What's new

Frost Tournament Variation 3 discussion: ARCTIC ANARCHY

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
Arcic Anarchy Frost has untechable throw resets if you time it right. Amplified Core Overload does not go away if your opponent does a throw escape. Combine this with low mix-ups and front/back throw KB's to dissuade your opponent from ever coming anywhere near you :D

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Depends on MU but I can see overload AMP being used in zoning. If they get in (and don't have great mixups) they have to respect the freeze. Worst case they don't get in ans you lose 3% which isn't a huge deal especially since the reward is quite high (combo or they have to interrupt their pressure)

Jonovah

Noob
Since the auger kb seems like it would be rare to pull off the fly, I came up with this. Seems this is the most optimal If the opponent presses any button other than rolls, block, or a delayed wake up. I'm no pro, so I'd like to know you're guys opinion about this

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
Since the auger kb seems like it would be rare to pull off the fly, I came up with this. Seems this is the most optimal If the opponent presses any button other than rolls, block, or a delayed wake up. I'm no pro, so I'd like to know you're guys opinion about this
Nice tech!

Wigy

There it is...
If I recall they wanted this to be her zoning variation? I might be wrong but if that was the case, removing her shield makes no sense.

She lost her big damage from v1 and instead we get Core Overload, which I fail to see it's use. It beefs up her damage when she sweeps, does 223 or 224 and grab....ok cool but not significant in my opinion.

The dive kick is a gimmick. I tried to use it in conjunction with the bomb early on and it still doesnt really do much IMO. Sure it's fun but once you get blocked, you're done.

Im still keeping an open mind but for now ill stick with the much better V1
It's safe on block and starts up in 4 frames. What.

It does plenty for her imo. You can do empty hops and if you see them projectile input the divekick and you instantly go into the slide and low profile a lot of them.

Otherwise jumping back in neutral and divekicking to blow up moving in

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
No armored interactable setups for Frost. DD3-amp disabled interactable armor. NRS must have watched my Cyrax footage and thought NO. lol.

Last edited:

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Upon playing more of this variation, I gotta admit, it's pretty damn fun and most of my initial gripes are gone.
I do wish there was a better way to extend combos because the DD3(amp) is really hard/inconsistent as a combo extender.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
I'm beginning to think this is the best of her 3 variations overall (Maybe IM for a select few matchups for counter zoning?). Has one of the best neutrals in the game, hands down. In a game that is heavily focused and centered on the neutral, that's really meaningful.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
It's like poetry on the screen I swear.
So basically you need to have an interactable there right? Because you can't just grab them. And it needs to be one that doesnt have the slow mo animation
Yes as long as the interactable doesnt have a cinematic or has a long startup you can make this happen. The tricky part is though that some interactables like the car on desert command can be timed to freeze an opponent in a standing animation but will be airborne when you hit them out of freeze.

So with core overload staying on throw breaks, that makes her throw kbs and strike mix pretty crazy. At the worst you are getting a free throw if they decide not to play the game.

If they get hit by strike mix you can time your knockdowns to give you a free strike or throw mix that freezes which can loop back into itself.

If they take the kb, well they took a kb.

But wait there's more. You can still save the lb if you want to annoy them. And if you get a freeze combo you can use your kb throw there for some round finishing.

Her dive is actually pretty good at giving your already good jump kick a real presence. Also being able to neutral or back jump and fish for counters is nice since the dive is pretty fast.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
I would just remember, you're spending a bar of meter as a gamble to get that core overload freeze off in the first place. Thankfully her v3 gameplan overall doesn't have to rely too much on it, but if you're able to accept the risk it can be really strong.

I personally haven't been able to get much mileage at all off of the mb core overload, granted I haven't been playing her as much since Terminator came out, but my experimentation with that character is pretty much done. Frost is bae.

The only thing I'd wish is that it doesn't go away on her forward throw since the animation actually has her blasting the core at the opoonent. The slight buff to the forward throw due to core usage would have been cool and played into the mindgame meta.

Wigy

There it is...
Corner:

Bnb- MB auger IA dolphin dive. Crossup jk
Most characters u3/2 will whiff. D2s whiff. It's absolutely horrible for the opponent. And jk leads to full combo.

Midscreen dolphin dive will give great b2 Oki after MB auger.

It's leads to fairly quickstand so they have to wakeup immediately after getting hit by it. Basically seems like the best Oki ender if you're planning to stay up close and try fuck them up with brute Force.

Just go try it in the corner you'll see how janky it is.

Last edited: