What's new

General/Other Flash B22F3 String Whiff

BrobaChett

GODSTOMPER
no he can poke out
no, he can't. i recorded doing b2 into d12, used zod and tried to d12 poke out and got beat. b22 will whiff on him but doing b2 won't and it still frame traps for a d12 combo.

EDIT: This will only work if you're really close to him, other than that Zod is a dick head.

Last edited:

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
no, he can't. i recorded doing b2 into d12, used zod and tried to d12 poke out and got beat. b22 will whiff on him but doing b2 won't and it still frame traps for a d12 combo.

EDIT: This will only work if you're really close to him, other than that Zod is a dick head.
You have play a human player I was playing viking at wb and I that's wasn't working at all

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
if f21 or this wasn't duckable he would be top 5, imagine getting a 50/50 on block vs 90% of the cast (except bigs like bane, grundy etc) in the corner? what other character has this? i imagine that this is the reason they make it duckable, for balance lol.
or they just suck at making hit boxes

SEV

Noob
It doesn't have anything to do with human or cpu, its spacing like Broba said. The issue with that is the optimal spacing to make B2 jail into D12 on Zod, without it getting blown up or avoided, is so precise that its just hard to pull off in actual gameplay due to Zod's tools and how he wants to play the MU.

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
It doesn't have anything to do with human or cpu, its spacing like Broba said. The issue with that is the optimal spacing to make B2 jail into D12 on Zod, without it getting blown up or avoided, is so precise that its just hard to pull off in actual gameplay due to Zod's tools and how he wants to play the MU.
In other words you cant do it

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Yeah im fine with 3dhitboxes they kinda make nrs games unique and add a layer of depth to it but if they are going to label a move as mid in training mode then it better be a mid and not a high move that hits mid 20% of the time. it is basically the mids that don't hit mid. high attacks always hit high as far as I know.
Yeah. I like the depth.
I understand your sentiment but mids are just the properties of the move so it doesn't bug me too much.. If you know your spacing and match ups then you know when they hit mid. I'd rather it say mid if it hits high most of the time but has mid hitting properties (so it still hits big characters) than it saying high and still hitting mid.

BrobaChett

GODSTOMPER
In other words you cant do it
Technically you CAN do it, but it being probable in match? Depends on who you're playing and if they know the correct spacing after doing b2. If they're in the corner and you do the b2 frame trap into d1d2 they're going to get blown up if you're close enough to them.

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
Yeah. I was thinking on characters that kan duck B22, you kould just B2 into D2~RMS kancel.. B2 is more plus than B22 anyway so if you're only using it as a get in tool it works.

They kan't poke out of B2 into D2~RMS kancel and it's safe.
d1 doesnt reach all the time
Technically you CAN do it, but it being probable in match? Depends on who you're playing and if they know the correct spacing after doing b2. If they're in the corner and you do the b2 frame trap into d1d2 they're going to get blown up if you're close enough to them.
I hope u guys know I was talking about zod not the whole roster with him it doesn't matter how close you are to him mid screen if you try to to do d1 right after b2 it won't reach unless in the corner

BrobaChett

GODSTOMPER
d1 doesnt reach all the time

I hope u guys know I was talking about zod not the whole roster with him it doesn't matter how close you are to him mid screen if you try to to do d1 right after b2 it won't reach unless in the corner
Dude, we know what you're talking about, you just don't comprehend anything we're saying. I'm not explaining myself again.

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
I may be wrong but I thought the B22 worked on Zod if you have him in the corner.. let me check.. Yeah it does. Just B22 Zod in the corner.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
my bad miss read that but i tried that he can still trade with you with his d1 if you miss time it also he can parry you
Well yeah. He kan beat you out if you miss time anything.

B2 is +4 and D2 is 9 frames so you win out even if Zod has a 6 frame move, which he doesn't.

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
Well yeah. He kan beat you out if you miss time anything.

B2 is +4 and D2 is 9 frames so you win out even if Zod has a 6 frame move, which he doesn't.
but he can parry you which is 3 frames if he knows what you are trying to do

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
but he can parry you which is 3 frames if he knows what you are trying to do
That's where the mind game komes in between you doing it or waiting for the punish. He risks a full kombo if he does that. Same with D1 from range since you kan walk back and wiff punish.