What's new

Tech Flash Tech Thread

FOREVER BALLIN

Flash is bottom 2
Soooo much style in that display of tech! It looks to be block able if you do human testing tho, AI blocking is buggy for these type of tests. Is it possible to do this with Flash's overhead?
Yeah it might be blockable... again, I haven't fully tested it yet. :(

And no, the overhead is not possible to pull of from this, but what you can do is RMS run or dash over their body while they are lying there and mixup up the OTG (if it's blockable) and the overhead as they get up.

BoricuaHeat

PSN:KrocoCola
Oh my that is dirty, gonna be implementing interactables to my game from now on. Great find, I'll see if I can find a combo to use with this set up later on. Most beneficial note about this tech would be that interactables ignore knockdown scaling, so now we got even more tricks to work with in different corner situations.

BoricuaHeat

Another preview on what's to come!

New way to combo into standing reset meterless while staying safe
Rough estimate -2 on hit, beats out 2/d2 (11 frames Deathstroke) and f2 (8 frames not good for testing), traded now and then with d1 tho (Deathstroke d1 start up 7 frames). The advantage depends on different variables in the combo from what I have gather through testing, aiming to get +2 frame advantage on hit, wish me luck!

The return of the ambiguous sonic pound vortex! Sort of, I will dub it something more "original". These videos will consist on specific combos for each member of the cast in which the far sonic pound will either stuff the wake up or make it whiff for flash to punish and allowing a 50/50 mix up from the pound itself while staying neutral. Far sonic pound for some odd reason is neutral on block, slighter advantage from its close and regular counter parts of -1 (might be + on block considering it hits meaty). Now for some demonstrations! This combo works on characters with height similar to that of Green Lantern, listed members of this stature: Superman, Martian Manhunter and Black Adam. Will test on all off them to prove this. So far got Superman off screen and working.

Mute the videos, family in the background.

First video it will not cross up. The fake cross up can be beaten tho.

Second video sonic pound can cross up, all depends on the timing of your d3, didn't get a good example of that in this video but I will in time (tomorrow).

Expect a thread on this for the weekend players! Hope to have videos on all the characters I consider top 10 candidates with this tech performed on them, I will take requests after they are done (will finish them all tho!).

Zyphox
Xenrail
AK Harold
SEV
thatgoon24
SaJa
Dr. Handsome
Killjoy McGee
xFriction_Burnx
SAREDODEVIL
AYSAMO
FOREVER BALLIN
@SO MANY TAGGGGGGS! TOO DISORIENTED RIGHT NOW!!!!

thatgoon24

Morphio24
Well looks like im not sleeping anytime soon.. there should be a rule against posting amazing tech so late at night cause goddamn i need some sleep lol

Cant wait to see this fully tested though!

Another preview on what's to come!

New way to combo into standing reset meterless while staying safe. Rough estimate -2 on hit, beats out 2/d2 (11 frames Deathstroke) and f2 (8 frames not good for testing), traded now and then with d1 tho (Deathstroke d1 start up 7 frames). The advantage depends on different variables in the combo from what I have gather through testing, aiming to get +2 frame advantage on hit, wish me luck!
If you use b2,2 instead of 32 it gives better frame advantage. Probably +1 maybe +2. I tried poking out of flash's 7 frame d1 with aquamans 6 frame d1 and it took me 7 tries to poke out. Connecting the d2 after b2,2 is a little more strict timing though. Also I found the advantage depends on the amount of hits in the combo, if you just do b2 or 3 then d2, you have huge frame advantage but sadly your first d1 will wiff

BoricuaHeat

If you use b2,2 instead of 32 it gives better frame advantage. Probably +1 maybe +2. I tried poking out of flash's 7 frame d1 with aquamans 6 frame d1 and it took me 7 tries to poke out. Connecting the d2 after b2,2 is a little more strict timing though. Also I found the advantage depends on the amount of hits in the combo, if you just do b2 or 3 then d2, you have huge frame advantage but sadly your first d1 will wiff

Amazing initiative Brizz! Gonna test this out when I get out of college tonight, let's make sure them frames are +2.

If the advantage from just doing b2, d2, 32/3, d2, 32. Is at the most plus 7 I could see myself using it to resume b22 pressure, won't even matter if d1 would whiff if we could resume our offense through the reset. Now we could have an option between a 50/50 or frame traps, to the Fortress of Solitude!(after class!).

thatgoon24

Morphio24
New way to combo into standing reset meterless while staying safe
Rough estimate -2 on hit, beats out 2/d2 (11 frames Deathstroke) and f2 (8 frames not good for testing), traded now and then with d1 tho (Deathstroke d1 start up 7 frames). The advantage depends on different variables in the combo from what I have gather through testing, aiming to get +2 frame advantage on hit, wish me luck!

This could mean alot to the way Flash is played. Instead of using trait just for combos, we can use it as a tool to get in. I know Flash players always find themselves full-screen with alot of meter, but there getting zoned the hell out. Trait can be used as a means to get in and can now be justified. Leave yourself at frame advantage when the trait ends, open them up and go for the reset. The reset still grants Flash's great comeback damage you would get from trait combos, you just need to get in and have the meter for it. Just my thoughts, I feel this is big for Flash's play-style as far as trait usage goes.

Breaker

~AKUMA~
I found out about the standing reset by accident like a few weeks ago, I asked HoneyBee if it's any good and he wasn't impressed by it. Any ideas why a really good Flash player might think this tech is kinda "meh"

SEV

Noob
I found out about the standing reset by accident like a few weeks ago, I asked HoneyBee if it's any good and he wasn't impressed by it. Any ideas why a really good Flash player might think this tech is kinda "meh"
Depends on the way you found it, because it's all about the + frames. I found one about a month ago that was: LK(MB) D2 F3 32, but it left you at like -4, so I never posted it. This though being up to +7 is huge. Great Job BoricuaHeat and brizzle, major finds.

Breaker

~AKUMA~
Depends on the way you found it, because it's all about the + frames. I found one about a month ago that was: LK(MB) D2 F3 32, but it left you at like -4, so I never posted it. This though being up to +7 is huge. Great Job BoricuaHeat and brizzle, major finds.
Ahhh I see, mine from the looks of it left you at neutral maybe +1, LC (MB) D2 B3 J3 32. I picked up Flash like a month ago cause I need a secondary for whatever Deathstroke just can't handle. Now that more or less it's confirmed NRS is done with DLCs (sad) I really dig how the Flash plays, it's Kabal without the zoning and I never really zoned as a Kabal player.

BoricuaHeat

Might be plus 7 lol. So far I am getting plus 2 with the following combo versus Aquaman, b22, mblk, 3, d2, 32, execution does play a huge part in the advantage. The funny part is hits have nothing to do with advantage, just height dependent. Huh how simple :p.

Haven't attempted using b2 before the reset since 3 just seems to put them in the sweet spot. Will keep you all posted tho!

BoricuaHeat

Oh my SEV It seems I have a definite value for the reset on Aquaman, b22, mb lk, 3, d2, 32, restand +2 (sometimes plus 3)! Puts you at d1 range to boot. Now when I mean sometimes plus 3, its not to convey I am unsure, it's the fact that the restand will glitch out advantage sometimes and would trade on certain moves versus Arthur. Example D2 would trade with his d1 being 6 frames and other occurrences his d2 would trade with ours. Leading me to think it will randomly reduce the advantage by just 1.

With b22, mblk, b22, d2, 32, restand sorry to say brizzle this one is neutral on hit (sometimes -1, following same rules as above). Tested versus Aquaman and I would consistently trade with his d1 versus ours. Good to know as it is easier then the one I am about to test.

B22, mblk, b2, d2, 32, restand is unknown so far but has a higher chance of reaching above plus 3, beat aquamans d1 with Flash d2 consistently at one point, but I clutched it out and backed out of training mode like a dummy. Will have a recording by tomorrow.

With b22, mblk, b22, d2, 32, restand sorry to say brizzle this one is neutral on hit (sometimes -1, following same rules as above). Tested versus Aquaman and I would consistently trade with his d1 versus ours. Good to know as it is easier then the one I am about to .
Ah I guess I jumped the gun a little with the frame advantage. But at least we know LK, 3, d2, 32 gives + 3 wich is still pretty good. But if the other combo traded a 6 frame d1 with a 7 frame d1 wouldn't that make it +1

SEV

Noob
B22, mblk, b2, d2, 32, restand is unknown so far but has a higher chance of reaching above plus 3, beat aquamans d1 with Flash d2 consistently at one point, but I clutched it out and backed out of training mode like a dummy. Will have a recording by tomorrow.
Yeah I was in the lab before class and the the LK(MB) 3 D2 32 combo is the best in my opinion, it may only give +2 but it is a consistent +2; was trying LK(MB) B2 D2 32 and though I was able to get up to +4, I was also getting as low as -1. Couldn't figure out a good/reliable trick to get the proper timing to get +4 consistently and was getting neutral most of the time, so I'll be sticking with 3 into D2 for now.

BoricuaHeat

Ah I guess I jumped the gun a little with the frame advantage. But at least we know LK, 3, d2, 32 gives + 3 wich is still pretty good. But if the other combo traded a 6 frame d1 with a 7 frame d1 wouldn't that make it +1
My bad typo, I meant to say beat, look at me getting excited too! Still an awesome find.

SEV Agreed, the variant with 3 is much more consistent as of now and should be the optimal BnB to restand. But I'll find a way to get consistent +4 on b2, count on that brotha.

SEV

Noob
Cool stuff. The only reset I can pull off online is the B2, the rest require too strict timing to use with online lag. Oh, and the trick for B2 D2 is just to D2 as late as possible.