What's new

Tech Fishing for the EX reset and X-Ray (semi OS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Tried the trick, but man, the time and distance are SICK. To fast, and that little dash is also a ****, but works...

lol, Let´s call it "Vulcan Tribute". lol
Other names include, "TYM guy strike", "Donnut time".

Sorry everyone but this might not turn out to be as great as I initially thought. This tech has some flaws that I need to address to prevent confusion. (I should've done more testings lol)

If some of you tried it, you probably noticed that B3 actually hits the opponent if they stay grounded or if they don't do anything. That's bad. Because it means that the EX baton or X-ray will still come out no matter what they do. So please whatever you do don't ever buffer an X-ray with B3 or D3.

You can still use B3 for EX Baton, but this also means you have to commit to it and realize that EX Baton will always come out unless they teleport or ass out. So you need to be ready and think about what will happen if they fuzzy guard both hits.

But even with all its flaws, I still think this is a good way to bait and stuff certain wake ups. Especially considering how Stryker often denies people the opportunity to wake up attack. Plus if they see us going for B3 or B2 then the chances they react with a wake up attack are higher.

So with that being said and after lots of testing, here are the only characters I suggest using this tech against:

B3: Sindel, Sonya, Jax, Skarlet

B2: Kung Lao, Sektor (except X-ray), Sonya, Kabal

D1: Nightwolf, Jax

2: Kung Lao, Sektor, Stryker, Shang Tsung

On everyone else, you're better off ending with roll toss or a reset. Or have a different and more reliable counter setup with baton sweep.

I will go over anti-teleports in another post/thread.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
I was under the impression that B3 connects because the opponent's wake up made contact with it, meaning they run into B3 and not B3 hitting them before they do the EN move. B3 range is deceptive and weird, that why I thought this was possible in the first place. because of the weird range, a wake up will for it to connect but would normally whiffs if they dont do anything.

Sick stuff man, this is ground breaking! The first tech I think that can be applied to all characters-Great Job! :)

Regarding the OS great stuff man truly brilliant, Shoryken had come up with his own option select with Sub a while back, but it was overlooked because everyone cried "there's no OS in Mk" the silly bastards lol. His was less advance but and only worked on kabal to my knowledge: It worked like this!

Sub OS: Because kabal can only absorb one hit when he activates Ex Spin, a meaty d4 into clone would blow him up, and on wiff the clone would not come out if they decide to say lay down. I doubt that this works anymore given the new effects of the recent patch.

But your damn, geezh man I loved those OS setups more than anything else I've ever seen reason being is that there's wasn't any Big problem that made it a bad idea overall, good shit :)

Lastly!
About those D3's after Ex Baton Swipe into roll then straight into grab, I like how you portrayed it but bro one flaw off the vid is that you never told anyone that the grab after is not free at ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I don't want people going around getting blow up lol, police stick together :) Anyways just letting people know that after the d3 nothing is free, I actually feel like I'm at disadvantage but that wouldn't be true or would it? Anyways after the d3 hits beware that say a character like KABAL, Mil, or etc decides to spin or roll your gonna eat that combo if you attempt to grab or etc because strykers normals are slow and his specials have slow start up, because baton and spin have that roll and spin animation that leave him free for some frames! So BEWARE.

Maybe D3-D4-4xxroll I think this is good because not tested for stryker yet but d3-d4 with sub cannot be jumped or d4 will hit!

Well Very Good Job on everything else man, less see if Sub has an OS :) B1,X ray, 2? Ya never know!

M_TrickZz said:
Sick stuff man, this is ground breaking! The first tech I think that can be applied to all characters
No it's not lol. Read my last post.

But thanks anyway. :p

M_TrickZz said:
one flaw off the vid is that you never told anyone that the grab after is not free at ALL!!!!!
I actually did mention it in the video. There was a segment where I said "don't always go for a throw attempt or it will be too predictable. Try to mix it up with low pokes, low crush xx gun cancel, jump over etc."

And I never said the damage was guaranteed. That's why I call it "damage potential".

I was under the impression that B3 connects because the opponent's wake up made contact with it, meaning they run into B3 and not B3 hitting them before they do the EN move. B3 range is deceptive and weird, that why I thought this was possible in the first place. because of the weird range, a wake up will for it to connect but would normally whiffs if they dont do anything.
Yeah that's the idea behind it and that works with B2 and standing 2. For example, B2 completely whiffs if Kabal doesn't do anything. But if he tries any wake up attack, the special move will make Kabal move forward and so B2 will make contact with it before Stryker gets hurt. And that's what triggers the EN baton or X-ray. It works, but only for certain pokes that actually whiff.

If you dash up after baton sweep, B3 and D3 will still hit the opponent even if he doesn't do a wake up attack. To prevent this from happening, you would need to dash xx block as fast as humanly possible and stop right outside of B3/D3 range to make sure they whiff. But then the pokes would also need to stay active long enough to make contact with the wake up attack. Which is impossible with D3 and very hard to do with B3.

So that's why I came to the conclusion that we have to "commit" to EN Baton Sweep if we use B3.

lol sorry. But I don't want to give people false hope and make them waste 30 hours practicing something that's not even reliable.

It's still good vs some characters like I said. Sindel, Sonya, Jax, NW, Kabal, KL, Sektor, Stryker, Skarlet and Shang Tsung. But don't try it on anyone else. It just won't work. Or it will work 30% of the time and lose to the other half wake up options they might try.

lol sorry. But I don't want to give people false hope and make them waste 30 hours practicing something that's not even reliable.

It's still good vs some characters like I said. Sindel, Sonya, Jax, NW, Kabal, KL, Sektor, Stryker, Skarlet and Shang Tsung. But don't try it on anyone else. It just won't work. Or it will work 30% of the time and lose to the other half wake up options they might try.
No probs man, its kool. It's just character specific now, and do you know anything special about his grenades? OTG maybe?

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
Sorry everyone but this might not turn out to be as great as I initially thought. This tech has some flaws that I need to address to prevent confusion. (I should've done more testings lol)

If some of you tried it, you probably noticed that B3 actually hits the opponent if they stay grounded or if they don't do anything. That's bad. Because it means that the EX baton or X-ray will still come out no matter what they do. So please whatever you do don't ever buffer an X-ray with B3 or D3.

You can still use B3 for EX Baton, but this also means you have to commit to it and realize that EX Baton will always come out unless they teleport or ass out. So you need to be ready and think about what will happen if they fuzzy guard both hits.

But even with all its flaws, I still think this is a good way to bait and stuff certain wake ups. Especially considering how Stryker often denies people the opportunity to wake up attack. Plus if they see us going for B3 or B2 then the chances they react with a wake up attack are higher.

So with that being said and after lots of testing, here are the only characters I suggest using this tech against:

B3: Sindel, Sonya, Jax, Skarlet

B2: Kung Lao, Sektor (except X-ray), Sonya, Kabal

D1: Nightwolf, Jax

2: Kung Lao, Sektor, Stryker, Shang Tsung

On everyone else, you're better off ending with roll toss or a reset. Or have a different and more reliable counter setup with baton sweep.

I will go over anti-teleports in another post/thread.
It is character specific, but you have to make sure that the b3 will miss if they just block and the 2 hit them.Let say b3(wiff)X-ray2.......the x-ray will not come out, but the 2 will hit if they just block.If they do wake up that moves them forward to you, you will get them. So it is not that bad........and it works with other characters too.

RamenO

It Stinks!
Vulcan, you are a mad scientist, because you spend entirely too much time in the lab.

Situational or not, that's the name of the game, Vulc, and this tech is definitely pretty ground breaking. Good job. The same way B2 for Stryker can be used, I went in the lab and saw that B1 for Jade works similarly as well. Wonder who else you can do this with.

Thinking about the trick, i think it´s way better attacking, using D3 after Baton EX, and then pressure, than using like this "counter-wake up", still great on those chars. I tried against Mileena, and the only "safe" is buffering D4 in Roll Toss.

Thinking about the trick, i think it´s way better attacking, using D3 after Baton EX, and then pressure, than using like this "counter-wake up", still great on those chars. I tried against Mileena, and the only "safe" is buffering D4 in Roll Toss.
You're absolutely right. EX Baton as combo ender basically achieves the same thing as standing 3 does except it pretty much doubles Stryker's damage output and come back factor. It's nothing to spit on.

I definitely encourage people to use EX baton as combo ender when they can. This should only be used sparingly, once you have conditioned your opponent with resets. It's still a good way to try and make them waste 1 bar of meter. But only vs specific characters.

btw welcome back RamenO :)

Owerbart

I miss you
Awesome tec. I'm kinda trying to learn to use stryker and this looks huge. Thanks bro.
Just on a sidenote: Can you give any tips on how to execute the EN Batonsweep reset with accuracy?
Also keep uploading your fights to YT they are awesome

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.