What's new

FINAL ROUND XV Planning and Discussion!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
http://www.finalround.org/FRXV/index.cfm --- http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/mar-2-2012-final-round-xv-atlanta-ga-15th-anniversary.147005/

So who on the staff is going to make it to this? Any NE guys? I was really hoping you'd guys come down and help run some UMK3 or something. I am definitely going to be there this year and I won't have time to organize or run anything. I'll just be there watching and playing, at least that's how it looks right now. I really think this is going to be a big MK tournament and big event in general. I hope everyone who plays MK will show up, and it looks like A LOT of killers are coming. I'm gonna hype of the event as much as possible and I know you guys will too.

I know Pig has been talking to Larry (ShinBlanka) about MK9. So it seems a lot has been and is currently being ironed out. I need to talk to Pig about some shit still but everything is looking good so far. I don't know if you guys saw Pig's video but it's really informative about Final Round XV. I also think Pig should be added as TO for SE just so he can see this thread.

Tim Static

Adminerator
http://www.finalround.org/FRXV/index.cfm --- http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/mar-2-2012-final-round-xv-atlanta-ga-15th-anniversary.147005/

So who on the staff is going to make it to this? Any NE guys? I was really hoping you'd guys come down and help run some UMK3 or something. I am definitely going to be there this year and I won't have time to organize or run anything. I'll just be there watching and playing, at least that's how it looks right now. I really think this is going to be a big MK tournament and big event in general. I hope everyone who plays MK will show up, and it looks like A LOT of killers are coming. I'm gonna hype of the event as much as possible and I know you guys will too.

I know Pig has been talking to Larry (ShinBlanka) about MK9. So it seems a lot has been and is currently being ironed out. I need to talk to Pig about some shit still but everything is looking good so far. I don't know if you guys saw Pig's video but it's really informative about Final Round XV. I also think Pig should be added as TO for SE just so he can see this thread.
[MENTION=1]STORMS[/MENTION] [MENTION=58]9.95[/MENTION] [MENTION=255]Shock[/MENTION] [MENTION=9821]Dark_Rob[/MENTION] so they see this. make pig a TO & whats the status on VSM coming?

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I think...CD Jr and REO? I have had so little time to do any planning for anything lately, even the little tournament I'm trying to run I haven't been able to shape up right.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
[MENTION=1]STORMS[/MENTION] [MENTION=39]ZAQ[/MENTION] can you give Pig of the Hut TO status for the SE? He's been working on FR and talking to Larry a lot and he's been really helpful. Plus I need him in this thread.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Hey Juggs and Storms thanks for setting me a tournament organizer. Appreciate it

Juggs, Im down for discussion anytime or about anything. Right now Im trying to figure out the following:

Can I get uncapped data for a 4g CLEAR or any other 4G device to stream POOLS mk only

Regardless if I can there seems to be a big push by Dominicans, Morty, 16 bit, PL and others to get us to change ti back to where pools are spread out fri and sat and have top 8 on sunday through team Sp00ky . Their main concerns is that going through the GAUNTLET of the list of players attending all day and then doing top 8 could just prove to be too much for some as well as the amount of sand bagging from fri-sat. If we can get some pools out of the way this will alleviate that and allow people to relax and have more fun.

Either way I want to make sure we have an absolute sure fire guarenteed plan of how we are going to stream MK which is one of the reasons all of MK was moved to Sunday. I understand the top players concerns as well as everyone else who has voiced their opinion and I wanna respect their concerns so everyone coming is taken care of.

So this week I'll get the stream ironed out and hopefully tested in the venue by next week.

Lord of the fly has a sponsership (sort of LOL) with CLEAR 4g so im trying to see how we can use this effectively.

Pig Of The Hut

Just talked with Shin Blanka

MK9 will DEFINITELY be on Sunday pools and top 8

the only other option would be ALL POOLS on friday however we'd be given a shit amount of setups and probably go into 3-4am and the other problem with this is the fact that people have already started their planning and he doesnt want to move things around.

Saturday is full beyond belief and he has said 100x nothing will happen on Saturday.

Things changed when Atlus forked a $1000 pot bonus for KOF13 also NEC had 51, SCR had 80+ entries for KOF so they see growth there especially w the pot and pre registers and they have to account for this.

Best case scenario is all of MK9 to be Sunday

I'm still looking into the 4g option so we can possibly have 2 streams for Pools for MK on sunday. I want as much coverage as humanly possible

pig at what time would be the pools starting on sunday because i really don't know what to do i was thinking about drinving there friday and driving back sunday but i guess that will not be posible anymore so i guess i would have to fly there saturday and fly back sunday because i have to work monday

Pig Of The Hut

pig at what time would be the pools starting on sunday because i really don't know what to do i was thinking about drinving there friday and driving back sunday but i guess that will not be posible anymore so i guess i would have to fly there saturday and fly back sunday because i have to work monday
Pools will run w 6 setups and POOL A will start @ exactly 10am no later

He's told be there will be most likely 4 pools each running 32 man brackets

I'm thinking roughly this is what to expect :

POOL A 10-12
POOL B 12-2
POOL C 2-4
POOL D 4-6
top 8 7-9pm

I don't think each pool of 32 will take 2 hours at all w 6-8 setups LOL

But I'm saying this to be safe

Tim Static

Adminerator

POOL A 10-12
POOL B 12-2
POOL C 2-4
POOL D 4-6
top 8 7-9pm

Wish i could be there just to help...but a lil advice from me :):

Be ready for a large amount of people but always expect less lol. 4 pools of 32 would be great (but have even that many peoples regged so far?)

Make sure you buy a megaphone (or 2-3-4 of them) and have 3-4 dedicated people to helping you run pools. And of course, have fun. :)

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Sounds good Pig. It seems everyone will just need to be ready to play Sunday all day.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana

POOL A 10-12
POOL B 12-2
POOL C 2-4
POOL D 4-6
top 8 7-9pm

I don't know if this is the final time table, but once it is established you MUST stick by it no matter how early the pools get done. You can't have people scheduled for say pool B starting at Noon be dq'd because you started the pool early and they weren't there yet.

I can't tell you what a relief it was at EVO to know when I am to report to my pool and play then once I made it out of my pool, to report back at 6pm. I didn't have to wait standing around all day like SF4 in 2009. This is HUGE and must be handled this way seeing as MK is all day Sunday and people will start to get exhausted.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
I don't know if this is the final time table, but once it is established you MUST stick by it no matter how early the pools get done. You can't have people scheduled for say pool B starting at Noon be dq'd because you started the pool early and they weren't there yet.

I can't tell you what a relief it was at EVO to know when I am to report to my pool and play then once I made it out of my pool, to report back at 6pm. I didn't have to wait standing around all day like SF4 in 2009. This is HUGE and must be handled this way seeing as MK is all day Sunday and people will start to get exhausted.
Agreed. I was with my friends that day, they were bored as shit waiting for me... lol

Pig Of The Hut

ok whew i can post now

Yea thats not the set times however first pool will be 10am

The POOL info w all players will be released friday night w times etc

Pig Of The Hut

Hey Guys I need all TYM Staff or a representative to respond

Beerguyed and and i are making freshly brewed beer from scratch and we are bottling it w labels, etc etc

for the 21+ crowd coming to final round we want to give it out (in hotel rooms, not dare near the floor)

either in a random hidden select tourney or a real tourney before Final round tourney begins.

We are making two flavors and i was wondering if you guys wanted me to use one of them to advertise TYM. If so have someone design a label for me and i'll print out the TYM Kombat beer :)

if not ill just name it something else Kombat related like Bo Rai Cho Training Juice or D1 Spam

let me know :)

Tim Static

Adminerator
Pig Of The Hut Glad you finally saw this, Piggy :p

btw moved those 3 threads. fyi.

Thats also why we need a Tourney Chatter forum. leave the actual events in the events thread, but MM's, who's riding/rooming with who etc etc needs its own space imo. If you agree, TELL STORMS! lol

DanCock

Cock Master!!

Thats also why we need a Tourney Chatter forum. leave the actual events in the events thread, but MM's, who's riding/rooming with who etc etc needs its own space imo. If you agree, TELL STORMS! lol
i agree with this STORMS ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Pig Of The Hut i find out this week if im going. would you be willing to grab me some drinks if i do go?? ill need it for chilling and for tourney day (ill pay you back or even pre pay you).. also you think anyone would be up for some poker for cash while we also play casual mk?? since there will be 2 days of no mk tourney i wonder if anyone would want to play poker.. who knows :/ id love it.. lol drinking, poker and mk so much fun :D

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter

Still doesn't make sense to me... that's why the tournament forum is there! lol If we did things that way we'd have a sub-forum for MM's, room arrangements, etc... I'm all about what makes sense and it best for users but that I still do not understand. lol

Tim Static

Adminerator
Still doesn't make sense to me... that's why the tournament forum is there! lol If we did things that way we'd have a sub-forum for MM's, room arrangements, etc... I'm all about what makes sense and it best for users but that I still do not understand. lol
the events forum is for event threads, not like NEC12 and its main thread plus 7 or 8 seperate threads. so if every big tourney is gonna make for a handful more threads, they shouldnt take up space for other events imo.