What's new

Strategy Footsies?

Interesting article. My question to you guys is how come nobody is using the feints in MK9? I don't see anybody dancing in and out of their opponents max range whiffing normals to counter attack.

Interesting article. My question to you guys is how come nobody is using the feints in MK9? I don't see anybody dancing in and out of their opponents max range whiffing normals to counter attack.
Recovery time in MK9 is much longer than in SF4. You are liable to actually get punished (or be in a disadvantageous position) by doing this a lot. Unless you plan on following it up with some armor, I'm not sure how useful it could be in MK9.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I dont know honestly. I use d3 and s1 with cage to setup back dash b3 occassionally, but that is it. I think it might be because mks normals are slower and have longer durations than street fighters, making it easier to counter act.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Recovery time in MK9 is much longer than in SF4. You are liable to actually get punished (or be in a disadvantageous position) by doing this a lot. Unless you plan on following it up with some armor, I'm not sure how useful it could be in MK9.
The only possible characters that could use this are the ones with fast, short duration jabs, like cage, sonya etc. Some characters could use d3, but it should be used sparingly.

The only possible characters that could use this are the ones with fast, short duration jabs, like cage, sonya etc. Some characters could use d3, but it should be used sparingly.
That's where the mindgames come in to play. d3 wouldn't be my first choice of abusing them with, but I suppose that's part of the beauty of it since you can potentially use anything so long as you are getting the conditioning you want.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
That's where the mindgames come in to play. d3 wouldn't be my first choice of abusing them with, but I suppose that's part of the beauty of it since you can potentially use anything so long as you are getting the conditioning you want.
Well at like sweep range I can throw out a d3 and if they are walking back and want to wiff punish on reaction, they will be late and I get a dash back b3 into full combo. Then I start mind games where I d3, they respect the stepback, but I instead fwd 3 and start pressure. It really depends on your opponent.