What's new

First Hit Bonus returns in Injustice -- Is it a fair mechanic?

G4S Ermacio

Orbs... Orbs everywhere
I like getting a first hit string into ex net into garunteed 80%+ with cyrax

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
i love the 1st hit bonus, it make players push right from start of a match.
if it is in injustice,im very happy about that

BrokenAngels00

Longtime Lurker
Considering no attacks from dashing (which is pretty crucial for combos), and wall bounces for extensions require meter, it seems like the first hit bonus would be a little too much of an advantage.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
I'm sure some characters will have a better chance at getting the first hit than others, just like in mk. But I do think its a unique feature that adds a sense of tension the very second the fight starts.

If its there, cool. If its not, no big deal.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
This is exactly why I think this tool is terrible.
One could make the point it helps with overall balance. The Mileena for instance, a mid tier character; but a good bonus to her is the quick ability to snag the first hit with a d4.

I'm just playing devils advocate here, I'm not strongly for or against the whole first hit mechanic.

theend1114

Mortal
BOTH characters start with no meter at all so first hit gives you one bar. I dont think its that big of deal breaker it didnt bother me that much on mk. Still dont waant it lol

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
I don't hate it initially but when a breaker is so powerful in MK9 that one bar you get is huge. Assuming the meter usage isn't so simple in Injustice with all the new ways to use your meter it should be fine.