What's new

Final Round XV: 5v5 - When, Where and How

R00KI30FTH3Y3AR

(S)teel (V)alley (K)ombat
Thank you so much, Medina! I didn't think when I first read the original thread that you might be able to get a live stream going, but this is news of the most excellent type! I look forward to watching the 5v5 as well as the money matches and casuals.

Plop

Noob
SWEET, your 5 hours behind. i can handle that.

Incase you wanted to stick the info up there for the sake of it then medina the stream is 11pm GMT (6pm EST) Thanks for helping my special self out with that.
I'm retarded with this stuff too, so just so i've got this straight, we (UK) are GMT right? So it's Sunday at 11pm for us?

Medina4life

Media Master
I'm retarded with this stuff too, so just so i've got this straight, we (UK) are GMT right? So it's Sunday at 11pm for us?
isn't is daylight saying hours or whatever? So there is a 4 hour difference between Eastern and GMT? so it should be 11 pm GMT on Saturday night? If not you will be an hour early which is okay, just be there at 11 pm GMT lol

Pokemon-style? LOL

REO: CDJr, I CHOOSE YOU!!
CDJr: daaaamn, daaaamn
REO: CDJr , use 130% corner reset!!
CDJr: Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!!!!
*very effective*
16Bit throws out Dizzy
I almost died

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Medina4life good choice streaming this and thanks for all of the work you've ALREADY put in to it. I'm actually looking forward to this more than the tournament, lmao.

BS3OOO

Noob
Pokemon-style? LOL

REO: CDJr, I CHOOSE YOU!!
CDJr: daaaamn, daaaamn
REO: CDJr , use 130% corner reset!!
CDJr: Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!!!!
*very effective*
16Bit throws out Dizzy
Lmao! I had to stop my self from laughing in the computer lab at my school....good stuff lol. But I can't wait to see what happens this weekend.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
I love how the banner is showing baby scorpion....

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm interesting

Medina4life

Media Master
i like that banner though... Good job Medina
haha I was wondering when someone would say something. The reason I choose Scorpion was because he is arguably the main character of the franchise. He gave it a catch phrase for Christs sake. However, I had difficulty extracting scorpion doing a spear throw because he arcs his body too much, and I didn't like how that looked. So I tried baby Scorpion and it worked perfect. Also, it was way easier to extract. Because I pulled it from a babality screen I captured, the background was black. When I put it into Photoshop I just loved the way it looked so I kept it. Thanks just wait until you see the replay slide.. Yup, I have dat instant replay tech ;)

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
haha I was wondering when someone would say something. The reason I choose Scorpion was because he is arguably the main character of the franchise. He gave it a catch phrase for Christs sake. However, I had difficulty extracting scorpion doing a spear throw because he arcs his body too much, and I didn't like how that looked. So I tried baby Scorpion and it worked perfect. Also, it was way easier to extract. Because I pulled it from a babality screen I captured, the background was black. When I put it into Photoshop I just loved the way it looked so I kept it. Thanks just wait until you see the replay slide.. Yup, I have dat instant replay tech ;)

much props.... looks solid...

Instant Replay Cam aka The Dammmmmmmmmmmmmm Cam ® ! (yes thats right Im claiming the name) BUT you will be certainly allowed to call it that for FR :)

Noob
You guys definitely aren't playing standard team match rules.

Team Tournament Rules:
* Each team must be composed of (X) members
* Each team can only have 1 of each character. No duplicates!
* Players must stick with their selected character throughout the entirety of the tournament
* Player order is set up blind via the ref prior to each set
* Sets are done Pokemon style: Winning player moves on to face next team's player until all players of one team are defeated
* 90 second rounds, best of 3 rounds, no handicap, no macros, no turbo, default bindings only

I'm just putting standard team match rules out there, the way you choose to play it is up to you at this point...and the event will be hype regardless.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
* Players must stick with their selected character throughout the entirety of the tournament

That's what I said and REO insisted they needed to counter pick.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
As a viewer and I could be wrong but I remember the chat agreeing with REO mostly when they were discussing the rules. As viewers seeing more than 1 character being used brings variety and adds another layer of strategy that I think comes off very well.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
I'm pretty much a retard when it comes to time zones as well, I live in Western Canada, when will it be streaming here?

Medina4life - is that Liu or the MK Dragon? Who is it eating? I like the border. (Both Scorpion and Liu are my mains xD)