General/Other Flash Buff/fix thread v3.0

Xenrail

Noob
-Decrease the cool down on his trait to 15 seconds
-Add a little more invincibility frames on his dodge move or a faster start up
-Add a small increase on his chip damage
-Slightly increase his dash distance

With those changes I could see flash being a more viable option
these are small but extremely reasonable changes. It would address the majority of issues with the Flash for the most part. colt should really take a look at these. It's not asking for much.

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
these are small but extremely reasonable changes. It would address the majority of issues with the Flash for the most part.
I would also be fine with dash having the same distance but faster recovery (in fact, I think faster recovery would be better). Those are all good suggestions, but I think the biggest thing is that Flash needs to have all of his mid attacks actually hit mid. His pressure would be so much better if people couldn't just buttfuck him by holding down.

He already has bad match ups against the better characters in the game, and it's further exacerbated by the fact that 3 of them (Killer Frost[everywhere], Black Adam[corner only] and Green Lantern [midscreen only]) can crouch b22f3. Even just b22 whiffs at certain ranges on crouching small characters.

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
I had a set last night with tom brady online with flash against aquaman and i think it's 4-6 for flash. Aquaman can't zone flash at all or he eats 30+% from MB charge so flash will get in easily but the problem is aquaman has way better normals. The key to this matchup is launching with MB sonic pound for combos, punishing scoop, and staying at the tip of b22 which is just outside aquamans b1. Which all this being said if flash had a 9f b2 it would be even. He's really close to being a top character all his matchups would be a lot better with a faster b2

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
9f b2 would be baller, and so would Flash's normals building meter faster than the zero percent that they build now. He's such a meter pig (maybe not as bad as Scorpion, but still), especially now with MB lightning charge being good, and the only way he can build any is off of getting hit, basically. Lightning Kick dash cancels works alright, but I don't think there are very many match ups where you can really do this.

I tested a bit, and by my best guess, you have to do b22 around 75 times to build 1 bar on block.

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
9f b2 would be baller, and so would Flash's normals building meter faster than the zero percent that they build now. He's such a meter pig (maybe not as bad as Scorpion, but still), especially now with MB lightning charge being good, and the only way he can build any is off of getting hit, basically. Lightning Kick dash cancels works alright, but I don't think there are very many match ups where you can really do this.

I tested a bit, and by my best guess, you have to do b22 around 75 times to build 1 bar on block.
Everytime you land a combo you should use trait LKx4 b2 LK, b22f3 Charge or something similar because its builds like 98% of a bar meaning after every combo you will have atleast one bar for another. But yea charge being good hurts his meter game. I feel the MB charge should only be used to reversal punish zoning or check backdashes. It shouldn't be used randomly to get in his reversal charge punishes every zoning character at some range in this game so flash having an actual threat of damage lets him get in on zoners easier than a lot of other characters. I get in easier with flash than i do with aquaman.

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
I agree that trait combos build a lot of meter, but the problem is that it builds just about as much (if not more) for the other person. A problem that I encounter a lot with Flash is that as bad as clashes are in general for him, losing clashes is even worse, and when basically all of Flash's damage comes from meter, and all of his meter building comes from giving the opponent meter or from getting hit, it just sucks even more.

I guess this is probably why we're already on Flash buff thread v3.0...

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
I agree that trait combos build a lot of meter, but the problem is that it builds just about as much (if not more) for the other person. A problem that I encounter a lot with Flash is that as bad as clashes are in general for him, losing clashes is even worse, and when basically all of Flash's damage comes from meter, and all of his meter building comes from giving the opponent meter or from getting hit, it just sucks even more.

I guess this is probably why we're already on Flash buff thread v3.0...
Man i hate the clash system whether you win or lose you're full screen and flash needs meter for everything so most of the time you will lose. At least flash does amazing damage i can usually wipe out the first bar in one combo and a mixup. I think us flash players have to work out a meter/trait strategy for the second health bar. I usually try to hit them early in the second bar and go right into trait combo almost forcing them to clash early or they eat 61% then i have time to build trait again

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
Although his damage without meter or trait isn't very good, at least Flash gets the opportunity for a mix up after a normal lightning kick. It's a shame that it's only +15 on hit, but he can still go for f21/d1d2 or attempt a cross up, or just walk up throw, or go into b22 RMS cancel pressure.

I feel like b22 RMS cancel on hit is around +15 to +20, because my execution isn't very good, and I can definitely do another b22 before they get out of hit stun.