What's new

Free Dimitri Vega Sub-Zero skin coming in August

kevkopdx

Noob
Why not just give him a cameo in story mode or background character? Wtf is this? Wtf is NRS doing? Where is any info on the kombat pack? lol wow

Gaxkang

Banned
I guess ya can consider an alternate dimension Sub Zero. ;)

But if they can say on 8-19 this skin will be available, why can't they say or show any other DLC stuff?

There must be some strict NRS DLC handbook being followed... :p

Also, for all those thirsty b*tches out there (myself included).
What are the chances we'll get a big patch along with it on Aug 22nd?

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
The Dmitry skin has wrinkles the actual Dmitry doesn't have in thst comparison shot! I'd be furious with NRS.

Lokheit

Noob
As I said on the Sub-Zero main thread where this was also discussed, as the guy isn't an actor, no matter how flashy the skin is, I expect 100% cringe voice acting making the skin unplayable without puking, at least in english.

The Rhonda thing was already terrible, at least this is going to be a skin you can ignore, but it's going to be suuuuuuper cringy. At least Carl Weathers was an actor and kind of made sense with the Predator pack.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Nah 21 Sav don't need a skin for that shitty ass job he did. At least this Dimitri guy has talent and kind of looks like Sub in this game lol. I just hope they keep Sub's voice since he's a DJ not an actor, although that didn't stop NRS from using Ronda, we all know how her performance turned out.

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
Didn't he die though? Dude with the long ass punk spike right?
Wait, what?!?!?

* A quick Google search later *

Phew, the guy is alive, and hopefully well. His name is Mark Chavez and he recently played some gigs with Adema again, although the band just announced he's being replaced one more time.

Fuck, you guys scared me for a second lol

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Horrible?

Wait, what?!?!?

* A quick Google search later *

Phew, the guy is alive, and hopefully well. His name is Mark Chavez and he recently played some gigs with Adema again, although the band just announced he's being replaced one more time.

Fuck, you guys scared me for a second lol
Yeah, sorry about that the other guy corrected me. I confused them since they had a similar hairstyle lol. My fault dude. I was thinking of this guy.
You might be thinking of Static-X. I don't know how in the fuck I can tell those bands apart from memory but uhh... yeah I guess I did. (walks into traffic)
Yeah, haha I confused him with Static-X My fault.

This was the guy I confused him with Mark Sanchez

Last edited:

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I have yet to see anybody who knew who this was before NRS making him into a skin.

So idk if NRS thought there was a big overlap between his fans and the people who play this game or what?
I knew the guy. I used to listen to him music a couple of years back.

Still couldn't care less to see him, or any other public figure for that matters, as part of them game. Unless they make Baraka Obama... that's like 10 years in the making.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
As I said on the Sub-Zero main thread where this was also discussed, as the guy isn't an actor, no matter how flashy the skin is, I expect 100% cringe voice acting making the skin unplayable without puking, at least in english.

The Rhonda thing was already terrible, at least this is going to be a skin you can ignore, but it's going to be suuuuuuper cringy. At least Carl Weathers was an actor and kind of made sense with the Predator pack.
Carl Weathers skin was disgustingly good don't disrespect by saying "at least"

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
I honestly don't see the problem with this? I mean, it's a free skin and it's not like you have to put it on your Sub lol. But, the skin looks dope though especially if it's gonna be like Raiden's MKX skin. And if you don't like his face, then put a mask on him. If it has this dude's voice, however, instead of the original voice actor, then I'll be a bit iffy on it.

Lokheit

Noob
I honestly don't see the problem with this? I mean, it's a free skin and it's not like you have to put it on your Sub lol. But, the skin looks dope though especially if it's gonna be like Raiden's MKX skin. And if you don't like his face, then put a mask on him. If it has this dude's voice, however, instead of the original voice actor, then I'll be a bit iffy on it.
I'd rather they invest their time and resources on enhancing and fixing the game instead of trying to please a random DJ. Most fans outside his very specific niche are like "who?" This looks more like a gift for his remix for the trailer (a gift for the DJ, not the players).