What's new

Fools, Zod is a well-balanced character.

Is Zod well-balanced?

• Total voters

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
I don't have the time to read all 19 (I read through page 9) of these pages but let me say this...

When I hear people complain about Zods bad MU I kind of want to slap them. If Grundy or NW had half of the tools he had I would be rejoicing out of my skin (Think spinal's laugh)!

The fact that certain MU like Martian or Aquaman take you out of your element by no means make it a bad MU...it makes it even. I suppose when your used to beating people 30-0 though it makes it seem bad when you lose a set badly. This goes for anyone and is not a shot at pig in any way (he is my brother)

Pig has always said that his MU numbers are ever changing but to claim that Zod is well balanced is crazy and heavily downplaying. The top 10 characters may be balanced against each other...the rest of the game is randomness.

Also I don't believe this game is balanced in the least. Never have and never will.

I have heard pig say that the ZOD NW MU is 7-3 than after playing me say the matchup is 6-4. The Interactable control of Zods game is the biggest reason why he is broken. This is largest indicator of whether or not he is broken or balanced. On a stage without interactables he may very well be balanced...on a stage with interactables he is likely broken. Some stages offer him 100% damage with 4-5 interactables available to him. Some characters can't do shit about this. Same goes for MMH.

QFT..

Lets not let this post get lost in the sea of other useless posts in here.. This shit is real.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
According to KTP this also means you're never going to win an Injustice major since only Hispanics, blacks, Asians, and "some kind of brown" win Injustice majors. God damn I'm going to miss KTP :(
But Jupiter is my twin and won cw

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Yes, but in a balanced game there's a way past it.
The normal flow is zoner throws fireballs, non-zoner blocks them and walks forward in between. Zoner tries to vary timings to make this harder, non-zoner gets heavy advantage if he makes it in.
Against Zod once you start getting close he can push you back to full-screen for free. If he had to hit you with a combo to put you back at full screen, well ok, that's one thing. But to be able to push you full screen when you block is just stupid.
He has no invincible wakeups... How much more reward can you possibly get in this game for getting in on a character?

Also:

Not to be able to play online. Well eriken said he will give me a 1 month account so that will be great once I do that then give me 3 days to get use to the lag then we will get this match under way
A one month gold account is free...
You can actually do this yourself.

I don't have the time to read all 19 (I read through page 9) of these pages but let me say this...
You really should read pages 13-16. I laughed the entire way, especially on page 16.

He has no invincible wakeups... How much more reward can you possibly get in this game for getting in on a character?

Also:

A one month gold account is free...
You can actually do this yourself.

You really should read pages 13-16. I laughed the entire way, especially on page 16.
;)

Icy Black Deep

Still training...
Getting in on a powerful zoner with a trait like Zod's should be a %&@$ PowerBall payout.
He can guess or just block on wakeup, just like I have to.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Getting in on a powerful zoner with a trait like Zod's should be a %&@$ PowerBall payout.
He can guess or just block on wakeup, just like I have to.
How much worse can it possibly get? This already means that meaty command grabs are literally inescapable.
It means you can't contest a 50/50 on wakeup.
It means you can't fight a meaty low attack (Since 1st frame off of the ground forces you to stand).

Not having an invincible-on-startup wakeup is literally the worst thing you can have in this game, and as time goes on we're going to see people take more and more advantage of that.

Icy Black Deep

Still training...
Not having an invincible-on-startup wakeup is literally the worst thing you can have in this game.
Well shit, someone find me a list of invincible wakeups. I knew I was bad at picking mains and alts, but it turns out I'm more terrible than I thought.

Also, this game has tech rolls and backdash.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Well shit, someone find me a list of invincible wakeups. I knew I was bad at picking mains and alts, but it turns out I'm more terrible than I thought.

Also, this game has tech rolls and backdash.
You can't backdash on frame 1 of getting up and hard knockdown setups prevent tech rolling. Some characters will in fact sacrifice a bit of damage to get a hard knockdown setup at the end of a combo (I know I do. Literally everything ends in MB Crowbar).

Also, I suggest everyone bookmark this thread:

http://testyourmight.com/threads/wakeups-and-you.40475/#post-1245749