What's new

Tech Fromundaman and Friends Present: Joker Interactible Combos/Setups

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I actually don't think Joker does bad in the Doomsday matchup at all, and I put it around a 5-5. You can just hold back and mash parry whenever you block a shoulder in anticipation of d1 ES, and it'll option select to either block or parry depending on if it comes out or not. Once this is respected, you have to read whether the DD player will delay or switch the d3 or something, which opens up the jump game. Parrying shoulders is also pretty easy as well, and VERY gratifying lol. Air grab can give Joker problems though.
I actually agree with you that this MU is not as bad as one may think for Joker. Air grab is a huge problem, but Joker can lame Doomy out out with parry, gun, teeth, push block setups, etc.

However, if Doomsday has a decent life lead on Joker, Doomturtle can be very effective against joker.

I won't put a MU number on it, but I will just say that Doomy doesn't run over him free like many think. It would not surprise me at all if this was an even MU.

Anyways, there are other threads for this MU talk. I won't derail it anymore. Great vids. Keep exploring this character guys.
Option select parry doesn't work in this matchup, since it's a command parry, you have to just frame your parry because ex venom is +6 and d1 is 7f.

Joker loses this matchup due to doomsday's oki, trait, d1, superior footsies, body splash and no way to keep him out. Gunshot is not a keepaway tool, it's use is to disrupt zoning, especially effective vs airborne zoning. Me and @Metzos have been grinding out this matchup since day 1, it's 6-4 DD.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
It's very possible. Me saying it's 5-5 is just based on my experience with it. Alot of DD players use venom charge incorrectly and it increases the window for the parry. But you're right, the parry doesn't do much there. I think we destroy him on wakeup though, which helps a lot. As with any of the rushdown characters, teeth usage is very important and you need to use them to try and prevent him from simply charging his way in for threat of pushblock. I think if played properly we can fight him off pretty evenly, and this is an example of what we've talked about before where if you consider DD a 6-4, I simply cannot justify putting Aquaman at a 6-4 as well, which you do. So I'll stick with my current opinion until I fight someone that proves otherwise to me, and we'll agree to disagree :).

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Yeah... even Zeus Bolts look godlike compared to Laughing Gas.... They could have at least made it overhead...

OnlineRon91

Joker++
LG has more "potential" damage with the meter burn version but aint no one gonna fall for that, like not even as a day one tactic.

And jumps are too fast in this game for this to be remotely useful as an anti air lol

Fromundaman

I write too much.
LG has more "potential" damage with the meter burn version but aint no one gonna fall for that, like not even as a day one tactic.

And jumps are too fast in this game for this to be remotely useful as an anti air lol
How so? It sends opponents too far to combo anywhere but the corner (And why the hell would you do this in the corner except for a few troll-y combos with it) and doesn't hit overhead even when MBed.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Actually, if you do a preemptive HLG on a good read, or the windup makes them flinch and jump forward (happens more often than you'd think), you can MB it into ji3, ji2, 32 xx flower for 45%. Pretty solid chunk of damage. Sometimes you can catch people falling for stuff like this off of block strings too, but it's crazy unsafe and not worth it lol. In some matchups, LG is a decent zoning tool, but in most they can punish it on reaction before the move even comes out lol... At least it's good for chipping people out sometimes :rolleyes:.