What's new

Free Dimitri Vega Sub-Zero skin coming in August

Owerbart

I miss you
no the slightest clue who the dude is (my fault)

But at least I hope by "skin" they mean an actual skin and not a neon blue pallette swap. this guy's face already looks too generic, not anyone's fault, but if the skin isn't distinguishable its gonna be like nothing ever happened.

DeftMonk

Noob
just saw this. What the flying shit? Dimitri Vegas like Mike are extremely well known djs in the edm scene(altho not as popular as a few years ago for sure)but why?? Whats next? Some chinese gymast no one has ever heard of skin for jacqui? Just who did they imagine thinknig "HOLY SHIT IM SO HYPE FOR THIS CANT WAIT"? Other than maybe Dimitri Vegas.

Owerbart

I miss you
just saw this. What the flying shit? Dimitri Vegas like Mike are extremely well known djs in the edm scene(altho not as popular as a few years ago for sure)but why?? Whats next? Some chinese gymast no one has ever heard of skin for jacqui? Just who did they imagine thinknig "HOLY SHIT IM SO HYPE FOR THIS CANT WAIT"? Other than maybe Dimitri Vegas.
they also forgot that in general MK players are mostly 30 year old boomers that never listened electro music

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
Yeah, but it's free. Now if they gave us like Daniel Pesina Johnny Cage, John Parrish Jax, and Kerri Hoskins Sonya, I feel like the MK Kommunity would go crazy.

DeftMonk

Noob
they also forgot that in general MK players are mostly 30 year old boomers that never listened electro music
I am a DJ. I actually know this dude. In america i would assume his popularity isnt too much but in the rest of the world he has lots of big tracks for festivals. Thing is raver and MK gamer arent usually one in the same so it boggles the mind. Vanilla Ice would have even been a better choice for the lulz.

You guys are pathetic, if nrs asked any one of you if you'd want to be a skin for your favorite character you'd be peeing your pants
I would've been perfectly fine if they asked me if I wanted to make a costume for the character. not put my face and possibly my voice on them.

trufenix

bye felicia
I would've been perfectly fine if they asked me if I wanted to make a costume for the character. not put my face and possibly my voice on them.
Yeah well he's a professional dj, its probably beneficial to his career that face is gonna be in this really popular video game.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
...Ok

Friendly reminder there are a lot of people who payed $40 for DLC characters, most of which we haven't seen or gotten even a release date or schedule for, and the "exclusive kombat pack skins" its supposed to come with. Or any word on a a patch I don't think.

I am not trying to shit on NRS for giving away a free skin that I know a lot of people worked very hard on over there and I am sure this guy has fans who are happy about this but damn man, this is kind of anti-hype for me lol

Still love MK and the guys/girls over at NRS though, I know they work very hard on these games for us to enjoy just not super happy with how the communication has been so far.

Gamer68

Fujin!
No klassic actor skins (John Parrish, Kerri Hoskins, Richard Divizio, etc).

No movie actor skins (Christopher Lambert, Robin Shou, etc).

No Terry Crews skin.

Not even a Carlos Pesina Mokap skin.

On top of this, still no release date or meaningful information (moveset, gear) for Nightwolf.

But I guess we can have a DJ skin. :/