What's new

Tech Flash Tech Thread

SEV

Noob
I remember seeing a combo posted in a video using multiple specials mid combo but I couldn't find it so I'm not sure if this was it but Flash can get an extra LC in mid combo for extra meter building midscreen and match our safe string BnBs for 33% with simple execution on normal hit box characters; the combo also has a slightly better wall carry than our current BnB from a LK(MB) launcher:

[Starter] LK(MB) 32 LC D12 xx LC (33%)

F3 Ji1 32 LC D12 xx LC (33%)

Edit: Harder to execute on both small and large hit box characters; will switch sides on large hit box characters. Requires delay on the 32 input. Might not be worth it though due to the risk of dropping. Also able to start from F3; easy timing from F3 starter on large hit boxes.

Last edited:
just chose this thread cuz it might be tech, but i guess it can also go in the matchup thread. also i dunno if this was known already.

if you're standing and you block batman B2,3 you can dash forward before the baterang explodes and you're at advantage. if batman cancels into bats, or baterang, you can D1 punish him after the forward dash. if he has 3 bats, only the last one will hit you if he releases them as you dash. i haven't tested it with other number of bats, but maybe they'll whiff. the first two when he has three go right through flash as he's dashing. As far as I'm concerned, this dash tech only works if you were standing before you block batman B2. if you crouch block B2, you'll get hit by the explosion during the dash; i don't know why this is exactly. if you're crouch blocking, B2, then you can jump or backdash before the baterang explodes. if batman cancels into baterang, you'll have to block them if you neutral jump or jump back, but you can jump them if you're midscreen after a backdash, and you're at a safe distance regardless. i haven't tested it, but if you can backdash, you might be able to reversal lightning kick->backdash for some nice meter build too. Let me know if anyone finds this useful in the batman matchup. i don't really play against batman players so i don't really know how useful this is. of course, be mindful of bats in general.

on another note, i feel like lightning kick is an underrated wakeup option. in a lot of cases, you can wakeup LK and backdash for extra invul. it's a great way to get out of pressure imo. also if they reverse your inputs(e.g. cross-up F3 in the corner), you get wakeup shake which is safe. if they expect the backdash and try to chase you down, you can just release LK and you're minus but safe. If Shazam player tried to run a meaty cmd/psycho crusher oki game and wakeup LK backdash blew up everything. in the case of psycho crusher, my backdash turned into a forward dash somehow, and i crossed him up.

Last edited:

Rodrigue

Spongerod
@BoricuaHeat this is my version of your standing reset. Can work without the rumbas but I wanted to see the damage lol
The ones where I bash his head against the robot are unblockable.
The others can barely be blocked especially the one where I use a B3 after the rumba because the trait would still be up, which gives him even less time to react.
@AK Harold tell me what you think man. And @Zyphox thanks again!

BoricuaHeat

PSN:KrocoCola
@BoricuaHeat this is my version of your standing reset. Can work without the rumbas but I wanted to see the damage lol
The ones where I bash his head against the robot are unblockable.
The others can barely be blocked especially the one where I use a B3 after the rumba because the trait would still be up, which gives him even less time to react.
@AK Harold tell me what you think man. And @Zyphox thanks again!
I love it, no I love you man no homo. I have got to hit someone with this before I get consumed by KI again.

Rodrigue

Spongerod
I love it, no I love you man no homo. I have got to hit someone with this before I get consumed by KI again.
LOL. Did it today, the 94% one. Works like a charm :) the other guy was all over me afterwards hahaha
KI, man that game sucks big time I seriously have no idea what it is about it that you like!

BoricuaHeat

PSN:KrocoCola
LOL. Did it today, the 94% one. Works like a charm :) the other guy was all over me afterwards hahaha
KI, man that game sucks big time I seriously have no idea what it is about it that you like!
Will try it today!

I love it's mechanics, the footsies, combos, pace, art, MUSIC etc. Too much to name man, got me away from Injustice for weeks until I ran out off gold. Plus the satisfaction of hitting someone with a ninja warrior tiger monk who shouts gibberish or stomping someone with a teleporting command grabbing Indian just appeals to me.

Here are some more interactable bounce combos that leave the opponent standing... Not sure about the frame data after the combo ends but this combos do decent amount of damage and are good for preventing wakeup attacks...

@BoricuaHeat
@Zyphox
@AK Harold

Can you guys help me with the frame data after the stand or let me know the best way to test it out? Thanks

Last edited:
While watching footage of flash players, I saw that when they go into trait, they mainly go for the d12 LK or f23 LK 50/50s and i've seen d12 LK cancel into d12 LK cancel into another one for like 20% damage or so and I've also seen @AK Harold in tournament use 3 into LK for 40%+ damage... However I haven't seen people go for the 50/50 and hit confirm trait meterless combos... If you don't have meter you could for example do b22 trait then go for the 50/50 and if they guess wrong you can do a LK cancel into 3 into LK for decent damage... I was able to get up to 53% with a wall bounce and can prob get more using similar setups... Apologies if a lot of you already do this but i just haven't come across anyone using it before...

@WITNESS i'm not sure if it was definitely you but I remember seeing a super swag setup at civil war where you used b22 RMS 2 to end a combo then you went for d12 after the knock down... I haven't been able to get the timing right on that yet but was just wondering if this is a true OTG that opponents can't wake up from

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
@WITNESS i'm not sure if it was definitely you but I remember seeing a super swag setup at civil war where you used b22 RMS 2 to end a combo then you went for d12 after the knock down... I haven't been able to get the timing right on that yet but was just wondering if this is a true OTG that opponents can't wake up from
yeah its a true OTG you can also use d2 to hit them as well if they are mashing wake up, i might just make a video tonight about it since am bored. brb.

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
Yea it's an OTG

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.

here is the other part showing my version of OTG, and j2 MB SP.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Not the first piece of Flash tech I've contributed but here's more:

Off of the b22f3~RMS ender, if you run to a certain distance then do RMS2 it'll cross up the opponent. And if you do it at the right time/distance it will actually avoid/reverse wakeups, opening them up for full combo punish most of the time. It helps that it isn't tech rollable :) the timing kinda changes depending on the juggle you do though. Oh and you can do it in the corner but you have to do the RMS2 at the first possible frame that he starts running, ie instantly, or else it'll just whiff and you'll be in the corner lol.
Sorry I don't have a video to show you but I thought it'd be worth sharing with you!

Let me know what you think :)

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
Not the first piece of Flash tech I've contributed but here's more:

Off of the b22f3~RMS ender, if you run to a certain distance then do RMS2 it'll cross up the opponent. And if you do it at the right time/distance it will actually avoid/reverse wakeups, opening them up for full combo punish most of the time. It helps that it isn't tech rollable :) the timing kinda changes depending on the juggle you do though. Oh and you can do it in the corner but you have to do the RMS2 at the first possible frame that he starts running, ie instantly, or else it'll just whiff and you'll be in the corner lol.
Sorry I don't have a video to show you but I thought it'd be worth sharing with you!

Let me know what you think :)
I remember doing this to Sinestro at one point and it reversed his wakeup so he woke up with a boulder instead of an arachnid sting so I was able to block and punish it (although if I just blocked the arachnid sting I could have just punished that anyways). I think this could be more useful against characters that have fully invincible wakeups that can't be punished like KFs slide or MMH psionic push if those work. I'll test it out later

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I remember doing this to Sinestro at one point and it reversed his wakeup so he woke up with a boulder instead of an arachnid sting so I was able to block and punish it (although if I just blocked the arachnid sting I could have just punished that anyways). I think this could be more useful against characters that have fully invincible wakeups that can't be punished like KFs slide or MMH psionic push if those work. I'll test it out later
You might have done the RMS2 slightly too late then, he should be doing the wakeup he intended in the direction he intended but you should be on the other side having completely avoided it.

You can full combo punish all of Martian's wakeups if I remember rightly.