What's new

Strategy Feel The Wraith! - Zod Trait Set Ups

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
I started messing with 11d2 with trait today. I feel like Zod's trait can potentially take strings that normally don't combo and make them combo-able. Needs more testing.
I edited my post to include my combo. 11d2, 4, 34, 34, 112 ender of choice.

You can also skip the 34 34 and just do d2, then d4 to reset them standing, at which point you can 112 side arm for plus 17.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Wraith anti airs.

hence the 5%. That's all a wraith tickle does. If Zod's close enough you dont want to jump at all....but how about a MB B3!!!

The whole point of what i've been saying is that you arent just holding back when the wraith is out. I dont think it's nearly as scary as people think.

Johnny2d

My midscreen meterless bnb is f21u2, db1, dash, 213, trait. If they wakeup attack punish with the monster grab. If they don't you can use the 11d2 bnb I posted, or you can just mix up a low starter or the overhead grab. This takes guessing correctly if they will or won't wakeup attack, but I'm used to this from playing shazam.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Johnny2d

If they manage to block your rushdown with the monster active throughout the traits duration you can try to end with 11d2, which is plus 5, and then back dash away or jump back and meter burn a db1. Another option is to jump up and air dash, bf2. This will send you accross the screen as a get away, but if they happen to jump, your 1 frame air grab will beat almost anything. So, he has a lot of mixups to get away after trait is over too, to get you back to safely zoning while your trait charges itself.

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
My midscreen meterless bnb is f21u2, db1, dash, 213, trait. If they wakeup attack punish with the monster grab. If they don't you can use the 11d2 bnb I posted, or you can just mix up a low starter or the overhead grab. This takes guessing correctly if they will or won't wakeup attack, but I'm used to this from playing shazam.

I wouldn't use 213 to finish strings, they can tech roll, which delays how fast your trait can catch up to them and attack. Ending combos in 123 or 12 cancelled to Wraith Summon ends in a hard knockdown, with them waking up to a wraith behind them.

Johnny2d

I wouldn't use 213 to finish strings, they can tech roll, which delays how fast your trait can catch up to them and attack. Ending combos in 123 or 12 cancelled to Wraith Summon ends in a hard knockdown, with them waking up to a wraith behind them.
Yup, makes sense :)

Johnny2d

hence the 5%. That's all a wraith tickle does. If Zod's close enough you dont want to jump at all....but how about a MB B3!!!

The whole point of what i've been saying is that you arent just holding back when the wraith is out. I dont think it's nearly as scary as people think.
I meant the wraith grab anti airs so you can't jump if he is close or far away or whatever, and as I'm sure you know that hits for way more than 5%.

Not scared of zod's trait? Thats fine, the point of the thread isn't to decide and prove to everyone if it is good or how good it is, its to share set ups.

You are right that a mb b3 would stuff a setup... but that's universal, a mb b3 stuffs a lot of things lol but how practical is it to mb b3 frosts slide or doomsdays charge etc, and if the zod player is smart they can make it just as hard to see coming. Just because a person can mb a b3 doesnt mean a setup isn't good or his trait is useless. You make a good point that the person isn't just helpless like they have no options and zod players need to respect that, but man, there is a lot of dirt he gets with trait so lets keep finding, sharing, and testing ideas.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman

Even if he's max screen, you can Wraith Bite on reaction to things, dash in, and b3 for full combo(about 35% without meter I think)

Anything that makes the opponent question using a button that hard is a powerful tool. It's the power of control.