What's new

General/Other - Grandmaster Fixes that Grandmaster still requires!

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
A couple of issues have been plaguing the Grandmaster variation, some for quite some time and others that showed up recently, some of the things in here affect other variations as well but mostly GM.

Let's begin with a glitch that I come across very often and that I've managed to capture in the following video:

What happens in the video is just this, after getting hit by the EX Slide Erron gets in DIRECT contact with the klone by falling into it BUT doesn't get frozen therefor denying you a follow up.
This glitch happens when you klone and do the EX slide at a certain range illustrated in the video and most likely has something to do with the klones cylinder hitbox being positioned at the back of the klone and also not having a big enough diameter.

As far as I can tell the cylinder hitbox is located somewhat like this:

And because of the reasons I've stated above, the klone is allowing characters to fall through it without getting frozen and also permitting pokes to go through it despite direct contact.
Now I understand that some clipping is bound to happen when the klone is involved but that doesn't excuse the fact that characters can still put their entire arm through the klone and not get frozen.

One way to fix this would be to make the klone cylinder hitbox occupy the entire main body of the klone like this:

This would still allow for some clipping to happen but I think it would stop glitches from happening.

Of course what I have shown you in the pictures is just pure speculation on the size and shape of the klone hitbox as only a dev would know the accurate measurements.

Let's move one to the next glitch I've encountered and that is the EX klone not coming out on HIT when the characters are in the same stance.
This happens when you use the b12 string then klone cancel in the EX version, video footage of this below:

As you can clearly see the EX klone will not come out being replaced by the regular version BUT as soon as you switch stances the EX version comes out just fine.
AGAIN I must stress that ALL other string EX cancels work REGARDLESS OF STANCE!
I don't think I have to argue with anyone of the importance of having a tool that performs consistently on hit and on block regardless of stance.

Another instance where GM is plagued by glitches happens in the corner when you try to shatter a close Klone by using the EX or regular Ice Burst from the b33, f33 and 12 strings.
As pointed out by @Ree301 Quan Chi suffered from a somewhat similar issue that made opponents autoblock and that got fixed.
I'd think this warrants the same treatment from NRS.

And the last item on today's glitch menu is something everyone in the SZ community is very familiar with and that is GENDER SPECIFIC COMBOS AND SETUPS.
Some of my fellow SZ mains have argued that b33 ice ball should connect on both male and female characters and I couldn't agree more BUT the most important aspect of gender specific combos is that they deny the use of klone corner combos and setups consistently versus female characters.
To my knowledge Grandmasters move set has the worst interaction with female hitboxes out of the entire cast and this has to change for the variation to perform on an equal footing against the whole roster.

Some of these things we're known some weren't but regardless of that, these are matters worth addressing by NRS and discussing in the forums.
@colt

Last edited:

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
You forgot to add that ex clone still doesn't come out sometimes yet it still takes a bar of meter . Not even regular clone comes out . I thought they said that that wasn't supposed to happen .... But this topic is like beating a dead horse man. You're gonna get nothing but sub hate and the devs seem like they've pretty much washed their hands of subzero.

Unless someone in kp2 really has an unfair advantage vs sub I doubt he'll get any changes .

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
do I have to police the damn thread just to make you
You forgot to add that ex clone still doesn't come out sometimes yet it still takes a bar of meter . Not even regular clone comes out . I thought they said that that wasn't supposed to happen .... But this topic is like beating a dead horse man. You're gonna get nothing but sub hate and the devs seem like they've pretty much washed their hands of subzero.
As far as the sub hate I don't give a rats ass, as far as i'm concerned if anyone comes in here wit
Grandmaster is actually fine, as he makes life hard for a lot of characters.

1. The EX klone bug needs fixed on all strings.
2. Klone shatters need to allow a combo to extend on a grounded opponent, if it hits.
If you'd extend the combos with the clone shatter wouldn't that scale like crazy?

@aieches the SZ haters gonna hate regardless if I make this thread or not really so might as well try and get some attention to the damn glitches.
Also I though the whole EX klone doesn't come out was fixed last patch, the only thing remaining was the b12 EX klone on hit being stance dependent.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
I thought I was fixed also but a few days ago it actually won A match versus a sub because he tried to throw this out and it failed . Ex flash, no clone and he was down the bar. I took the chance to punish and he couldn't break since he only had one bar left. I had less than 15% health, had he got that clone out, the outcome probably would have been different

Maybe this Was caused by a different glitch but still they took a bar from him and nothing came out

Ps - to that sub player if you're in here ggs and I'm sorry . Lol

Pss - wait now that I think of it I think you rage quit on me in the next match that's why I didn't message you about the eX clone, so I take that back sorry not sorry
So to whoever you are.... you sir.... you can go to hell

Last edited:

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
Does exclone not come out if you try to punish a gap or counter poke as well? Since it has armor it was intended to work like most other armor moves in game

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
Does exclone not come out if you try to punish a gap or counter poke as well? Since it has armor it was intended to work like most other armor moves in game
The answer is kinda tricky... It does come out but unlike other armored moves is has a proximity check on it so because of that you sometimes try to EX klone and end up wasting a bar because the opponents hitbox was in that instance, too close to Sub Zero.
There is also a fail safe in place to prevent you from wasting a bar if the above situation arises BUT it seldom works properly.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
The answer is kinda tricky... It does come out but unlike other armored moves is has a proximity check on it so because of that you sometimes try to EX klone and end up wasting a bar because the opponents hitbox was in that instance, too close to Sub Zero.
There is also a fail safe in place to prevent you from wasting a bar if the above situation arises BUT it seldom works properly.
I was getting it to work for the gap in Cassie's b124 string and didn't have a problem but I never tried it as a counter poke and I Dont play sub enough to see all situations.

It makes sense tho since you can't place clone right on top of the other player that it would mess up the exclone if the other player is right in your face pressuring and you try to armor. That definitely kinda lame that you have to space it out just to utilize the armor on it.

Idk how they could fix that without allowing you to out clones closer to ppl

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
I was getting it to work for the gap in Cassie's b124 string and didn't have a problem but I never tried it as a counter poke and I Dont play sub enough to see all situations.

It makes sense tho since you can't place clone right on top of the other player that it would mess up the exclone if the other player is right in your face pressuring and you try to armor. That definitely kinda lame that you have to space it out just to utilize the armor on it.

Idk how they could fix that without allowing you to out clones closer to ppl
As far as I'm concerned they need to get the fail safe to work so you don't end up wasting a bar and finding yourself in the situation that @aieches mentioned

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
I can't believe I agree with the first post.
Also fix his clone to not come out point blank in some situations, this is not unbreakable.
Also make his ex frost bomb -15.

Then we're good.

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
Also fix his clone to not come out point blank in some situations, this is not unbreakable.

Then we're good.
Because even an esteemed SZ hater such as yourself can see that a character falling through the klone and NOT getting frozen is stupid.
Also EX frost bomb=block+grab FTW

xXxNasHxXx

Mighty Champion of EarthRealm

Then we're good.
You are too good bro... :D