What's new

General/Other - Grandmaster Fixes that Grandmaster still requires!

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
ME!!! Nerf that goddamn ex frost bomb already !!

Btw throw whiffs as a punish since every decent sub does it before you can get point blank.

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
ME!!! Nerf that goddamn ex frost bomb already !!

Btw throw whiffs as a punish since every decent sub does it before you can get point blank.
no it doesn't man even with the push back midscreen, at -10 SZ is not moving anywhere and you've got plenty of time to go in and grab, and there's no way he'll be able to poke or low profile.

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
I have to disagree with this depiction of the Klone collision. From my testing it is much larger but does not include the front leg, both arms or head. See my pictures for reference.
To make sure of the collision on the backside I used Raiden to teleport and it was as I described.

The reason I feel they're not being frozen is the hurtbox is turned off once they reach a certain height from the ground (this is to avoid OTGs). The Klone box is big enough but I feel the enemies hurtbox isn't active at that height in that scenario.

Last edited:

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
That would make sense why corner juggles are harder to Clone with females reduced gravity as well

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
Here is a mock up from the video you recorded. Lets just guess the hurtbox doesn't count Errons forearms. The camera is a little tilted but the Klone collision still seems about where I guessed it to be. By the time Erron would fall into the collision he is invulnerable from the knockdown state to prevent OTGs.

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
That would make sense why corner juggles are harder to Clone with females reduced gravity as well
From my interpretation there are 3 boxes involved. Klone collision(touch it and get frozen), character collision(prevents ghosting through characters) and character hurt collision(where you get hurt when hit).

I think the Klone check uses it's collision and the enemies character collision. If the Klone collision is within the enemy characters collision then Klone won't work. For females I feel like their character collision is larger than their hurt collision possibly causing Sub-Zero to always be in a no Klone zone. His EX Klone works better point blank than the regular Klone. Just try regular Klone point blank on Devorah, it won't work no matter what stance. But the EX Klone will work.

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
@crosshair271 I put a disclaimer on the images I posted in the OP saying that is was pure speculation so I'm not surprised that things are looking different, but regardless of that the issue still remains... characters coming in contact with the klone and not getting frozen, that should not happen.
Also the character hitbox does include the arms you can test this by using F/T.

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
@crosshair271
Hitbox or hurtbox? If you're saying F/T become frozen when the tip of their fist touch the Klone then yes it is an issue. It is an issue because many characters poke through Klone with their hands and arms. Just look at the pictures I showed of Sub-Zero. He only gets frozen once his elbow touched the Klone. But if F/T are an exception then it needs to be fixed for consistency.

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
@crosshair271
I went back and tested with F/T arms vs legs. Arms go through but legs don't. The only reason the arm sometimes looks like it has instant collision is because it is his elbow touching from the hook of the punch.

RVB

twitch.tv/rvblacktail
Hitbox or hurtbox? If you're saying F/T become frozen when the tip of their fist touch the Klone then yes it is an issue. It is an issue because many characters poke through Klone with their hands and arms. Just look at the pictures I showed of Sub-Zero. He only gets frozen once his elbow touched the Klone. But if F/T are an exception then it needs to be fixed for consistency.
I'm referring to the ex slide into klone situation where you hit F/T with the slide and his arms touch the klone and gets frozen.I can post a vid if you want.

crosshair271

Sub-Xerox
I'm referring to the ex slide into klone situation where you hit F/T with the slide and his arms touch the klone and gets frozen.I can post a vid if you want.
It looks more like his BIG HEAD touching the torso collision. I compared it to Goro and the difference I'm noticing is Torr looks like he doesn't bend his head back like Goro and others when falling. Since his head isn't bent back it sticks further out to touch the Klone. Either that or his head is so big he is bending his neck and it's still the same dimensions.