What's new

Question Fixing Harley's Tantrum Stance Input

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
You know, I really should have clarified. The only time I have a problem with the inputs is when I'm doing it naked, in combos it works fine. But something about doing it naked throws off the timing of the inputs.

Ramon

Heavenly Harley
that's because you aren't looking to do anything after. which means you are holding the Back button too long. Which is why it doesnt need fixing. i can understand if you did it perfectly...didnt hold back AFTER the input and it still rolled, then that means it needs to be fix. But since this isnt the case...

You know, I really should have clarified. The only time I have a problem with the inputs is when I'm doing it naked, in combos it works fine. But something about doing it naked throws off the timing of the inputs.
Still think it's because you are hitting :d:qtl3:l then, since when cancelling into specials on alternate controls OFF, diagonals aren't considered (except Cyborg's grapple), so you can't have this error. Do the move in training a few times until you mess up and look at your inputs. You'll see :d:qtl3:l. Holding :l will NOT make you roll.

Just because this input error is possible to consistently avoid doesn't mean it shouldn't be made easier, especially considering the game was intended to have a low execution barrier.

EDIT: In testing it some more, I did find that you can override the back input with a forward input, but none of the buttons will override it. However, it seems that if you hit :d:qtl3:l:r:l, the inputs will completely cancel out and you will not roll in either direction, allowing you to cancel into any of the follow-ups again.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
The fact that if you hold back for remotely too long and she rolls backwards is the issue, for me at least. I know other players who get annoyed by it, and you can see it happen all the time on streams. I would simply like to see the window for the next input tightened a bit so the game isn't reading the wrong command.
Dont HOLD anything. Just input it once and then do the followup.

I only played Harley for a week but I never had this problem, gotta just get that timing down.

Alright, so I found a way around this issue that doesn't involve alternate controls ON or being more precise with your :d:l3 input. You can input :d:qtl:l3 and quickly hit :r:l:r. Whether you input :d:qtl:l3 or mess up and input :d:qtl3:l, you will not roll unless you input another :l or :r a certain period of time after the previous ones. This may make it a bit harder to roll as soon as possible, but buttons will still buffer properly, allowing you to attack as soon as possible. I have been able to replicate this by hitting :l:l or :r:r (EDIT: or :d:d or :u:u) as well, but it was less consistent as there seemed to be some odd timing window for it.

EDIT: Seems you can just hit any of the cardinal directions 3 times and it will do this, though :r:l:r is probably the easiest.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
The thing is, adjusting the window wouldn't affect anyone who has no problem with the input at all. I had no problem with the "input bug" in MK, yet I didn't denounce anyone for saying that they'd like it fixed or tell them they just need better execution. However, I appreciate the tips, and will do my best to incorporate them and let others having the same problem know about them as well if this isn't something NRS addresses.

Ramon

Heavenly Harley
The thing is, adjusting the window wouldn't affect anyone who has no problem with the input at all. I had no problem with the "input bug" in MK, yet I didn't denounce anyone for saying that they'd like it fixed or tell them they just need better execution. However, I appreciate the tips, and will do my best to incorporate them and let others having the same problem know about them as well if this isn't something NRS addresses.
yeah but it's not a bug of any kind which is what we are getting at.

serge

Noob
:d:qtl3:l in combo = No problem.
:d:qtl3:l not in combo = Back roll possibility.
:d:qtl:l3 = No problem no matter what.
Solved!

FlipinFlava

Kuya Andy
you don't know that
it could affect us when we do want the roll to come out

Optimator

Casual Aspirations
I used to have this same problem, and sometimes still do. My fix was to input the 2 (or 3) with more just timing i.e. as early as possible but not too early. Very reliable now and I never have problems with her vortex anymore.

Ramon

Heavenly Harley
Happened to me last night in the tournament at 8 on the break. Still doesnt need to be patched. Oh and i lost because of it lol