What's new

Flying In Formation - Flight Cancel Set-ups

Dr4che

i will fix the bug ;)
I would think you want to go for max damage, meaning 33 df1. Was just curious if there was a reason I shouldn't be doing that.

Also, since you got 400+ damage on that jump in wall combo I commented on, I encourage you to try this (I know, 'm repeating myself).

After putting them in the corner with a similar set up, jump over, reverse fly cancel, hit down, then hit 2 right after. Keeps your opponent sandwiched in the corner for that op wall combo. (or crosses up if you hit d+2) this has done me a lot of good.
i do that also ojjjh and be aware that combo does ususlly 340 dmg or so dont forget darkseid shitty def

Ending a combo with df1 or bf2 sets up this fc thing in the videos.

So I set out to show some tech I've been using, the difference between Dand2 or Dthen2, only to learn it doesn't work as I thought. Still, I feel like this is useful to know. Both for fighting as, or fighting versus, Blue Beetle. Long story short, the first 2 vids have to be blocked by holding right (even though you land on the right during the 2nd video) and the last video has to be blocked left. You can see superman's inputs.

d, delay, 2. As long as they are high in the air, you will blow them up for walking out of the corner.
(if gravity scaling is to high, and the opponent to low, it may interfere)

this the d+2. The difference is you land on the right..... so they have to block right for the falling 2. Weird

By using fc 3 you can hit left or right at will. And a df1mb will then put them back in the corner for more pressure, though they won't bounce high enough for optimal dmg.

What can they do to stop this? Well, some characters have vertical wake up attacks like super girl/bane..... While these hit Blue, Beetle can usually bait them with his FC, jump back, and shoot their wake up from the air... or they just can block it/tech roll. Otherwise, this reverses most wake ups into the corner (even getting around some backwards uppercuts) letting your drop down and do another corner combo trick, maybe ending in another bf2/df1 to repeat the set up.

Last edited:
I've also started doing this option select on jump in.

ji2 b1 bf3 (bf2 during the shield slam)

If you accidentally cross yourself up and, land on the wrong side, the game reads it as a 13 fc (and then you can jump in or away)