What's new

Frost's Future

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
She can option select teching a throw by going for a PARRY... inputting it db 1+3
They never said that though

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH
You mean to say then when I do a slide, and decide to shortcut 2xxfreeze (because online) by pressing d,then 2xxslide and then dropping it, you assume it's a set up? Set up to what? OTG slide or something?LOLOLOLOLOLOL
Please guys, I drop combos. Am I not allowed?

I've started playing Injustice again, so why don't we stop with the charades and actually play matches. Don't worry I'll go easy on you as per request. I'll even let you pick the stage since I'm such a nice guy...:DOGE

Thought I was on the butt end of a joke or something for a minute there....geez Louise!
Oh please I've seen you do slide d2 slide way too often for it be some kind of online issue. It's one of your legitimate 'set-ups' el oh el

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
45 seconds in. Can't be asked to search for anymore

Yeah exactly that wasn't a set up. Didn't expect the slide to hit, and tried to read a jump from Pryce to d2 him, since I knew he wouldn't fall for parry. Obviously wasn't ready for the slide hitting. Haven't watched the whole thing yet but I could have sworn he jumps a bunch of my post slide parries, does he not?

Jesus Christ you guys think that's a set up? Sometimes I mess up. I'm flattered you think otherwise.

It's like a tournament commentator who isn't learned about Injustice:
Commentator 1: Ooh dropped the combo

Commentator 2: I think it might have been a set up

*both players are full screen*

Me: *facepalm*

Yeah exactly that wasn't a set up. Didn't expect the slide to hit, and tried to read a jump from Pryce to d2 him, since I knew he wouldn't fall for parry. Obviously wasn't ready for the slide hitting. Haven't watched the whole thing yet but I could have sworn he jumps a bunch of my post slide parries, does he not?

Jesus Christ you guys think that's a set up? Sometimes I mess up. I'm flattered you think otherwise.

It's like a tournament commentator who isn't learned about Injustice:
Commentator 1: Ooh dropped the combo

Commentator 2: I think it might have been a set up

*both players are full screen*

Me: *facepalm*
youre getting catty. me likey

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
I never bothered watching all of it, I saw slide d2 slide 14% dash-in ice parry and turned it off

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf

Jesus Christ you guys think that's a set up? Sometimes I mess up. I'm flattered you think otherwise.*
People sell you as the perfect prototype for Frost players, so input errors aren't even factored in.

BaronVonRupert

"Mere child's play."
A better way to vortex?

The last thing I want to touch on here is our bread and butter: the mb.Flash Freeze restand vortex. The typical way to go about this is to end a combo in mb.freeze, j2, 2, and then go for a guaranteed 50/50 between f3 or b1.

It's great. I love this vortex, but I think we can improve it.

I was never happy with spending a meter and having a 50% chance of it going to waste. No matter how you cut it, a failed 50/50 equaled negative frames. Meaning some matches I struggle the whole time at a health deficit praying for a hit, and when that hit finally came, my only chance at a comeback was a Hail Mary 50/50, and when my opponent blocked it..... ;_;

But that's not our only option. We do have an ambiguous cross-up 50/50, that when blocked means we still have options. Hope is not lost.

There are two different ways to go about this. The prototype and the final form.

The prototype:
mb.freeze, jump back, forward air dash into j1/2/3

Depending on how the forward dash is timed, this equaled an ambiguous 50/50 into plus frames on block. And there are options off of this... but I never felt this was very good. This 50/50 always felt gimmicky, and the options when blocked always felt limp-wristed and finicky.

The final form:
mb.freeze, instant air dash forward, j1/2/3

It's so beautiful. When performed properly (there's a lot of variance depending on how you perform you instant air dash) the forward air dash leaves you standing at the perfect location to set-up an inescapable cross-up situation that is imperceptibly ambiguous.

Depending on what attack your using, j1, j2 or j3, and depending on when you use it, you can control where it hits. I wish I had this recorded to show you guys.

If the opponent guesses right, the j1/j2 options jail your opponent on block into one of her plus frame strings (f113 or 111~tc~dash forward = +4 frames) or a hitconfirmable 3 (which means +15 frame on block: e.g. another 50/50 between slide or f3... or a full combo on hit).

Long story short, with a little bit of execution, we can eliminate the one downside to the vortex: now instead of "guess wrong? lose momentum" we can "guess wrong? frame trap/mix-up."
this whole part makes no sense to me. the only way to make this inescapable and have the ability to hit both sides that I've found is to use j3. j2 doesn't hit or it crosses up. the j1 crosses up and i've never had either of them hit in front. i've tried uf/bxxairdash too but that doesn't seem too good.
I've tried different timings on the airdash and buttons but no luck with these setups for me. would really appreciate a video showing that every option can hit either side and cannot be dashed out of or an explanation as to what I'm missing here.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
this whole part makes no sense to me. the only way to make this inescapable and have the ability to hit both sides that I've found is to use j3. j2 doesn't hit or it crosses up. the j1 crosses up and i've never had either of them hit in front. i've tried uf/bxxairdash too but that doesn't seem too good.
I've tried different timings on the airdash and buttons but no luck with these setups for me. would really appreciate a video showing that every option can hit either side and cannot be dashed out of or an explanation as to what I'm missing here.
I just uploaded a video demonstration. It's added to the bottom of the OP.

Video of the mb.freeze, iadf, j.1/j.2 cross-up is now available!!!

@xKhaoTik
@RiBBz22
@teh_kingdunch
@Rickyraws
@Vak Phoenix
@Cabronium
@Madog32
@astronout
@Pan1cMode
@ApocaLips
@RunwayMafia
@Queen
@AK cyusstrike

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
@Rickyraws
On the Belial thing: yeah, conceptually, and based on his videos and posts, he had a very mature understanding of Frost at such an early stage of Injustice's life. I had to drop the game between May 2013 - October 2013 because of life, so joining the forums after missing out on a whole 6 months of Injustice was kind of jarring. Frost wasn't the character I remembered her being, and I read a lot of deluded ideas about Frost, imo: upplaying and downplaying, but no intelligent moderate. Belial's posts though seemed right on the money to me though, and as I started to rediscover post-patch Frost for myself it sort of confirmed his perspective.

*I bow my head to the gospel of Frost as told by the lost prophet Belial*

@AK cyusstrike
Dude, watching you on stream at Final Round was awesome because the whole time you were playing I was literally saying, "that's it! this guy gets it!" as the commentators were saying your play style is "very unorthodox." Your playstyle's rare, but I wouldn't say unorthodox in the slightest, in many ways it's sort of the blueprint for how to play her.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
lately ive been using 2,2 or 2,2,slide max distance kind of like Subzero 2,2 or 2.24 because of range and how the 2nd hit might catch a advancing opponent so far ive been establishing a better game with Frost spacing and making ppl respect my spacingeven more out side of slide and f3.
Try this option select out for stopping advancement:

2~slide, d1

You want to whiff the 2~slide, while mashing/timing d1 so it comes out as soon as 2 recovers. If the opponent dashes into 2 it activates slide, and if they dash and 2 whiffs, d1 will almost certainly hit. It basically does the same thing 22 does, but 22 is negative 10 on block and very negative on whiff. If you want you can also do 2~slide, d1~slide instead --- or you can use the hitstun off of d1 for frame traps/mix-ups --- or, if d1 is somehow blocked when the opponent advances you can use the +2 frames.

The one big advantage to what your doing, and why I still use it, is the reach and priority on the second hit of 22 is really nice.

Awesome post btw.

Obs_SmSwag

"I have good taste because I like what I like"
When Frost players stop doing Slide-D2-Slide, maybe I can take them seriously once again.
dude,you used to do that to me aswell.im not even joking
I have no idea what you're talking about. Perhaps if you stop hiding we can play sometime

Slide d2 slide?LOL
45 seconds in. Can't be asked to search for anymore

*watches video* ......

I have no idea what you're talking about. Slide d2 slide?LOL

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
I'm sorry guys but I have to come clean. I'm tired of living this way, and I'm done with all the drama. This is very emotional for me because I promised my dying relative that I wouldn't reveal this hidden tech that the government doesn't want you to see. It's true, the words of our kind fellow TYM members: it is impossible for me to drop combos, make a bad read, or play poorly. Whenever you see it happen, it's actually a set up I use. I didn't want them to get banned but I'm coming clean and revealing them to you. I've been denying claims of my immaculate perfection, but I was caught in a lie, and so I'm going to show you all the truth
It's the Scorpion scare all over again with these set ups...

*phew* I feel a burden lifted off my shoulders. I actually broke a sweat typing this. You know, outside my usual regimen...

Last edited:

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
How do you legitimately do instant air dashes, I played marvel so know what tiger-kneeing inputs are but in Injustice is an instant air dash just up-forward forward or up-back backward really quickly?

@Ne'er-do-well

Thanks I appreciate that means alot Ive been developing my KF for a long time now and never downplay. Uphill battles I try damn hardest to learn before I bend to another character i.e me playing Sub in mk9 I am a top Sub player. Ivplayed him since 1990 mk1 days till now developing a style that was not unorthodox but defense and oppertunity I play multiple fighters at pretty high level so fundamentals from one game carry to the next case in point in tekken attk ranges are known as zones 1-5 most jabs hit range 0-1 so that would be your dance range and back dash cancel into range 2 to force whiffs range 2 is most ppls max poke range now carry that over to Injustice KF can successfully score hits from range 0-max range 1 (st.2 ,22, b1 and f3) range 2 KF (22 and b1 catch advancing opponents outside of using slide range 3-4 Slide or dash in options as well as successful dagger and meter build safely all these I take in count when playing it helps you understand what options you should utilize in certain areas and creates spacing habits which allows me to set up those baits and oppertunitys this is just my opinon and how I was train to learn fighters find the points to minimize mistakes and optimize oppertunity.Get what you can or take what the opponent gives you.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I dunno how many times I have to say KF needs to be played defensively...this should not be some new and amazing revelation. Almost all Frost players have put this out there already. People that don't have this level of understanding are probably just getting all of their terribly biased misconceptions about the character from Myles while disregarding all other discussion.