What's new

FINAL ROUND XIV March 11-13, 2011 Atlanta, Ga. - UMK3!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Originally posted here: http://shoryuken.com/f7/final-round-xiv-march-11-13-2011-atlanta-ga-248676/

FINAL ROUND XIV

Friday, March 11, 2011 - Sunday, March 13, 2011

Location Hilton Atlanta Airport
1031 Virginia Avenue
Atlanta, GA

It's on once again people to bring to you the 14th installment of the longest running Fighting game tournament on the east coast! That's right folks Final Round is back for another year and this year we are going to make this an event you won't want to miss. We are moving to a new location for FR14. (i'm sorry justin Wong there's no tofu house near the new location) The Hilton Ballroom is a serious upgrade from the old hotel ballroom.

We have a EMS member "Scott Popular" aka "Negro Install" running a japanese ranbat tournament called FinalRoundBats and the winner of the finalroundbats in SSF4 will represent Japan at FR14. Great players like tokido and mago are recent winners of finalroundbats and I can't wait to see who comes to FR14.

There's are only 5 games (out of 8 ) that are comfirmed.

Tekken6
Super StreetFighter 4
BlazeBlu:CS
MeltyBlood:AA
SF2ST HDremix

Fugee spoke to Larry and he gave the OK for UMK3/MK2 to be ran at Final Round 14. Friday is going to be the only open day for them because SSF4, Tekken and MVC3 are probably going to eat up SAT&SUN. They are planning on running 2 streams this year and he said UMK3 will get some love on one of them.

FR2011 will not have more than 8 official games played this year. That doesn't mean there won't be a slight chance for unofficial games at FR14, but most likely only team tournaments will be added outside of the 8 official games. All team tournaments and unofficial tournaments will only happen on FRIDAY!

This year we are very excited to have TEAM SPOOKY as the our streaming host for FR14. The quality and production of their streams are well known throughout the FGC and now they will be broadcasting FR14 for all of the stream monsters! Get hyped!!!!!!!!!

Click here to see team spooky website: Team Sp00ky

Here's a trailer 1st FR14

It's time to get HYPED!!!!!

http://www.finalround.org/ Click the link to the left or go under the "Events" option at the top to get to the FR14 Sub Menu and click "Register." Registration is pretty much the same as last year except for a few key points:

1) We are now taking pre-reg for GAMES AND BADGES!

2) THERE WILL BE NO REGISTRATION DURING THE EVENT ON SATURDAY OR SUNDAY THIS YEAR. We're trying to expedite all of this to make it a little easier for everyone. The only line you'll have to wait in is the one to get your badge, which will be the same one to get into the event, which should now move way faster! There will be a registration period on Friday from 9am until 12:00 NOON, so if you can't get access to PayPal or a credit or debit card to pay securely online, you will have to register at the door on Friday! So pre-register online ASAP!

3) There is no more "pre-reg" list, as now in order to pre-register, you must also pay. We will start a "Who's Coming" thread in the forums to serve this purpose.

As usual, this is a manual process, so please allow up to 48 hours for your status to update - you will be able to see what games you have pre-registered and paid for. Contact me on the forums or through PM if there are any questions. Thanks!

Also be advised that we have an "EARLY BIRD" special entry badge fee of $25.00 (at the door will be $40) going on until October 31, 2010. Please take advantage of this great deal for your entry badges for FR14 while it still last. Holloween will be here before you know it folks! FR14 will be here before you know it and the hype is starting to build. Don't miss out on the start of the 2011 Major Tournament season at FR14! See ya in March Shawty!

-----

UMK3 will be run on Friday. As of right now I can only have plans of UMK3 on an XB360. If I can find someone who has a decent PC and MAME with UMK3 and MK2, that's obviously what I'll use.

Unofficial list of possible players:

UMK3:
1. OJuggernautO
2. subzerosmokerain
3. Marvirrasta
4. Techn9ne
5. Tim Static
6. STORMS
7. Li Joe
8. Rolltide
9. GoldenOreos
10. Fugee
11. Sweet Johnny Cage
12. Sugar/Derek
13. DC HUSTLE
14. Pig of the hut
15. Tom Brady
16. AC1984
17. xAKxRoyal Flush

Tim Static

Adminerator
I will try my hardest to be there, so if I can, we'll do Mame. COME ON PEEPS, LETS SUPPORT UMK3 and JUGGS TOO!!!

SZSR

Noob
In the workings of getting the cash but I think I can skip school that Friday. And it's only an hour away. I might get my butt handed to me in UMK3 but oh well, it's for the kommunity.

EDIT:I wrote it on the family calendar in pen, no getting rid of it now.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Not gonna lie... I'm with Tim on this one... I'll look in to it but I can't confirm anything right now.

techn9ne

Footsies
I think I might be able to make it to this one, Atlanta is only about 8 hours away for me. Plus I could see if a couple of my friends wanna go they live in gulf shores alabama.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Unofficial list of possible players:

UMK3:
1. OJuggernautO
2. subzerosmokerain
3. Marvirrasta
4. Techn9ne
5. Tim Static
6. STORMS
7. Li Joe
8. Rolltide
9. GoldenOreos
10. Fugee
11. Sweet Johnny Cage
12. Sugar/Derek
13. DC HUSTLE
14. Pig of the hut
15. Tom Brady
16. AC1984
17. xAKxRoyal Flush

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I will bump this thread every 10 days if there is no new posts, just so people don't forget about it!

SZSR

Noob
Bumping per the ten day rule above. I think i'm clinching any doubt of my being at the tourney.

SZSR

Noob
I have a question about the UMK3 tournament, will be non-pay like casual or will there be an entry fee? Because it's looking like I might be able to pay for the badge but not for any tournaments.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I have a question about the UMK3 tournament, will be non-pay like casual or will there be an entry fee? Because it's looking like I might be able to pay for the badge but not for any tournaments.
There's nothing wrong with going to play casuals. If you don't have the money to enter tournaments, at least go for the experience, meeting people and casuals.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
This a pretty rough estimate of people who either said they would try and be there, or something similar.

UMK3:
1. OJuggernautO
2. subzerosmokerain
3. Marvirrasta
4. Techn9ne
5. Tim Static
6. STORMS
7. Li Joe
8. Rolltide
9. GoldenOreos
10. Fugee
11. Sweet Johnny Cage
12. Sugar/Derek
13. DC HUSTLE
14. Pig of the hut
15. Tom Brady
16. AC1984
17. xAKxRoyal Flush
18. TwiztidWorld

If anyone is coming down and is familiar with running a tournament, please let me know. Also, any advice is greatly appreciated.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
*Bump*

UMK3:
1. OJuggernautO
2. subzerosmokerain
3. Marvirrasta
4. Techn9ne
5. Tim Static
6. STORMS
7. Li Joe
8. Rolltide
9. GoldenOreos
10. Fugee
11. Sweet Johnny Cage
12. Sugar/Derek
13. DC HUSTLE
14. Pig of the hut
15. Tom Brady
16. AC1984
17. xAKxRoyal Flush
18. TwiztidWorld
19. Heisclose
20. Lucky Day
21. I$AAC
22. LordOfTheFly

SZSR

Noob
Bad news, but I can't under any circumstance go to FR. Abridged reason: My mom kicked my dad out, he moved to New Jersey and quit his job (only provider to the family), older brother got two jobs, ended up wrecking one of our two working cars, more than 1K to get it out of the shop, wanted to get both MK9 KE and TE, mom isn't working, neither are me and my twin brother, the one working car is crapping up, tax return is only 4K, mom's gotta stretch that for a few months paying the bills. There's more but that's enough to give the overview. Yeah, not going to FR.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Only a little over a month away people, start making plans now! Remember, Venue Entry Fee $40 for Final Round 14, so be prepared for that!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Only two weeks away people! Can't wait to see everyone there!!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Revised list of players for UMK3:

UMK3:
1. OJuggernautO
2. subzerosmokerain
3. Marvirrasta
4. Techn9ne
5. Tim Static
6. Li Joe
7. Fugee
8. Sweet Johnny Cage
9. DC HUSTLE
10. Pig of the hut
11. Tom Brady
12. TwiztidWorld
13. Lucky Day
14. I$AAC
15. LordOfTheFly

C'mon North East guys! It would be amazing if you guys made the long trip!!!

I$AAC

Noob
So as most of you know the MK9 demo will be out by the time. I was wondering if you guys wanted to throw a mk9 demo tourney for kicks?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
So as most of you know the MK9 demo will be out by the time. I was wondering if you guys wanted to throw a mk9 demo tourney for kicks?
Wow good idea, we could definitely attempt this...

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
So should we run an MK9 demo tournament? Or just have the demo set-up and it just be played for casuals?

techn9ne

Footsies
Guys I hate to do this, but I gotta pull out of this tournament... I just got the intern of all interns that I wasn't expecting to get, so I can finish up school. No way can I pass this up.