What's new

Strategy Feel The Wraith! - Zod Trait Set Ups

insignis

Noob
the only problem with trait is you can't use demon immidiately after summon.

and won't you be punished for b1,2~trait, pressure ? I mean it doesn't look you have such big advantage.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
By the way, it's impractical, but MB Ground Blast has huge advantage and forces them far away. Excellent time for trait methinks, though have not tested. Just incase someone drops a combo and opponent wakes up blocking it.

XxXAntiJoshXxX

Herpetologist - The Study of The Reptillian
My current setup:
Jump2, 1,1,2, Close Ex Laser, Jump2, Back 2,3, 3----> cancel into Trait or Slow Kryp Rifle.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Yeah, people are using b1 2 trait when people actually land b1 2. I really don't like that. Creating a setup like this requires a LOT of frames, and if it's blocked, Zod does not have these frames. I know I mentioned it before, but b2 3 d2 j2 xx Kryptonian Laser seems like the best bet. Or even f2 1 u2 Laser, but I prefer b2 since step kick makes for some delicious combos.

PANDA

*Supreme Member*
People of Zod. If you're just doing vanilla b1,2 xx trait without any hard KDs its not a good idea.
Developing muscle memory for b12 xx trait can leave you at a disadvantage

Also OP updated with trait set-up tech
IMO, ending a combo with 123 xx trait is the best option ATM.

Discuss Zod Trait Set-ups Here.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

But if they're far away, you can slash a few times and use bite, then dash in, and they remain helpless. They can beat you up if they're close.
That depends where you attach the trait. Besides, Zod with Wraith WANTS to be close range since that's the only time he can have good mixups.

That depends where you attach the trait. Besides, Zod with Wraith WANTS to be close range since that's the only time he can have good mixups.
I favor a crazy head-on attack, but I see where you're coming from. Sorry, I just wanted to see what you were talking about. I didn't mean to come off as dickish.

Swoops

Noob
Zod up close with wraith is better, but wraith at a distance is still pretty solid. Zod can still put a MB laser anywhere on the screen. It's not super threatening, but you still have to watch out for a +15 low plus a lot of chip if wraith is out. Even if you're far away and the opponent does the smart thing and stand blocks and tries to react to the low, you can still put a slow Zodball out and rush in with time to spare on wraith.

EpitomicaL

I play for FUN!
The video below demonstrate some of the ways to set-up Zod's trait. Note not all setups are shown, this is just to showcase the ones I know. Feel free to try this yourself and tell me how it goes; check out my channel for more-http://www.youtube.com/apostrophise

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
USELESS USELESS!??????????When trait is active the opponent is struck where he is he can't move he can't do anything, Zod charge becomes safe you have all the time in this world to setup an air forceball .You can MB laser beam or just charge the normal laser then bite and combo, you can cancel the laser and go with a SAFE charge, he's forced to stand because of the bite so use your guns WHILE the wraith beats the fuck out of him or rush him if he's close enought.

Jump and take 5%...wraith disappears. I'm sure people will start playing this character at a high level and the setups will be good, but I just dont see the wraith being all that great.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Jump and take 5%...wraith disappears. I'm sure people will start playing this character at a high level and the setups will be good, but I just dont see the wraith being all that great.
Wait, they jump and take 5%? Don't you mean they jump and eat a full combo from bite?

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
Is there any counter to the trait? I know he can't hit with it if he is hit, like Sinestro. But that is not very viable.

Seems like its 4 seconds of you holding back and on reaction, stopping low lasers.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Wait, they jump and take 5%? Don't you mean they jump and eat a full combo from bite?

Depends on if they waste time trying to tickle you.

The second you block a slap from the wraith, backdash. If Zod think's hes geting in for free, use a quick poke then go back to blocking.

This is sort of hard to put into words...there's a meta game when the wraith is out. Anyone who says youre stuck holding back is wrong. You have to make Zod work for his damage. Sure, you're going to take some damage here and there, but everything in this game is a god damn 50/50 anyway. Gamble away! Fuck that wraith.

Side note: Aquaman mainers should love fighting Zod. It's gotta be a 6-4 in AM's favor. You can water shield the wraith on reaction and completely nullify it. You also out zone him, and have a better inside game.

I discovered that if you attack with the wraith while you are doing a throw the opponent will eat 7% completelyUNBLOCKABLE damage. So let's say you end a combo with F213 then you summon the wrait you can go with charge(blocked)-trait-throw-trait(you'll be knocked to the ground and you opponent take 7% no matter if he tries to teach the grab or not) so you wake up with charge then trait:you have again enough advantage to attemp a second throw,if they teach that they'll take 2% because meanwhile the wraith has disappeared.
So it's (1,38 first charge +1,54 first wraith attack+ 7% throw with trait+ 1,38 wakeup charge+ 1,54 second trait attack+2% last teached grab if they don't teach it it's 11% = 16% damage or 25% if they don't teach the last grab, unless they use armor against the first charge).

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Depends on if they waste time trying to tickle you.

The second you block a slap from the wraith, backdash. If Zod think's hes geting in for free, use a quick poke then go back to blocking.

This is sort of hard to put into words...there's a meta game when the wraith is out. Anyone who says youre stuck holding back is wrong. You have to make Zod work for his damage. Sure, you're going to take some damage here and there, but everything in this game is a god damn 50/50 anyway. Gamble away! Fuck that wraith.

Side note: Aquaman mainers should love fighting Zod. It's gotta be a 6-4 in AM's favor. You can water shield the wraith on reaction and completely nullify it. You also out zone him, and have a better inside game.
Still, Having the Wraith out makes jumping a completely unviable option, and that alone makes wraith a great tool. Besides, we need the Wraith....it's our only good overhead.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
People calling match-up numbers a week into a character's release? HOLY TIER LISTS, BATMAN!

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
MyTrait is useless!?!? I can't believe I read that here. Zod's trait is one of the best in the game for the following reasons.

It charges up on its own, very very quickly. While you fill the screen with projectiles, trait charges itself. If you'd like to use it at full screen you can put a slow projectile on the screen and put the demon out when they are in block stun or dodging your projectile.

Its easy to get out if you end your combo with trait rather than a special. Well worth it because of what you get with trait active.

With the monster out zod gets insane rush down. Yes I said it folks, zod gets INSANE rush down. Zod isn't a pure zoner, he also needs to get damage from being in and going to work off of 50/50s. He is more like reptile than freddy in this way. With the monster out you can jump at them and slap their dome with the monster to put them in block stun while you are air born. YOU CAN GET IN SUPER EASILY WITH THE MONSTER OUT because they can't jump, or crouch because you can grab them. They can't anti air you or do specials if you slap them with the monster. Once in you get a 50/50 by using either your low starter or the overhead grab.

With the monster out you can also do rune trap like blockstrings that when blocked do ok chip, but you can make it really hard to block by mixing up your low starter and overhead grab. Also the 11d2 combo is a great starter with his most plus blockstring. They should be afraid to go low because you can do overhead grab so its a great time to use 11d2.

I'm away from my computer so I just posted the link to my very practical bnb off of 11d2 trait. I know you won't just raw trait up in the neutral game but we've already covered how to get trait out.

So basically with monster out they are locked down and you get block strings and 50/50s for massive damage.

Also his trait doesn't go away when you get hit so it actually trades really well with anything. Even if you get swept and the monster grabs you have enough time to get up and then bnb of choice for massive damage.

The monster also anti airs.

Once it goes away you can go back to zoning and by the time you put a few force balls on the screen, maybe spend a bar of meter to fill the screen up with force balls, trait is already charged and the whole cycle starts again.

Imagine if sinestros trait charged itself, or if batmans bats didn't go away when he gets hit.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Trait is useless!?!? I can't believe I read that here. Zod's trait is one of the best in the game for the following reasons.

It charges up on its own, very very quickly. While you fill the screen with projectiles, trait charges itself. If you'd like to use it at full screen you can put a slow projectile on the screen and put the demon out when they are in block stun or dodging your projectile.

Its easy to get out if you end your combo with trait rather than a special. Well worth it because of what you get with trait active.

With the monster out zod gets insane rush down. Yes I said it folks, zod gets INSANE rush down. Zod isn't a pure zoner, he also needs to get damage from being in and going to work off of 50/50s. He is more like reptile than freddy in this way. With the monster out you can jump at them and slap their dome with the monster to put them in block stun while you are air born. YOU CAN GET IN SUPER EASILY WITH THE MONSTER OUT because they can't jump, or crouch because you can grab them. They can't anti air you or do specials if you slap them with the monster. Once in you get a 50/50 by using either your low starter or the overhead grab.

With the monster out you can also do rune trap like blockstrings that when blocked do ok chip, but you can make it really hard to block by mixing up your low starter and overhead grab. Also the 11d2 combo is a great starter with the monster out.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
I started messing with 11d2 with trait today. I feel like Zod's trait can potentially take strings that normally don't combo and make them combo-able. Needs more testing.