What's new

Tech Fromundaman and Friends Present: Joker Interactible Combos/Setups

KonDcnT

KonDcnT
Trait *can* be a factor, just not universally. Good for stopping certain character's momentum and on good reads. That said, it's definitely bad, sporting horrible active frames and a useless jump/walk speed boost.
In the beginning his trait was described as to giving him a speed boost as well as making certain moves invincible. What the hell happened to that?

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Last edited:

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Yeah that's not a part of the ingame description at all and no one has found anything like that, AND you'll basically never get 3 HAs lol. So I wouldn't worry about that.

StevoSuprem0

Batgirl, Deathstroke and Cyborg would like to contest that.
I'd say there all pretty evenly shitty. Batgirls has SOME decent purpose at least, chipping people out and such. Joker, Cyborg, Deathstroke = bottom 3 traits though, for sure.

KonDcnT

KonDcnT
That says unblockable, not invincible, but regardless I wouldn't put too much stock into it. I mean these were speculations before the game came out :p

EDIT: Just went into training to test just in case, but yeah nothing becomes unblockable.
Good correction on the unblockable. I am off today. Joker's can stuff some specials, which is good online when people spam the same move. Really would like someone from NRS to demonstrate how to it is intended to be used, as far as what advantages HA'S have. i

StevoSuprem0

It's just a poorly designed by. They gave him really good jumping attack, so they figured making his jump animation would make those strong moves super fast and let him spam them like crazy, and it does, but only at 2-3 HA's, which are pretty difficult to get, especially at a high level of play with such poor active frames.

StevoSuprem0

Part 2 is complete:
Want to give a shoutout to @DoctrineDark (who we forgot to tag earlier) for coming up with most of the Dumpster combo I showed on Gotham Street; I just tweaked the ending a little.
Some are more useful than others, as before, but I just wanted to show what's possible with most interactable types.
@Fromundaman can you add this to the OP?
@Qwark28
@Notez4
@Gilbagz
@OnlineRon91
@The_PantyChrist you better hit @GGA 16 Bit with that 4th one... :p
@KonDcnT
@Amplified$hotz
@ThaShiveGeek
@Dr Jackal
@sm0kn b0wls

KonDcnT

KonDcnT
Part 2 is complete:
Want to give a shoutout to @DoctrineDark (who we forgot to tag earlier) for coming up with most of the Dumpster combo I showed on Gotham Street; I just tweaked the ending a little.
Some are more useful than others, as before, but I just wanted to show what's possible with most interactable types.
@Fromundaman can you add this to the OP?
@Qwark28
@Notez4
@Gilbagz
@OnlineRon91
@The_PantyChrist you better hit @GGA 16 Bit with that 4th one... :p
@KonDcnT
@Amplified$hotz
@ThaShiveGeek
@Dr Jackal
@sm0kn b0wls
Good stuff.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
@EMP Dark

Good stuff Fromundaman! I saw your Joker for the first time at GGA. Nice try :)
Haha thanks. You were the Aquaman going by TomBrady'sMom right?

To be honest, I hope to make a better showing next time I come out, but I was severely outplayed by a lot of you guys.
I came back with a lot of stuff to work on though, so I'm happy. It might not be today, it might not be tomorrow, but I will get good at this game :D

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Haha thanks. You were the Aquaman going by TomBrady'sMom right?

To be honest, I hope to make a better showing next time I come out, but I was severely outplayed by a lot of you guys.
I came back with a lot of stuff to work on though, so I'm happy. It might not be today, it might not be tomorrow, but I will get good at this game :D
Nope, I was watching the stream. Never give up! The music in the first video is bad ass by the way :cool:

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Nope, I was watching the stream. Never give up!
Ah... To be perfectly fair, that was probably my worst match since I had to use someone else's stick (My converter didn't work for some reason). I missed so many punishes to dropped inputs XD
/excuses

StevoSuprem0

Nope, I was watching the stream. Never give up! The music in the first video is bad ass by the way :cool:
It's Showtime by Eminem ft. Dr. Dre. Instrumentals only. I accidentally downloaded it when I was looking for the regular version a while ago, figured it fit well here so I threw it in. I'm having fun messing with my new video editing software :).

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
Joker can one button parry Doomsdays shoulder. That alone makes it not a useless trait.

These videos are cool guys. Nicely done.

I have always been a believer in this character that there is more there than we all think. Time will tell, but I do not think he is as helpless as everyone says he is. I've always had an awful pocket joker id love to break out one day, but I have not given him the time you guys have. Keep up the work guys.

Prove everyone wrong.

StevoSuprem0

Joker can one button parry Doomsdays shoulder. That alone makes it not a useless trait.

These videos are cool guys. Nicely done.

I have always been a believer in this character that there is more there than we all think. Time will tell, but I do not think he is as helpless as everyone says he is. I've always had an awful pocket joker id love to break out one day, but I have not given him the time you guys have. Keep up the work guys.

Prove everyone wrong.
I actually don't think Joker does bad in the Doomsday matchup at all, and I put it around a 5-5. You can just hold back and mash parry whenever you block a shoulder in anticipation of d1 ES, and it'll option select to either block or parry depending on if it comes out or not. Once this is respected, you have to read whether the DD player will delay or switch the d3 or something, which opens up the jump game. Parrying shoulders is also pretty easy as well, and VERY gratifying lol. Air grab can give Joker problems though.

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
I actually don't think Joker does bad in the Doomsday matchup at all, and I put it around a 5-5. You can just hold back and mash parry whenever you block a shoulder in anticipation of d1 ES, and it'll option select to either block or parry depending on if it comes out or not. Once this is respected, you have to read whether the DD player will delay or switch the d3 or something, which opens up the jump game. Parrying shoulders is also pretty easy as well, and VERY gratifying lol. Air grab can give Joker problems though.
I actually agree with you that this MU is not as bad as one may think for Joker. Air grab is a huge problem, but Joker can lame Doomy out out with parry, gun, teeth, push block setups, etc.

However, if Doomsday has a decent life lead on Joker, Doomturtle can be very effective against joker.

I won't put a MU number on it, but I will just say that Doomy doesn't run over him free like many think. It would not surprise me at all if this was an even MU.

Anyways, there are other threads for this MU talk. I won't derail it anymore. Great vids. Keep exploring this character guys.