What's new

Question Fixing Harley's Tantrum Stance Input

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Harley's Tantrum Stance input needs addressed in the next patch. Often when I input the command for Tantrum Stance and it lands I get a backwards roll after it, regardless of what button I'm pressing. I think the window to input the next command is too large, and because of this, the game reads the backwards command at the wrong time.

People are finding ways around this, such as double tapping down during during the Tantrum Stance animation, but I don't feel it should be this hard and would appreciate it being addressed in the upcoming patch (as I'm sure many other Harley players would as well). Thanks :)

colt
hecterrific

Sonho

POTH makes me question my sexuallity
this is the first time i ever hear about this, i have never had any problems with it? are you should you're not holding back to long before pressing 1?

I have this problem sometimes, but I attribute it to the fact that I'm using an year old 360 controller and when I do the input for tantrum stance the joystick sticks slightly back and I do the roll. I don't think I would have this problem with a new controller, but it's not a big enough issue for me to go buy one. I'd also imagine this isn't a problem for anyone using a stick or a d-pad.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Nah, the input they need to fix is that Damned Play Doctor into Gunshots in the combos :\
And also when I push d.1 she shots A.A. Gunshots sometimes. But thats probably me.
edit: they need to fix a lot of the inputs in this game. I think the damn game reads the diagonal back as d.b sometimes or d.f too.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I have pretty terrible execution and just generally pretty clumsy, hell every once in awhile I accidentally get B2 xx Cupcakes when trying to do B22 xx Tantrum stance.

This though... never had this happen to me.

Strange.

Ramon

Heavenly Harley
well you are Holding back too long. Just input it and let go of all directions. I had the trouble before but it doesnt need patching. Also the PD combo ender is not that bad. Keep practicing.

And also when I push d.1 she shots A.A. Gunshots sometimes. But thats probably me.
edit: they need to fix a lot of the inputs in this game. I think the damn game reads the diagonal back as d.b sometimes or d.f too.

On alternate controls OFF, outside of combos, :qtl = :l OR :d and :qtr = :r OR :d. So you could get a :d:l3 by hitting :d:qtl3, :d:l3, :qtl:l3, or :qtl:qtl3. What is likely happening for your AA gunshots is you are hitting :d:qtl1 instead of :d1.

Reauxbot

On alternate controls OFF, outside of combos, :qtl = :l OR :d and :qtr = :r OR :d. So you could get a :d:l3 by hitting :d:qtl3, :d:l3, :qtl:l3, or :qtl:qtl3. What is likely happening for your AA gunshots is you are hitting :d:qtl1 instead of :d1.
Aaaahh. Ok. And here I thought alternate controls wasnt much of a difference.
#Noob
Ill switch that up right now.
Thanks.

cpmd4

Slaughter is the Best Medicine
well you are Holding back too long. Just input it and let go of all directions. I had the trouble before but it doesnt need patching. Also the PD combo ender is not that bad. Keep practicing.
This. Let go after you hit back. I have this happen to me sometimes too and it sucks but it's completely avoidable, it's not an input bug at all.

Reauxbot

I have pretty terrible execution and just generally pretty clumsy, hell every once in awhile I accidentally get B2 xx Cupcakes when trying to do B22 xx Tantrum stance.

This though... never had this happen to me.

Strange.
They need to fix that too. At key moments with Harley I get a damn cupcake. :\

Though I don't play Harley, my opinion on this Tantrum Stance issue would be to allow the player to override a previous follow-up choice with the input for a different one as long as it's early enough that the follow-up wouldn't have started yet. Not likely to happen, though.

booivi

Good Game :)
Like Ramon said...I've also had trouble with Tantrum stance before but it was just me. It definitely doesn't need any patching. Although, I've recently heard that most players are now complaining about input bugs when playing on stick. If this is your case, then you'd just have to wait until NRS fixes that.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
they DONT need to fix it. It's consistant. Vary your timing and find the right one...

For me it's not even really a timing thing, so much as I randomly hit forward instead of going to neutral after B22.

And ya, it doesn't need to be fixed, it's 100% user error. Thankfully I have never had it happen in an actual match, just in training mode well mashing buttons and listening to podcasts.

Ramon

Heavenly Harley
For me it's not even really a timing thing, so much as I randomly hit forward instead of going to neutral after B22.

And ya, it doesn't need to be fixed, it's 100% user error. Thankfully I have never had it happen in an actual match, just in training mode well mashing buttons and listening to podcasts.
This happens to me in tournament when i do wakeup and mash like the scrub i am.

deg222

Best Zatanna that uses Aquaman
The only time I get a back roll is when I'm mashing TS (db3 over and over) on wakeup. The best way I found to mash TS on wakeup, is to do the db motion once, then mash on 3. But using this method, you still need to know timing on when your character is going to wakeup.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
The fact that if you hold back for remotely too long and she rolls backwards is the issue, for me at least. I know other players who get annoyed by it, and you can see it happen all the time on streams. I would simply like to see the window for the next input tightened a bit so the game isn't reading the wrong command.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
I've never had this problem, but inputs suck in this game so no surprises there. Her Play Doctor input needs to be fixed too, it's really hard to cancel into it consistently.

Ramon

Heavenly Harley
I've never had this problem, but inputs suck in this game so no surprises there. Her Play Doctor input needs to be fixed too, it's really hard to cancel into it consistently.
It's all about practicing it.