What's new

Fixing MK11: Flawless Blocking

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
It rewards people for bad decision making. No thanks. It needs to be more limited, which makes it more impressive when it happens. It needs to be more rewarding

I feel like no one actually watched the video though, I feel like people are just typing shit before watching because none of the actual points I make have been addressed in this topic.
It's a 24 minute long video, nobody got time for that!

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
Honestly my only issue is that you can flawless block on hit, that’s probably my only issue. No other game has the ability to steal a turn on hit which is very very dumb. However, flawless blocking otherwise is fine in my opinion. Being able to steal a turn on block is literally just as common in other games, SFV has it with supers and dps, tekken has it with high/low crushes plus side stepping plus rage arts, dbfz has it with level 3s and dps, mkx had it with armour, injustice with mb b3/f3 and supers.
Of those, flawless blocking is the hardest to do and nets similar reward to the others, especially if you do flawless block u3 (which imo is a waste of meter)

It is also just as unsafe, trying to flawless block literally loses to every option except the move they’re trying to flawless block. If they’re trying to flawless block a slower move then they’ll get hit by a faster move, and if they’re trying to flawless block the faster move then walking back, doing a slower move, or throwing will all beat them.

I definitely think this game has its issues, just like just about every other fighter, but this absolutely isn’t an issue, bar being able to flawless block on hit.