure him out. I don't see him above mid tier after a month or so.

This has nothing to do with semiij not being a great player, it only has to do with the balance of the game. For example, you would NEVER see a bottom tier mk9 character make top 8 at a nearly 1000 person major at any point in the game's life REGARDLESS of how good the player was. That is the point I was making. Obviously semiij is godlike.

And to your scorpion point, every FG has certain characters that are annoying to deal with based on certain tools/specials, that does not = a character that needs to be nerfed.
I think I see your point, but to add to it this game is much more balanced than MK9. Even the worst characters in this game are pretty good and can compete.