What's new

Breakthrough For those having trouble with MB inputs

This also applies to all characters, but Raven is one whose EX singularity requires a weird input time.

For ANY special with ANY character however, simply Pressing MB+ special, or you can input the special then quickly press and HOLD R2 until the MB animation appears.

Mashing R2 doesn't work all the time, timing can be tricky for some specials like Raven's MB DB2.

So, input the special and press and hold MB and it will come out as long as you don't let go before MB animation appears.
This should make naked Singularities much easier to MB <3

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
Not sure if this is already known, or if only a few people know, but when u cancel a string, pretty much everyone knows you can cancel it with FF+MB or BB+MB, but apparently can also do DB+MB for b3, or DF+MB for F3. It makes it easier, at least to me. Again, not sure if this was know or not. #TheMoreYouKnow

Komatose

The Prettiest
Not sure if this is already known, or if only a few people know, but when u cancel a string, pretty much everyone knows you can cancel it with FF+MB or BB+MB, but apparently can also do DB+MB for b3, or DF+MB for F3. It makes it easier, at least to me. Again, not sure if this was know or not. #TheMoreYouKnow
Yeah I found that out with Sinestro on accident. It's quite helpful and a hell of a lot easier.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
I didn't even know people were having problems with this. I just press it once and it comes out fine.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
This also applies to all characters, but Raven is one whose EX singularity requires a weird input time.

For ANY special with ANY character however, simply Pressing MB+ special, or you can input the special then quickly press and HOLD R2 until the MB animation appears.

Mashing R2 doesn't work all the time, timing can be tricky for some specials like Raven's MB DB2.

So, input the special and press and hold MB and it will come out as long as you don't let go before MB animation appears.
This should make naked Singularities much easier to MB <3
yep good stuff

same thing goes for lantern

that's good to know because i've been accidentally bound canceling and wasting 2 bars (catwoman never needs to use it) from time to time when i try some tricky stuff. Do you know if this is specific to one control scheme or the other?
I didn't even know people were having problems with this. I just press it once and it comes out fine.
me too, but i just found the timing on it. Most characters have extremely forgiving mb windows and it might actually be strategic to delay, but i can also see the uses for Mr. Mileena 's observation/tech. Might have to play around with it on different moves to see where it would be beneficial to just hold it and when it would be better to time a delayed MB.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
that's good to know because i've been accidentally bound canceling and wasting 2 bars (catwoman never needs to use it) from time to time when i try some tricky stuff. Do you know if this is specific to one control scheme or the other?.
Not sure, haven't tested it out. I use standard MK controls.

i dont get it. just put in df2 and its enough to press MB once at some point of the animation, even when the opponent is already caught. you have ages just to press one button. i play with negative edge off, maybe thats why its easier for me?

i dont get it. just put in df2 and its enough to press MB once at some point of the animation, even when the opponent is already caught. you have ages just to press one button. i play with negative edge off, maybe thats why its easier for me?
I do, and still, sometimes it doesn't come out.
This is a frustrating issue with Raven but by holding down I have yet to miss one, even on last second reaction to a successful special attack hit.

I do, and still, sometimes it doesn't come out.
This is a frustrating issue with Raven but by holding down I have yet to miss one, even on last second reaction to a successful special attack hit.
what do you mean, last second reaction? you have ages of time to do it. you must be getting something generally wrong here.

what do you mean, last second reaction? you have ages of time to do it. you must be getting something generally wrong here.
Last min reaction to a special attack thatI thought wasn't going to hit, like on wake up for something.
It's not just me, a lot of us are having issues.

It's good to know you aren't;however, I'm glad I was able to help out other people as well.
Now there's various methods of inputting MB

Last min reaction to a special attack thatI thought wasn't going to hit, like on wake up for something.
It's not just me, a lot of us are having issues.

It's good to know you aren't;however, I'm glad I was able to help out other people as well.
Now there's various methods of inputting MB
just trying to help out man... but i still dont get it. maybe its also cause im on stick and have instant button responses, not some RT delay.

sorry for the stupid question, but you DO realize that meter burn works different from mk, right? that you dont input MB same time as the last button of the special but after the move got active?

just trying to help out man... but i still dont get it. maybe its also cause im on stick and have instant button responses, not some RT delay.

sorry for the stupid question, but you DO realize that meter burn works different from mk, right? that you dont input MB same time as the last button of the special but after the move got active?
Yeah i do, but still, it wouldnt come out half the time. this method is much easier for me and have yet to drop one.

Sometimes i mash it.sometimes I press it.sometimes i hold it down. But I do every once in a while get disappointed when it doesn't come out when I expect them to bounce back up.lol

Sami

Noob
Stupid question of the day: I'm assuming that it's 100% impossible to MB Raven's grabs if the move gets blocked? Don't to end up wasting a bar of meter and putting myself keep into negative frames by immediately holding the MB button after the move input.