What's new

Tech Fighting against crouching chars with kung lao

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
but if they didnt block the late 3 you will have sacrificed 43% damage. there is no reason for you to take the risk of a teleport for just a standing 3 that might hit unless it has a good reward you shouldnt be taking that risk.
it works if u can tell that they are going to recover in time to block. it also creates space.

Perfect Legend

Imo u are 100% right. Kung lao is not safe. Iv been playing KL this whole time and i know what u are talking about.

EXtele : Dash back, Jump over, Jump back. = KL loses meter.

Tele : Not safe at all. Uppercut will answer to that 100%. or you can crouch and combo him from there. ( easy to time )

Kung lao is all about pressure to me and with these uppercuts, crouchin characters/players, dashing back, makes it all go away. All i have left divekick close and have a 50/50 change. and a spin who scares the living shit out of everyone. yeah right!

KL is only top char coz PL won evo x2. Imo PL was way better than others in 2011 / 2012 ( not because of KL, because his mind game )

Pls dont give a answer that do Bird lao. Try to BL kenshi kabal cyrax and then lets have a talk.

This text is my opinion of KL. I might be wrong or right. No disrespect to anyone.

Peace, Love & Mortal Kombat!

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Its the same damn combo pretty much every time!

Kung Lao's 21 gets ducked by all crouch normals in the game he can't counter poke anything. Chars can literally walk up to his face with d3, d3, d3 repeat and he cant do anything about it that isnt unsafe or slow.

Its not hit confirmable. I of all people should know.
Can you do that stupid 21212121212 string after blocking a d3 and catch people trying to spam it? What about using your own d3 after a blocked d3 (then maybe throw off it)? If people are crouching non-stop and giving you problems I think counter poking to get some advantage and throwing is a decent option to annoy them to the point where they change what they are doing.

I imagine EVO pros writing everything down and studying + memorizing it while sitting on the toilet, to make sure that PL doesn't win EVO 2013.
(The part with the toilet was sooooo unneccessary.)

coolwhip

Noob
Can you do that stupid 21212121212 string after blocking a d3 and catch people trying to spam it? What about using your own d3 after a blocked d3 (then maybe throw off it)? If people are crouching non-stop and giving you problems I think counter poking to get some advantage and throwing is a decent option to annoy them to the point where they change what they are doing.
The problem is Kung Lao doesn't get anything after a D3 on hit if he decides to follow it with any of his strings, so the opponent can just D3 you back (his D3 goes under standing 2 and standing 1). I think the same would happen if you try to throw.

The problem is Kung Lao doesn't get anything after a D3 on hit if he decides to follow it with any of his strings, so the opponent can just D3 you back (his D3 goes under standing 2 and standing 1). I think the same would happen if you try to throw.
Yessssssssssssssssssss

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
How about this:

If your opponent is neutral ducking, d3 will be +10 on hit, that allows you to get another free d3, which gets you another, until they start blocking.

Once they start blocking, you can dash in 21 or throw or whatever.

How about this:

If your opponent is neutral ducking, d3 will be +10 on hit, that allows you to get another free d3, which gets you another, until they start blocking.

there are tons of situations where people have to respect kung lao's 9 frame d3, it becomes 5 frames with 24 on hit, if they block your second d3 they can d3 or d4 you back and then they can start their pressure. it basically comes down to kung lao cant take advantage of + frames and his bad matchup can because of a mid, better pokes or whatever it is they do to give kung lao problems. that is why kung lao needs to spin now and then if he doesnt want to give up pressure.

But this is based on the fact that you dont want to give up pressure and only want to play the point blank game, in that case you will have to spin.

Yeah but if you read that they are blocking, then you can 21 or throw or something.

It adds a guessing game.
well its not something that isnt known already, but the point is this is too easy to counter for the little reward you are getting.
you can always throw during pressure and throws will always be a good tool in bad matchups.

there are just better ways to condition to them to stand up or block. and people should just accept the fact that kung lao doesnt have a mid and use the other tools he does have to play the game, which isnt even that bad.

coolwhip

Noob
How about this:

Yeah, obviously. I don't think anyone is saying Kung Lao has zero options in the counter-poking game, but he doesn't get much off of his d3, and a lot of times the KL player has to resort to crossing the opponent up after a D3 on hit, or cross over into a teleport and the usual other KL shenanigans.

But yeah, you're right. It's not like an opponent will just sit there, neutral duck and mash d3 all days. If he does that, you can force him to respect your own D3 and as you said, that opens up other options.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Wanting to pressure with kung lao like he is cage. Thats the real problem here. Its not like lao needs to go crazy nuts on characters up close anyway. All you have to do is utilize the mobility and everything else. I dont see how you can complain about anything with lao just cause None of his launchers hit mid. Big whoop. 90% of characters in this game dont have anything near the tools that lao has. You, PL, have won 2 world championships with lao not needing this so called crouching problem fixer. Hes not a pressure machine like cage. He uses his mobility, meter building, and other threats to completely immobilize the other character or scare them into moving/doing unsafe things. Take rain for example. My d3 is negative on hit. You think in a correct world i get anything off that? It turns my 4 into a 12 frame move that on whiff is comboable for days. I dont have mobility, i dont have projectiles, ALL that i have is mediocre pressure and super armor. Lao makes rain look like the kid that rides the short bus.

EDIT- And just something to add idk if its been said but i havent full read a lot of the thread. If you d3 on hit and people are really poking you afterward its not like you have to risk with spin or anything. You notice it, block their poke that would duck your string and then you will most likely hit 21, 24, or 1121. If they think they are getting these d3s off for free after yours then they are also not just gonna neutral crouch after their d3. Giving you the ability to use your 7 FRAME string.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Perfect Legend

Imo u are 100% right. Kung lao is not safe. Iv been playing KL this whole time and i know what u are talking about.

EXtele : Dash back, Jump over, Jump back. = KL loses meter.

Tele : Not safe at all. Uppercut will answer to that 100%. or you can crouch and combo him from there. ( easy to time )

Kung lao is all about pressure to me and with these uppercuts, crouchin characters/players, dashing back, makes it all go away. All i have left divekick close and have a 50/50 change. and a spin who scares the living shit out of everyone. yeah right!

KL is only top char coz PL won evo x2. Imo PL was way better than others in 2011 / 2012 ( not because of KL, because his mind game )

Pls dont give a answer that do Bird lao. Try to BL kenshi kabal cyrax and then lets have a talk.

This text is my opinion of KL. I might be wrong or right. No disrespect to anyone.

Peace, Love & Mortal Kombat!

BL destroys Kenshi harder than most other characters lol, Cyrax dont really have a true answer to it either.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
i don't know if im correct here but, despite lao's d3 being slower than others...it does seem to have quite a bit of range to it tho...

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
Oh look! Perfect Legend has graced us with his presence again!

I love how you pop in like once a month to bitch about something/someone, this time you decided to be an elitist prick and mock combo vid guys.

Get fucked. How about that? These guys are always a positive influence on this community. Unlike most "top" players not unlike yourself.

If you wanted to discuss crouching against Lao, awesome. But of course you got to wag your Mk big Dick around and belittle someone first.
go f*ck urself, how about that ?