What's new

Forget PL's Raiden...It's all about SLIPS!!

The timing isn't strict you just need to have good reads or reactions. Remember when we played those Scorpion Vs Scorpion casuals? I was able to blow up all your Teleports with D+1~teleport and thats kinda how this is.

Go into practice and fight a character without a teleport on expert and if you try to cross up the CPU it will 8-10 try to cross you up immediately after and you can practice it.

Start with D+1, dash, 1,1~Teleport, dash, 1,1~Spear its easier than D+1 - D+4~Spear
Ive been doing d1, dash, 33~teleport, dash, 111~spear but it's easy to drop if you go for three 1's and it's very risky to do cause if you miss the d1 you leave yourself open for a full combo jip and it's already cost me a few matches. Probobly more untill it's reflexive so Ill stay out of ranked for awhile. It's still easier than what Slips does and it's full combo into vortex. Looks nice too.

I don't know the particulars behind Scorp's D+1, but I can offer some insight. The D+1 hitbox is ridiculous and can hit without physically touching the opponent. It's his best anti-air IMO. I play a defensive Scorpion so there aren't many instances when I'm getting crossed up. If you watch Check vs Chris G, Check used D+1 as an anti-cross up but he dashed in and 1,1~spear after the D+1 connected. The way Check uses it is far easier than how Slips uses it and I recommend you start there if your adding this to your game.

I believe other characters could use a low poke as an anti-cross up, but the problem will probably be their combo ability. The Spear is a faster projectile than one might think. For the sake of argument lets say Sub-Zero's D+4 could be used as an anti-cross up. He wouldnt get much damage off of it because Iceball is too slow, but it would get him out of pressure.
Check was also using a standing 11 as an anti cross up. I wonder why Chris G just didnt dash, uppercut or d1 Check's 11 pressure cause that's all he does. He just stands there taking significant chip damage.

Check was also using a standing 11 as an anti cross up. I wonder why Chris G just didnt dash, uppercut or d1 Check's 11 pressure cause that's all he does. He just stands there taking significant chip damage.

I could understand why he wouldnt use the dash, or he did try to use it, the dash got stuffed like 5 times in that match, he just respected the 111 too much thats why he didnt do anything. chrisg obviously didnt have a lot of scorpion mathcup knowledge there, since he let check wakup teleport everytime there. And I have to say checks anti air game in that match is very on point

I could understand why he wouldnt use the dash, or he did try to use it, the dash got stuffed like 5 times in that match, he just respected the 111 too much thats why he didnt do anything. chrisg obviously didnt have a lot of scorpion mathcup knowledge there, since he let check wakup teleport everytime there. And I have to say checks anti air game in that match is very on point
This anti cross up tech is gonna take a lot of practice that training mode does not offer. It's giving me trouble and costing me matches cause my reaction time just hasnt been developed yet. It will, but I think it may take awhile cause all the practice is being done in player matches. I have to modify my playstyle which can be dificult.

This anti cross up tech is gonna take a lot of practice that training mode does not offer. It's giving me trouble and costing me matches cause my reaction time just hasnt been developed yet. It will, but I think it may take awhile cause all the practice is being done in player matches. I have to modify my playstyle which can be dificult.
I have to say mine isn't perfect either, but I have it under control to a decent level I think. How I learned it was, that I first practiced with just focusing on preventing from getting crossed up by using d1's. the follow up combo can wait till you mastered your d1 timing. I learned it when I was still maining smoke and aa d1 smoke bomb was a move I had to master, scorpions should be easier as his d1 is better for crossup anti airing because it has a better hitbox I think.

I have to say mine isn't perfect either, but I have it under control to a decent level I think. How I learned it was, that I first practiced with just focusing on preventing from getting crossed up by using d1's. the follow up combo can wait till you mastered your d1 timing. I learned it when I was still maining smoke and aa d1 smoke bomb was a move I had to master, scorpions should be easier as his d1 is better for crossup anti airing because it has a better hitbox I think.
Makes sense. If you get used to doing anti cross ups then the combo will follow reflexively.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Good luck doing it online.

Good luck doing it online.
It can be done cause Ive done it before but I think my head exploded when I followed it up with dash, 33~ teleport, dash, 111~spear into vortex. Ive done a lot of anti cross ups with d1 but it's kinda hard to do a combo if you dont know when or if you're gonna hit the target.

You can tell that to yourself all you want, but when PL picked Kung Lao all I saw was pure ass rape by Slips. lol
Uhmm if you listened to whatthey said at frosty fausting and k7's podcast this week, they said his lao was just as good as his raiden, one match doesnt say anything....

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
Uhmm if you listened to whatthey said at frosty fausting and k7's podcast this week, they said his lao was just as good as his raiden, one match doesnt say anything....
Yeah, I heard it. And obviously Slips would've said that, man.

Anyways, I know one match doesn't count, but it was better than any of Slip's matches against Raiden. At least he won, right? lol

Yeah, I heard it. And obviously Slips would've said that, man.

Anyways, I know one match doesn't count, but it was better than any of Slip's matches against Raiden. At least he won, right? lol
yeahh I know what you mean man, but that other guy was saying it like some random guy chose raiden and beat slips

yeahh I know what you mean man, but that other guy was saying it like some random guy chose raiden and beat slips
I noticed that a lot of people have been counter picking with Raiden as if he's somehow Scorpion's kryptonite. That's silly. Yes I know they're under the illusion that they're counter picking cause they wait for me to select a fighter and then choose Raiden. Im thinking to myself, "it wont make any difference." If you want to counter pick, you're better off with Reptile cause lag helps him. Counter picking seems like scrubbish thing to do anyways.

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
Yeah, no way Raiden is Scorpion's Kryptonite lol. Slips himself said that he wasn't ready for PerfectLegend's Raiden. I'm pretty sure if it was some random average Raiden player, Slips would've raped him.