What's new

Tech Fishing for the EX reset and X-Ray (semi OS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess people just don't get it... lol

For those that do get it:

*B3: Sindel, Sonya, Jax, Skarlet

B2: Kung Lao, Sektor (except X-ray), Sonya, Jax, Kabal

D1: Nightwolf, Jax

2: Kung Lao, Sektor, Stryker, Shang Tsung

*Never buffer X-ray with B3 or D3 because they always hit if you dash up after Baton. If you use B3/D3, you have to commit to EX baton (so you're basically making a read that they will wake up attack). Stryker is still safe on block so it's not that bad but ideally you want to use "B2,B4" or "2,3" to OS. 2 hits special mid and B2 loses to lows.

On everyone else, you're better off ending with roll toss or a reset. Or have a different and more reliable counter setup with baton sweep.

I will go over anti-teleports in another post/thread.
...................................................................................................................................................

Stryker Option-Selects:

(I just call them option-selects for lack of better term)

anti-wake up attacks:

:l:fk:d:l:bk:blk, :bp

:l:bp:d:l(hold):bk:blk

:l:bp(hold), :x, :bk / :fp/:r:bp

:d:fp/:fk/:bk, :l:bk:blk/:x

:d:fp/:fk/:bk, :l:r :bk:blk

:bp:d:l:bk:blk, :fk

anti-teleports:

*still at experimental phase*

I only showed 1 of these in the video (vs Smoke's tele at the end). I'll probably make a separate video to explain these so don't worry if you don't really understand some of them yet.

:l:fk Stance:d:r :bk:blk, :bp

:bp(whiff), :fk, :r:d:l:bk:blk

:fp:d :r:fp, :l:bk:blk

:l:r:fp(hold):r:r:d:r:bk:blk

:l:r:fp(hold):r:r:d:r:fp:blk

:l:r:fp(hold):r:r:l :bk

:l:r:fp(hold):r:r:l :fp:blk

credits to M_TRICKZz and REO for discovering the EN Baton Sweep reset. And also to Slips and 16-Bits for giving me the anti-Raiden option-select idea that made me start exploring this.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Great stuff, everyone should go hit the lab now with their respective characters and try do the same.

Great stuff, everyone should go hit the lab now with their respective characters and try do the same.
While it's true that this concept can probably be applied to the whole cast, not every character has a special move that grants an untechable knockdown at the ideal distance, normals that stay active for a very long time, a launcher that hits people who try to stay grounded and a safe armored move that can absorb up to 3 hits and lead to a reset on hit. Stryker has all those things and they work really well together.

If other characters try similar things, people will probably be able to just roll out of the way. But here they can't because of Baton Sweep. :) On some characters this basically guarantees a free B3 mixup and they can't do anything about it except try their luck with a wake up attack or take the pressure/mixup.

Tong Lung

What is a breaker?
While it's true that this concept can probably be applied to the whole cast, not every character has a special move that grants an untechable knockdown at the ideal distance, normals that stay active for a very long time, a launcher that hits people who try to stay grounded and a safe armored move that can absorb up to 2 hits and lead to a reset on hit. Stryker has all those things and they work really well together.

If other characters try similar things, people will probably be able to just roll out of the way. But here they can't because of Baton Sweep. :) On some characters this basically guarantees a free B3 mixup and they can't do anything about it except try their luck with a wake up attack or take the pressure/mixup.
Amazing find!; and while what you said is true, I'm still excited to see if this can be applied to other characters. Who knows, we might find something outlandish! (which is exactly what your find is!)

This might be a noob question but how can one find out if an attack is untechable? Do you put the training-dummy to roll? Would that be reliable?

This might be a noob question but how can one find out if an attack is untechable? Do you put the training-dummy to roll? Would that be reliable?
Yeah that's a good way to find out. :) If the CPU doesn't roll back then it's untechable.

Also ideally you want to use the fastest pokes but that stay active for the longest time. The longer the duration of the normal is the easier it is to connect with the opponent's hitbox.

Tong Lung

What is a breaker?
Yeah that's a good way to find out. :) If the CPU doesn't roll back then it's untechable.

Also ideally you want to use the fastest pokes but that stay active for the longest time. The longer the duration of the normal is the easier it is to connect with the opponent's hitbox.
Thanks, I went to practice mode with stryker to try this new tech and Im confused about the inputs, it seems to work randomly for me and most of the time I whiff the b3 and nothing comes out or if the 2 comes out their amour absorbs it.

How fast do you have to input the d,b,4+block,2 after the b3?
Do you input everything in one swift motion or do you input the b3 and ex baton sweep and delay the 2? Is there another way to go about?

I'd appreciate any kind of clarification or pointers to get it right.

Edit: After testing this some more it seems like I have to make a small dash to ensure that the b3 connects otherwise I get stuffed, I better take a second look at your vid :s

Yes, you need to dash cancel (or backdash) to get in a specific position before you poke. I didn't mention it because I thought the video speaked for itself. The thing is your normal has to "touch" them during their invincible frames. So you can't just throw random pokes at random distances and hope it will always work. That's why it's character specific. You need to adapt your pokes and your spacing to each character because each character has different types of wake up attacks.

vs Kung Lao's EN Spin for example, you can't dash xx B2 because B2 is too slow. So you either need to use dash xx 2 or stepback B2.

All of Kabal's wake up attacks have him standing and make him move forward, which is why dash xx B2 works on all his options. But Sindel for example can either Cartwheel or do a crouch fireball as wake up. B2 would obviously lose to the latter so it's better to use B3 instead. That will cover cartwheel, scream and crouch fireball.

vs Nightwolf's EN shoulder, B3, B2 and 2 are too slow or lose flat out to shoulder. That's why in the video you see me use D1. Crouch jab avoids Shoulder + makes contact with NW during his invincible frames so that triggers the EX move or X-ray. But EN baton sweep still loses to EN shoulder so that's why I used EN roll toss instead.

Using D1/D3 is more risky and more difficult because they don't stay active for long. And D3 can potentially still hit them if they stay grounded. So you don't want to buffer X-ray with D3.

Don't know if that's clear enough.

Tong Lung

What is a breaker?
Yes that's very clear I completely understand it now, especially after spending the last hour or so in the lab.

I even tried to do this with other chars but stryker seems to be the only one that is perfectly built for this.

I guess I didn't notice the dash cause I was too busy drooling over the discovery haha =D

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
this is amazing. I may have to start exploring stryker more, he was actually my 'main' for the first week(even before I knew about tym)till I started in on scorp and sz. Might be polishing my badge and starting from scratch with my forgotten homie. Killer stuff man. Truely shifts the paradigm of his meta game
Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
Very impressive........Good work man! I have to go to the lab to try it.......................

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
That works with most of the characters after sweep or after combo to reset them. Use string that comes out fast an hits even crouching opponent and buffer the X-ray(move with armor) after the first hit and then dial the rest of the string. Example:Liu Kang- b312(sweep)......f2X-ray(en flying kick)4. Make sure the firs hit misses if they just block so the X-ray will not come out. It will hit only if they try to hit you with wake up attack. It is specific for each character............Hit the lab......!!!!

charlieonline

Search "CaseyJones" for active profile.
First I'd like to give a huge shout out to Vulcan Hades for discovering what is possibly the single most badass thing about Stryker, the Vulcan Stryker baton anti wake up armor-through-your-shit-and-baton-sweep-you-again-for-butt-kicking-goodness.

Vulcan, you've got to give a name to this tech.

Now, I'vw tried to execute this and I must have the timing wrong. I do a baton sweep, dash and do b3 buffer ex baton sweep and then hit 2 and for some reason I cannot get the ex baton sweep to trigger.

I need a bit of help getting this going. Once I get the basic b3 ex baton 2 tech going I'll work on the alt versions for the character specific techs.

LEGEND

YES!
I definitely support the "Vulcan Counter" :D . If only there was a way to make it stick so ppl on stream can start using it :p
i'll try and get on stream on wednesday at the EGP local session

last week i got there late so i played off stream casuals with stryker

Status
Not open for further replies.