What's new

Few days left and still NO NEWS ABOUT ONLINE

You know how it works..

Boon: Look, lets talk about the money first, buy the game, then we'll talk about the online.

Remember how Boon said MK 9 would have superior online to any other fighter out there?? :D :D :D
^This

People just want them to say "it's the best netcode evarrr" so they can get all hype and be upset when it's not :).

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Sooooooooooo you prefer to ignore detailes of the game and make them a surprise .......so I have to asume you are sad because you how the entire cast of the game, and story mkde detais, S.T.A.R. labs, game mechanics,etc,etc.....Of course you have not played the DEMO! uh?C'mon don't justify everything NRS do.

Ignore details? You're truly putting words in my mouth. It's 5 days away, what is breaking down KOTH and the wager system and crap like that gonna do? It just gives us details that we can learn in less than 5 days ourselves. I don't need them to spell out how leaderboards or skill points work because I can explore the game myself and learn on my own.

You're making it sound like I wanted no details beyond the initial announcement, I'm saying it's 5 DAYS AWAY FROM RELEASE and people are still complaining about not having EVERY SINGLE DETAIL ABOUT EVERY SINGLE THING.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
I can't describe in words how happy your sig makes me.

I thought I was the only one <3.

Also: Online is gonna be a fucking mess for at least the first week. You all know this.
The servers are gonna be so damn full, it'll be a day before you even get a game.
lol you love R&C? I want an mk sig badly myself. But yeah online ain't that serious for me...I live in Chicago:p.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
SF4's net code is ass.
This. That game's netcode is booty bollocks. It's built for Japan's infrastructure.

Judging from the changes made to everything online-based, as well as just the game's changes in general, I have decent hopes for the netcode. Me moving into a new house with better internet capabilities will make the netcode that much better for me. :D

eolson3

Noob
I recall, back when info was still sparse, that there was an interview in which is was indicated that there was something like 9 months spent entirely on the online modes. I don't know if there is any truth to that, or if that is short or long relative to other titles, or if it will turn out any good, but that sounds encouraging to me.

I am bummed about the lack of tag team :( Such a good way to play with unfamiliar players and still have fun. A true party mode. Though I am excited for the tournament mode. I played that mode a lot on UMK3 and some of the DBZ titles.

E

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
lol you love R&C? I want an mk sig badly myself. But yeah online ain't that serious for me...I live in Chicago:p.
<3 <3 <3 R&C. I own 'em all, beat 'em all, cleared 'em all...except All 4 One, that game was just...ass. Complete ass.
Deadlocked was by far and away my favorite. One of my favorites games of all time <3.

I would fucking LOVE a tournament mode...

tazzmission

Banned
Online is always gonna be online no matter how good the net code is.

There's player match, ranked match, KOTH, online training mode (confirmed in achievements) what else do you need lol
i believe a video was released mentioning such a thing. i think ( not sure) its on ign

eolson3

Noob
In 10 years they won't even release games, they'll just make a movie of someone playing it and going through all its modes and sell that for $60.
That's practically what I do now :( Watch vids of good players playing games that I like, but have no time to become halfway decent at.

E

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
If anyone is expecting lagless play, don't get your hopes up. It's entirely dependent upon both players' connections. Obviously there's a bunch of room to improve upon when compared to mk9, but nobody should be disappointed if they experience lag at any time.

All I know is when people say the netcode is awful the first week dont let that drive you off.

With all the people heading online it's bound to clog up.

C-Sword

Noob
There's definitely input lag. There's only a handful who are playing it online right now, so it could just be the connection between those users. Compared to mk9 though, its a step up.​

This thread is valid though.. I remember a tweet or video or something stating they had more information to release including the online stuff closer to the release date.

However, they might be pissed about the game leaking and have decided to just wait for the release.

Pound IC

Noob
There's definitely input lag. There's only a handful who are playing it online right now, so it could just be the connection between those users. Compared to mk9 though, its a step up.​
Where are you reading this? Hopefully it's good enough that you don't have to practice completely different timing for combos online and offline like mk9

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
_CHINOCUDEIRO_
From the Injustice Demo Ending Trailer
Under the Xboxlive tab you have these options: Ranked Match, Player Match, Private Match, Join Room, Create Room, Leaderboards and Hero Card.
Also during KOTH we will be able to "Choose the outcome of the match," by picking if the King or Rival will win and wheter or not they'll meet the conditions of the challenge in place.

Dandy J

i can see all the amine
Maybe if it's akin to TTT2 or if it has GGPO, that would suffice.
yeah ttt2 online spoiled everyone. well, actually i shouldnt say that, because really everyone should be held to that standard. but really even if someone said something, you cant really trust most people to judge it accurately, so you might as well wait until its out and judge for yourself. or do what i will, which is keep that online pass locked and stocked until you get word from someone you trust.