What's new

Freddy Krueger 50/50 vortex

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
Hi guys.....I went in the lab with Freddy to see if i can find somethink usefull and i realize that he has similar to Scorpions vortex. I checked around to see if this is old, but i couldn'd find it. I apologize if this is not new......i have it on video, but i didn't post it. If somebody is intersted i can post it.
Freddy have string that starts low and string that starts overhead..............if you can get JIP then is 50/50 for your oponent to guess. So if you finish your combos with ex spikes you stun your opnent for very long time. If you time your JIP he has to guess again and the same situation.
Low starter b3 close spikes dash b2 dash f421 ex spikes teleport JIP(time it right so he just come out from stun)......50/50
Low starter (easyer) b3 close spikes dash b2 dash f42 ex spikes JIP over him (time it right so he just come out from stun)..50/50

Mid starter b2 close spikes dash b2 dash f421 ex spikes teleport JIP(time it right so he just come out from stun).....50/50
Mid starter (easyer) b2 close spikes dash b2 dsah f42 ex spikes JIP over him (time it right so he just come out from stun).....50/50

You need two bars to kill your oponent if he guess two times wrong without breaker............Those rests does around 35% with JIP and the last reset you do a full combo for 45 even more if you can.

I want to know if someone have better seguestion , cause there are another options ......i tryed after ex spikes reset with b2 sweet dreams(df4) to mid or low starter string and it works(if they try to hitt you, you get hitt but they get stunted and if they block is 50/50). I didn'd tested much so i am looking for opinions.........

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Roko1985 said:
Hi guys.....I went in the lab with Freddy to see if i can find somethink usefull and i realize that he has similar to Scorpions vortex. I checked around to see if this is old, but i couldn'd find it. I apologize if this is not new......i have it on video, but i didn't post it. If somebody is intersted i can post it.
Freddy have string that starts low and string that starts overhead..............if you can get JIP then is 50/50 for your oponent to guess. So if you finish your combos with ex spikes you stun your opnent for very long time. If you time your JIP he has to guess again and the same situation.
Low starter b3 close spikes dash b2 dash f421 ex spikes teleport JIP(time it right so he just come out from stun)......50/50
Low starter (easyer) b3 close spikes dash b2 dash f42 ex spikes JIP over him (time it right so he just come out from stun)..50/50

Mid starter b2 close spikes dash b2 dash f421 ex spikes teleport JIP(time it right so he just come out from stun).....50/50
Mid starter (easyer) b2 close spikes dash b2 dsah f42 ex spikes JIP over him (time it right so he just come out from stun).....50/50

You need two bars to kill your oponent if he guess two times wrong without breaker............Those rests does around 35% with JIP and the last reset you do a full combo for 45 even more if you can.

I want to know if someone have better seguestion , cause there are another options ......i tryed after ex spikes reset with b2 sweet dreams(df4) to mid or low starter string and it works(if they try to hitt you, you get hitt but they get stunted and if they block is 50/50). I didn'd tested much so i am looking for opinions.........
Good stuff, but close ground spike is really punishable since the latest patch. The move went from being -6 to -14 on block. You have to be careful.

Technically speaking, Freddy's 50/50 mix ups are the best in the game, but he cannot set them up like Scorpion or Quan Chi can.

Roko1985

Good stuff, but close ground spike is really punishable since the latest patch. The move went from being -6 to -14 on block. You have to be careful.

Technically speaking, Freddy's 50/50 mix ups are the best in the game, but he cannot set them up like Scorpion or Quan Chi can.
You are right that is punishable.......,but Freddy builds meter very fast by zoning and if you have 3 bars you can take the risk, cause you are using the bar in the end of the combo to reset....so if you start with low and he guess wrong you are using one bar in the end to another 50/50 and you still have a breaker , so you can try him again....and we have 35+45=80 percent damage without any risk...........if you want try your luck again for kill ,but you have a little bit more then one bar,so you will have a breaker after you eat 30% combo........your call One more thing......it is not nesesary to start low or mid ........you can start with save strings like f421 in to ex spikes or b12u1 into spikes in the end so it is less risk ..........and probably there are better ways .........

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
hmmm

General mind games:
1- b+3 starter (low) can juggle ofcourse from it
2- b+3,3~ teleport ( on block) for safety
3- b+3~claw (on block) safe against 90% of the cast/moves. EX claw Completely Safe
4- b+2 starter (med) can juggle from it
5- B+2,4 (on block) staggers

NMS on hit or used as combo finisher leads to Okizeme with the following:
1- Teleport change sides or escape wake up
2- Sweet dreams EX or regular set ups
3- f+4,2,1 anti wake up push
4- Change sides with f+4,2,1 set ups

Pressure and mixup/mind games that leads to Re mix up set ups on baits:
1- on hit 2,2~ regular sweet dreams
2- on block f+2,1~ regular sweet dreams (risky). or EX sweet dreams for perfect safe bait against like 70% of the cast/moves
3- on hit f+2,1~ regular sweet dreams
4- on hit b+1,2~ regular sweet dreams

qcb+2 EX (low claw toss) stagger. on hit leads to complete safe mix up follow up with either:
1- b+2 (med)
2- b+3 (low)
3- NMS Mix up attacks of either 3 (low) or 2 (med)
4- Throw (techable)

Sweet dreams okizeme after combos, corner and non corner.
1- mid screen or full distance, instead of finishng with extra claw hit(far claw), instead use a regular sweet dreams or ex sweet dreams.
this regular sweet dreams if forced them to block it can lead to a frame trap of another Far Claw x2 or far claw into another sweet dreams setup.
Enhanced setup with mind games by adding b,f+2 (glove toss) into Far Claw setup/frame trap (1 extra hit of glove toss)

2-In corner can lead to a complete sweet dreams okizeme setup. completely safe for krugur to block whether opponent will force to block or bait a wake up move (most of the cases Kruegur will punish the wake up after)

3-IN corner , if opponent block due to sweet dreams pressure, kruegur can mix up with
A- b+2 (med)
B- b+3(low)
C- f+4,2,1~ NMS setups and pressure or even anti wake up
D- EX claw (completely safe on block as well)
E- Throw (techable)

4-In corner if opponent tried to wake up move, kruegur can stuff those wake ups due to the follow up move as well as sweet dreams (works on most of the wake up games and normals)
A- EX claw
B- f+4,2,1~ set ups and combos
C- NMS sway back setups and bait. followed by 1,or 2, or 3
D- NMS sway back into close claw set up

this is Kruegur......i need to start playing him man >_> lol

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Teef, regular sweet dreams does not work well anymore. Ever since the patch the move has increased recovery frames, which allow the opponent to react and counter. EX sweet dreams is solid, though. Stuff like f+4,2 xx EX sweet dreams and f+4,2,1 xx EX sweet dreams is a legitimate strategy.

Roko1985

I demand video!
I know i promised a better video, but i really dind't have any time to make it, but you will get the point...........I didn't try deeper the b2 sweed dreams reset, but i will try to do it next week. I apologize for the bad quality of the video and my son trying to talk...............

Roko1985

Can you tell me what your opinion is?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Roko1985 said:
Can you tell me what your opinion is?
Your initial set ups do not work. For example, after f+4,2,1 xx EX spike, there is not enough time to teleport and jump forward. Your opponent can jump back or AA. The teleport has additional recovery frames ever since the patch, so this may have only worked with pre-patch Freddy.

Your last set ups do work if a jumping punch is timed correctly, but honestly unless I was losing, I would take the free damage after the EX spike.

As I said, Freddy has the best 50/50 mix ups in the game, but great set ups have not yet been found. It would definitely help in some match ups if he could force a 50/50 mix up safely and reliably.

Roko1985

Your initial set ups do not work. For example, after f+4,2,1 xx EX spike, there is not enough time to teleport and jump forward. Your opponent can jump back or AA. The teleport has additional recovery frames ever since the patch, so this may have only worked with pre-patch Freddy.

Your last set ups do work if a jumping punch is timed correctly, but honestly unless I was losing, I would take the free damage after the EX spike.

As I said, Freddy has the best 50/50 mix ups in the game, but great set ups have not yet been found. It would definitely help in some match ups if he could force a 50/50 mix up safely and reliably.
Thanks ........I appreciate it......,but what if you don't jump after f421 ex spikes and you just teleport dash b3 or b2 starter?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Roko1985 said:
Thanks ........I appreciate it......,but what if you don't jump after f421 ex spikes and you just teleport dash b3 or b2 starter?
I'll test even though I'm positive b+2 / b+3 are too slow not to be interruptable. I could be wrong, though.

Roko1985

I'll test even though I'm positive b+2 / b+3 are too slow not to be interruptable. I could be wrong, though.
I just watched a video that Check made and he did f421(in the midle of a combo) Eh spikes then JIP(no teleport...just dash jump) into something else in 1 combo. That means that is posible.

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
One really good thing you can do is end your combos with 2, 2, 1+2, sweet dreams in the corner. The opponent can only block or wakeup attack to get out but you have time to block any wakeup even Kung Lao's spin and punish accordingly. When decide to block you can go for a mix up that leads to about 30% damage from you low and overhead starter with the combo ending in 2, 2, 1+2, sweet dreams.