What's new

General/Other Flash Buff/fix thread v3.0

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
first thing, i really cant respect all this cry about otg sonic pound, this was a BUG, it was never suposed to exist, but you all cry saying "flash needed it"
bullshit, lets give joker infinite back, he needs it, lets give batgirl hit stun reset back, she needs it, lets not take super man safe string or killer frost safe slide, they need it =]

second, i really dont understand this cry about "fix flash trait to not reset after a clash/super", if he uses or get a clash or a super with the trait inactive, his trait is intact, you guys really want is in case while you are doing your 61% trait combo, if the guy uses his clash, your trait refresh so you can use it right after the clash ? its ridiculous this idea
yeah, like DGOD PSYCHO said, you misunderstand the trait glitch. If we use trait, it takes around 20 seconds to come back ( I think it'd be reasonable to decrease this to 15 seconds). If we wait for 15 seconds (or 19.5 seconds, for that matter) of cooldown time and then somebody clashes (or activates a super), Flash's trait cooldown goes back to zero and we have to wait 20 seconds all over again. Nobody else who has a trait with cooldown has this.

On top of this, trait turns off if Flash gets hit or push blocked, and Flash can't block during his trait, either.

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
It annoys me that flash is my favorite character but he sucks really bad. -_- Flash has like zero jailing and either gets outranged or loses because of his slow speed (ridiculous because batgirl moves faster than this guy wtf)

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
So in spite of the fact that Flash got some buffs, he still needs to have the hitboxes of all of his crouchable mids fixed. If he could actually USE 11 on more than 4 or 5 characters to get his +7 on block, he would be way better. I think we can all agree that b2 still needs to be sped up to like 12 frames, too.

If NRS doesn't want to actually make his mids hit MID, at least change it so that it says high and stop teasing us.
Also, fix the his stupid trait glitch already...

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
So in spite of the fact that Flash got some buffs, he still needs to have the hitboxes of all of his crouchable mids fixed. If he could actually USE 11 on more than 4 or 5 characters to get his +7 on block, he would be way better. I think we can all agree that b2 still needs to be sped up to like 12 frames, too.

If NRS doesn't want to actually make his mids hit MID, at least change it so that it says high and stop teasing us.
Also, fix the his stupid trait glitch already...
His back 2 was 9 frames in beta apparently. That'ts what he needs

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
His back 2 was 9 frames in beta apparently. That'ts what he needs
honestly, I can see why they would nerf it from 9f (it makes all of his other standing normals completely pointless), but it doesn't need to be slower than 10 or 11, really. Flash can't properly punish things that are less than like -15 if they have any pushback at all.

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
honestly, I can see why they would nerf it from 9f (it makes all of his other standing normals completely pointless), but it doesn't need to be slower than 10 or 11, really. Flash can't properly punish things that are less than like -15 if they have any pushback at all.
If it was 9 frames he could actually play footsies it has farther range than GL's b1 he would be waaayy better. I guess they think too good which is ridiculous and it would def help his punishment

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
If it was 9 frames he could actually play footsies it has farther range than GL's b1 he would be waaayy better. I guess they think too good which is ridiculous and it would def help his punishment
In the scope of how things with Flash are now, it'd be basically just as good at 10f or 11f. I kind of get the impression that given how much they nerfed it from the beta that NRS won't do anything with it because like you said it'd be "too good" if Flash had a tool comparable to superman f23 breath. Superman is sacred and nobody but batman should be close to him, obviously.

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
yeah, like DGOD PSYCHO said, you misunderstand the trait glitch. If we use trait, it takes around 20 seconds to come back ( I think it'd be reasonable to decrease this to 15 seconds). If we wait for 15 seconds (or 19.5 seconds, for that matter) of cooldown time and then somebody clashes (or activates a super), Flash's trait cooldown goes back to zero and we have to wait 20 seconds all over again. Nobody else who has a trait with cooldown has this.

On top of this, trait turns off if Flash gets hit or push blocked, and Flash can't block during his trait, either.
I mean i think it should stay like that. It should be able to be broken by push block otherwise that trait would be broken luls free 50/50 hit confirms that way hahaha!
I do agree with maybe a cool down reduction and definitley fixing his trait glitch.

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
incidentally, trait cooldown also resets to zero after a level transition. So that's three things (clash, super and level trans) that restart cooldown to go with push block and getting hit shutting it off and not being able to block during.

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
Another crouchable mid problem...Killer Frost and Lobo (why lobo? he's big) can still crouch the last hit of b22f3.

Riot Frenzy

Acidic Reptile
-Decrease the cool down on his trait to 15 seconds
-Add a little more invincibility frames on his dodge move or a faster start up
-Add a small increase on his chip damage
-Slightly increase his dash distance

With those changes I could see flash being a more viable option

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
I'd like to hear what some pro players have to say about Flash's tourny viability
apparently Tom Brady and REO put him in the bottom 8 in the game in a recent tier list. That isn't very viable, I wouldn't say. I think they rated him 19th out of 26 or 27 characters. I feel like this is pretty accurate. He just doesn't have the tools to do much against the actual real good characters.

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
That's depressing.
He has a bunch of stuff that SHOULD make him good, but it doesn't, because it either doesn't work properly (speed dodge doesn't actually start on frame zero, Running man stance gets hit by crouchable highs) or because of stupid hitboxes.
1(1), 1(12), 1(2), (21), f2(1) and MB lightning charge are all mids that can be crouched by almost everybody in the game, and that's retarded. Sonic pound out of running man stance is a crouchable OVERHEAD for fuck sake.

Ya i was on the high train now i'm on the fuck Flash for now train. You guys will make him great one day!!

I'm gonna tweet edboon though about it.

DRE

(--o--)
I would change the speed dodge so that the projectile invincibility starts on the very first frame of the move. That would make it easier to react to faster projectiles like sinestro's. The physical attack invincibility of the move should activate later in the animation like it does now. I don't think that part of it needs to change.

You know what I would like for the Flash?

When he uses his phasing ability (the one where projectiles fly through him), he should use that to run towards the opponent. He would stop in front of the opponent and that should have as much recovery as the slowest recovering projectile, but still let you be able to block.
You wouldn't be able to punish someone immediately and you wouldn't get punished by faster projectiles / attacks. You would get in without harming the opponent or getting harmed and then you could start your offense in close and not try to get in desperately.

But I don't expect something like that to ever happen, since it wouldn't be a simply change of a special ability but a huge change actually, since they would have the phasing to his Running Man Stance etc..
And I don't even know if getting in is Flashs main problem :-O I just expected him to have something like that from the very first beginning.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
Give Flash his move set from Justice League Task Force.

I'd like to see Flash with his tornado projectile and teleport.

Xenrail

Noob
Hiltzy85 said:
4) b22f3: seems to have had the hitbox on the f3 part lowered so it can't be crouched by small characters like KF, Raven or catwoman anymore. It appears as though the entire hitbox for f3 has just been lowered, though, and not made bigger, because it is more difficult to use LKx4, b22 LK, b22f3 in trait combos now. Great job NRS.

was really worried about the flash when i read about that earlier this week. i was able to patch today and landed the 63% combo pretty easily the majority of the time. also if the hitbox on f3 during b22f3 is lower, that means you should be able to land it every single time because the opponent drops faster after every consecutive hit during a juggle.

anyways i have a list of the pre patch frame data that i'll post here later with the updated list