What's new

Fight stick or controller

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Pretty much every post is saying the same thing... it dosn't matter on a technical level what you use, you can be good with anything.

Even so, there is something awesome about a good hefty stick. The weight, the look, the feel. For me it enhances the entire experience and makes me feel more connected. Also I'm 6f5 and pads are frickn tiny in my hands!

I'm on Xbox but might wait for new systems to come out again and stick with Sony
There are plenty of Xbox sticks. Some googeling will show you..

Hori, Qanba / Eightarc, Madcatz, Razor... all great sticks.. just check their websites.

Also Youtube and shoryuken.com have tons of reviews, but they tend to be aimed at collectors and people really sold on sticks and looking for the top quality.

I can adapt to new things if I got stick just stay in practice for a week till I get use to it I'm competitor but just thinking stick instead of staying pad cause my RB always gets jammed so don't wanna keep buying more controllers so with stick I can fix it atleast
yeah it's super easy to swap out the buttons on most sticks. I'd also recommend trying out some different buttons/levers to see what you like. There's a pretty drastic difference between a Sanwa stick and something using a hayabusa lever/buttons. Also try to figure out what kind of restrictor plate you want, square is what I use and is pretty good for all games(also what I'd recommend for MK), but if you're into tekken an octagon is pretty much required, and any characters with circle motions benefit from a circle plate(looking at you zangief). So if you try something and it feels "off" in some kind of intangible way try out some different parts, they make s big difference.

Also still kinda annoyed at the mastered comment but I'll just chalk that up to people calling everything "amazing" or "epic" when it's just moderately interesting.
Thanks for sharing your opinion :)
I can adapt to new things if I got stick just stay in practice for a week till I get use to it I'm competitor but just thinking stick instead of staying pad cause my RB always gets jammed so don't wanna keep buying more controllers so with stick I can fix it atleast
I understand that then if you constantly have to buy new controllers. Would be worthwhile for you to try it then. Never really had buttons jam on me like that. I play ps4 though, Idk if that's common for Xbox controllers. But best of luck to whatever you do decide on going with.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing your opinion :)

I understand that then if you constantly have to buy new controllers. Would be worthwhile for you to try it then. Never really had buttons jam on me like that. I play ps4 though, Idk if that's common for Xbox controllers. But best boffins luck to whatever you do decide on going with.
Well damn I should've bought ps4 now I know test bumpers on controllers when you are buying a system:DOGE:):)

Sure, in IV it's brain dead, and buffered kara demon in 3S was too, but raw kara demon in 3S was a damn pain to get down.
yeah I'll give you that. I kinda forgot about that and just assumed you meant in 4. Apologies.

I was like 8 when I started playing that game and my parents owned an arcade. I'd literally sit on that machine practicing hk, lp, lp, fwd mp, lk, hp for forever. Took me a long time(kids suck at games).

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I was like 8 when I started playing that game and my parents owned an arcade. I'd literally sit on that machine practicing hk, lp, lp, fwd mp, lk, hp for forever.
That sounds like a dream of mine, um lets just pretend when I was a kid.

tafka Djinn

One for three off the roof
yeah I'll give you that. I kinda forgot about that and just assumed you meant in 4. Apologies.

I was like 8 when I started playing that game and my parents owned an arcade. I'd literally sit on that machine practicing hk, lp, lp, fwd mp, lk, hp for forever. Took me a long time(kids suck at games).
No worries, I can totally understand you assuming 4, given that was the last time he was out it makes complete sense to have done so actually. :D

Maaaaaan, that's awesome! I had to save my allowance to get practice time, so learning that as a kid took forever. Doing that in the arcade is a large part of why to this day I prefer stick with a bat top, and octagonal gates. It being what I grew up on for fighters really made it my comfort zone.

Last edited:

shura30

Shura
pad: you're basically already set up with whatever comes with a new console
stick / hitbox: welcome to compatibility hell

I play with stick but kinda wish I did learn a pad just because each time new hardware is released you have to either find pads to hack or buy a new expensive fightstick