What's new

Footsie characters

Z3NS3I

Noob
I'm having trouble finding a character to main. Who are the characters that are all about the footsies? I'm a Chun-li main so i prefer characters that are well-rounded and are all about controlling the neutral. Is there a character in this game who's playstyle is similar to Chun-li's?

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
I'm having trouble finding a character to main. Who are the characters that are all about the footsies? I'm a Chun-li main so i prefer characters that are well-rounded and are all about controlling the neutral. Is there a character in this game who's playstyle is similar to Chun-li's?
I couldn't think of anyone better than Aquaman. Even has the Lightning Kick.

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
If you don't mind Execution, Poison Ivy has a great footsie tool and long range options like Chun-Li.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Darkseid:DOGE(not really don't play him for footsies, in case the doge didn't make it obvious, don't do it man)

Aquaman, Robin, Superman, and Ivy are your best choices for pure footsies imo.

Sulfur

Winning feels better when you take a little damage
Aquaman is probably who you're looking for.

Why haven't I seen GL mentioned? Is he not considered a footsie character or do those other characters just do it better?
Green lantern has some horrible matchups against the high tiers, imo he's not worth maining.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Supergirl, GL, Atrocitus, Aquaman, Supergirl, Robin, Scarecrow, Black Adam, Wonder Woman

Sulfur

What are his worst match ups? He's not terrible or anything.
He's not terrible, he beats pretty much every character that can't fight the early top 3 (Supergirl, Adam, Deadshot)

But he also gets his ass kicked by Supergirl, Adam, and Deadshot. At least imo.

Zurr Tusko

Twitter: ZurrTusko
He's not terrible, he beats pretty much every character that can't fight the early top 3 (Supergirl, Adam, Deadshot)

But he also gets his ass kicked by Supergirl, Adam, and Deadshot. At least imo.
What makes the Supergirl matchup so hard? Is it her trait? That seems to be about it for me when I try to rationalize it.

Sulfur

What makes the Supergirl matchup so hard? Is it her trait? That seems to be about it for me when I try to rationalize it.
She gives all zoners a hard time and has a straight up better up close game.

And yeah, her trait is a big deal.

Z3NS3I

Noob
Supergirl and Poison Ivy seem interesting so far.

I like how Supergirl has various tools to deal with many situations and how you can easily switch between playing offensively and defensively with her, which imo is very Chun-ish. She's pretty effective at any range.

I haven't played enough Poison Ivy, but i'm liking her a lot so far. I really don't mind the level of execution required to play her since I've played execution-heavy characters in other fighting games. Ivy's footsie game is great, her walkspeed is fast like Chun-li's, has some great normals and does seem like a pretty well-rounded character, but it seems like she doesn't have any good wake-up tools. However, I do think Ivy fits my playstyle the most and really resembles the way Chun is played in SF.

I've been watching some tournament and ranked matches of Aquaman, and so far i'm not really digging the way you have to play him. I'm still planning on trying him out though just to see how good his normals are.

Last edited: