What's new

Discussion Final MKXL Tier List (post yours!)

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
I personally would bump Buzzsaw up to the same tier as Tempest. Buzzsaw has arguably better pressure, mix, and better neutral. Imo Buzzsaw improves on a lot of Tempest matchups from all the things listed but Tempest has better damage, oki, and hat spin might be better than throwing hats depending on mu's. To me they really compliment each other.

P.S. I know tier lists should be based on mu charts and not tools but I just wanna point out that I did say how those tools help each variation excel in mu's

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Summoner and Sorcerer Quan are where they are because they have some of the most insane offense in the game. Their weakness is defense, so it forces the opponent to go on the offensive, which is where Quan outguns almost everyone. That's why I believe Quan Chi's weakness isn't as easily exploitable as it may seem.

Hunter Predator is where he is because he shares Quan's weakness of shit defense without smothering offense, Predator's base normals are pretty meh, and his rushdown and zoning both aren't really much. Not only can't he wake up, but Predator's back walk is absolutely terrible. His setplay took a hit with two hit armor becoming the norm but it's still pretty strong. Which is why he's not in C tier, I believe the character fits the description of where I have him.

Considering moving up Buzzsaw Lao, Spectral Ermac, Hollywood Cassie, and Racenous Mileena.

Considering moving down Kenjutsu Kenshi, Pretty Lady Leatherface, and Necromancer Shinnok.

Also Cyrax is staying where he is, armor and tech roll buddy.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Summoner and Sorcerer Quan are where they are because they have some of the most insane offense in the game. Their weakness is defense, so it forces the opponent to go on the offensive, which is where Quan outguns almost everyone. That's why I believe Quan Chi's weakness isn't as easily exploitable as it may seem.

Hunter Predator is where he is because he shares Quan's weakness of shit defense without smothering offense, Predator's base normals are pretty meh, and his rushdown and zoning both aren't really much. Not only can't he wake up, but Predator's back walk is absolutely terrible. His setplay took a hit with two hit armor becoming the norm but it's still pretty strong. Which is why he's not in C tier, I believe the character fits the description of where I have him.

Considering moving up Buzzsaw Lao, Spectral Ermac, Hollywood Cassie, and Racenous Mileena.

Considering moving down Kenjutsu Kenshi, Pretty Lady Leatherface, and Necromancer Shinnok.

Also Cyrax is staying where he is, armor and tech roll buddy.
i think Hunter is doper than you are giving him credit for, I dropped Cyrax for him before I dropped MKX and wish I had done it sooner

TamedLizard

Buff George
All variations of Reptile should stick together imo. His variations don't really change his solid core at all, and using a different variation only very slightly alters his MUs.

What does Deceptive and Noxious lack? Nimble's damage/corner carry? Is that why they're in a lower tier?

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Ravenous is better than Piercing man.
Also Spectral is on the same, if not better level than Mystic.
I think Hunter, Lasher, and Brood Mother are slept on too and could possibly go one tier higher.

Also I've always wondered; Who is the worst character (all variations included) in this game?
And is there such thing as a 10-0 match up across any variations?
This is so fucking wrong. I don't even know what to say.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
i think Hunter is doper than you are giving him credit for, I dropped Cyrax for him before I dropped MKX and wish I had done it sooner
I could see him being better than the characters I have him ranked with I just think he's worse than the characters above him. There are a lot of characters like that, so for all of them i decided to lowball it.

Wigy

There it is...
Cant demo get zoned out in some matchups fairly hard this patch?

Ive seen scar switch to smoke cause of this a number of times last patch when she was stupid AF.

Also FINALLY, someone puts dragonfire in S tier. That character flys under the radar so hard.

List looks really good to me bar a few but i dont have the MU experience to really dispute it.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Ravenous is better than Piercing man.
Also Spectral is on the same, if not better level than Mystic.
I think Hunter, Lasher, and Brood Mother are slept on too and could possibly go one tier higher.

Also I've always wondered; Who is the worst character (all variations included) in this game?
And is there such thing as a 10-0 match up across any variations?
10-0 means that it's literally impossible for a character to win against another, it's not a thing.

8-2s however I feel are present: Bo Rai Cho has a really hard time beating Grand Master Sub Zero and HQT Predator.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
10-0 means that it's literally impossible for a character to win against another, it's not a thing.

8-2s however I feel are present: Bo Rai Cho has a really hard time beating Grand Master Sub Zero and HQT Predator.
Bo' Rai Cho vs Sub-Zero is 5-5 or 6-4 Sub, 8-2 is absolutely insane. The only variations that Grandmaster beats 8-2 are Wrestler Jax, maybe Blood and Sub God Kotal. Piercing vs Balanced is probably pretty close as well.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
All variations of Reptile should stick together imo. His variations don't really change his solid core at all, and using a different variation only very slightly alters his MUs.

What does Deceptive and Noxious lack? Nimble's damage/corner carry? Is that why they're in a lower tier?
Yeah, I think Nimble's tools are more effective in the current version of the game. But every Reptile plays so differently, where they are ranked is probably gonna be based on how the player wants to spend their meter. Reptile is kinda unique in that way.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Bo' Rai Cho vs Sub-Zero is 5-5 or 6-4 Sub, 8-2 is absolutely insane. The only variations that Grandmaster beats 8-2 are Wrestler Jax, maybe Blood and Sub God Kotal. Piercing vs Balanced is probably pretty close as well.
Dude Bo has nothing to get past the clone, nothing. He also has an incredibly hard time punishing Sub's b2 and dealing with his mobility.

The MU isn't as bad if Bo Rai Cho has the stick thing, true, but otherwise it's a butchery. I'll take Jax over Bo Rai Cho to fight Grand Master anyday.