What's new

General/Other Feedback for my Catwoman!!

Hi TYM... i need help...

Let me tell you the situation... I won the first Injustice tournament of Argentina with my Catwoman... After that, he made another last weekend and lost against the same guy who had won in the first final... This guy improve his game tournament to tournament and his brother also. Both use Superman (main) and Black Adam.

The point is that on August 10th (Next Saturday), it is a very important (the most important) tournament in Argentina with a great prize. And after this match I lost, I know I have to improve to win...

Could give me your feedback about fights?

http://es-es.twitch.tv/pressstartba/c/2650839
4:27 (Winner's Semi-Final)
4:56 (Winners' Final, Loser's Final and Grand Final)

Some tips that I received:
- Make the "Ra Helio's Combo"
- Make d1~CatClaws ALWAYS
- Some more, I have not really wanted to write xD

as I always say, sorry for my "English" (if we can call English)

A big hug from Argentina!!!

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I can't watch it from my tablet! But you have umm... Problem with the match ups or something? I also speak spanish... If you want i can help you in spanish

Reborn

Noob
No hablo espanol, lo siento. :(

But a few things that I saw that could be improved:
- Pretty sloppy, lots of dropped combos, and wasted opportunities. You seemed to sharpen up after the first set so maybe you just needed a warm up?
- Don't use 11 112CD MB after a successful air to air j2. Use something like 12CD MB instead so you can get a little more damage AND a hard knockdown setup. (later you started ending your combos with b3 f3 for the HKD but still losing ~5% damage)
- Do not end your combo with trait unless it is to end the round. I cannot stress how important these hard knockdown setups are for Catwoman (and trait is also has better uses than as a combo ender).
- Some small questionable decisions (mainly be careful of waking up with CW, she gets blown up by jumping)

Other than that, I thought you did great! Solid spacing and air control with j2. Impressive double wiff f3 and interactable bounce extensions. Look forward to seeing more from you, good stuff.

EDIT: Also really good patience and blocking. Something I need to improve on personally

No hablo espanol, lo siento. :(

But a few things that I saw that could be improved:
- Pretty sloppy, lots of dropped combos, and wasted opportunities. You seemed to sharpen up after the first set so maybe you just needed a warm up?
- Don't use 11 112CD MB after a successful air to air j2. Use something like 12CD MB instead so you can get a little more damage AND a hard knockdown setup. (later you started ending your combos with b3 f3 for the HKD but still losing ~5% damage)
- Do not end your combo with trait unless it is to end the round. I cannot stress how important these hard knockdown setups are for Catwoman (and trait is also has better uses than as a combo ender).
- Some small questionable decisions (mainly be careful of waking up with CW, she gets blown up by jumping)

Other than that, I thought you did great! Solid spacing and air control with j2. Impressive double wiff f3 and interactable bounce extensions. Look forward to seeing more from you, good stuff.
thanks for your answer. This can be of great help.
You know what? I never know what to do after an air to air =P

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Just watched the first match against the Superman and I absolutely love how you are consistent with "evading" his lasers. That is so key in this MU. I also really like how on point and reactionary your Jump in's/air to air's were. Yeah you dropped a few things, which we all do, but had you not dropped those combo's/set ups, you would have won that first match. So far I like. ;)

RunwayMafia

Just watched the second match against the Superman...where you won. You have great spacing and patience. You blocked his F23~breath very well. Again, I love how you take the time to evade his lasers from full screen and your JI2's are great. You def. know what you are doing. Ra Helios take note ;)

Just watched the first match against the Superman and I absolutely love how you are consistent with "evading" his lasers. That is so key in this MU. I also really like how on point and reactionary your Jump in's/air to air's were. Yeah you dropped a few things, which we all do, but had you not dropped those combo's/set ups, you would have won that first match. So far I like. ;)
Is not making excuses, but days ago I was tell to Ninj: "my ps3 pad is a little damaged". I would like to buy an arcade stick, but in Argentina these things are very expensive. That's one of the reasons why dropping some combos (like when leaving b12 catstance :mad:). The other reason is because I'm a zombie =P

RunwayMafia

Is not making excuses, but days ago I was tell to Ninj: "my ps3 pad is a little damaged". I would like to buy an arcade stick, but in Argentina these things are very expensive. That's one of the reasons why dropping some combos (like when leaving b12 catstance :mad:). The other reason is because I'm a zombie =P
Yeah, I believe you, I noticed that B12 into cat stance 1...I know EXACTLY how it feels to play on something that your not used or is damaged.

I just watched the match against Black Adam and yes, you are winning because you have good fundamentals. That's the key. You were on point with blocking and your pressure was great. One thing I noticed however, if they are blocking the F112 string NEVER end it with Cat Dash...end it with Cat Claws. But yes...all in all you have what it takes to be a top player...spacing/patience/pressure and good footsies. I like!

RunwayMafia

I have to go to work so I'll watch the rest tonight. Are you the player that is visible in the "salt cam"? If so, Argentinian men are so cute! lol

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
Just watched the second match against the Superman...where you won. You have great spacing and patience. You blocked his F23~breath very well. Again, I love how you take the time to evade his lasers from full screen and your JI2's are great. You def. know what you are doing. Ra Helios take note ;)
He show me this already I have to watch it again. Because the video was laggy. Of course I always take notes dude. Tha how you become better. By watching people plY

Justice

Noob
A quick couple of things I noticed:

1. Work on a corner kombo or two. I noticed in a few places where you didn't seem to know what to do and let your opponent hit the ground or bounced them out of the corner.
  2. Trait should never be thrown out naked. The two best uses for Trait are as a kombo-ender (ideally to end a round/match as mentioned) or as a wakeup. I did see you start to use Trait on wakeup but it looked rushed. You threw it out when they were jumping over you and ended up whiffing it.
  3. Two Words: LOW WHIP! It's a great spacing tool and does kombo after a J2.
  4. Superman specific: That low command grab can be Low Evaded.
Other than polishing up your execution like all of us, I don't see a lot wrong here. Actually, we in NA can learn a few things from you since we think Superman is broke as fuck and you handled him nicely.

One tip for tournaments: try to have two controllers. One is your tournament controller that you only use for tournaments once it's broken in and the other is the practice one. As far as getting a stick, it won't automatically make you better. It takes time and practice like anything else. If you are comfortable with a pad, don't knock it. If you have tried a friend's stick and think it would be more of a fit for you, then start saving your pennies ;)

A quick couple of things I noticed:

1. Work on a corner kombo or two. I noticed in a few places where you didn't seem to know what to do and let your opponent hit the ground or bounced them out of the corner.
  2. Trait should never be thrown out naked. The two best uses for Trait are as a kombo-ender (ideally to end a round/match as mentioned) or as a wakeup. I did see you start to use Trait on wakeup but it looked rushed. You threw it out when they were jumping over you and ended up whiffing it.
  3. Two Words: LOW WHIP! It's a great spacing tool and does kombo after a J2.
  4. Superman specific: That low command grab can be Low Evaded.
Other than polishing up your execution like all of us, I don't see a lot wrong here. Actually, we in NA can learn a few things from you since we think Superman is broke as fuck and you handled him nicely.

One tip for tournaments: try to have two controllers. One is your tournament controller that you only use for tournaments once it's broken in and the other is the practice one. As far as getting a stick, it won't automatically make you better. It takes time and practice like anything else. If you are comfortable with a pad, don't knock it. If you have tried a friend's stick and think it would be more of a fit for you, then start saving your pennies ;)
TY for the tips. The Low Whip it's a nice tool... I ask myself if we can go under when Superman throws a lazer... **Run To the Lab**

I have only control ... if I could buy something, buy it one stick, no doubt.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Great thread so far guys, loving the positivity. tanosergio05 came to me the other day asking for tips and watching his gameplay was a pleasure. Here's what I wrote back to him in my PM (This is a couple of PM's back and forth, so get ready for a WALL OF TEXT!) Please feel free to question me or point out mistakes in my own logic/advice. First PM is from me to Tano:

1. Alright I've got some thoughts.

D1~CatClaws is great for anti-pressure at close range. I notice you are good at doing the D1 at the right time, but you don't follow it up with anything. D1-Catclaws is a safe option that, if it hits, leads into a full combo punish which is nice.

You rarely finish the B1,2,D3 combo - you typically do B1,2 into Catclaws. I'm wondering why you don't finish and do B1,2,D3,Catclaws?

My biggest criticism is combo damage optimization! Don't misunderstand - I think you're very good at your punishes, but you could be better. Ra Helios dash whiff in particular:http://testyourmight.com/threads/the-complete-combo-guide-to-catwoman.34372/ - Study these combos. If you're going to spend 1 bar of meter in a combo, do a dash whiff combo for significantly more damage.

Also, I notice you like to do the following:

B1,2 *pause* F1,1,2.

You do this a number of times even if you connect with the B1,2. I think you're trying to mix your opponent up because you typically punish for a full combo if you connect with F1,1,2. However, you're giving up a full punish when B1,2 hits since you could go into B1,2,D3,Catclaws - Ra Helios' dash whiff combo for 47% damage.

I'd rate you an 8 or 8.5 out of 10. I think you've got solid spacing, solid fundamentals and solid punishes. What I'd like to see out of you:

-Optimal combo punishes for maximum damage
    -More use of B1,2,D3,Catclaws and D1,Catclaws which lead into Ra Helios' dash whiff combo for maximum damage on hit. The Catclaws also leave you safe in case they block it.
    -More commitments on reads against your opponents wakeup attacks. A number of times I saw you make the correct read against Superman and Black Adam - your instincts are good. However, you could improve - let me give you an example:

You knock Superman into a hard knockdown off F3 or 1F2. You read that he's going to wakeup into a low scoop. Block low, then D1,Catclaws into full combo punish. I saw you just do D1 to counter.

The times you didn't correctly punish a wakeup attack could have been controller input mistake, or nerves, and I understand that. Just pointing it out to you so you can work on it even though you may be aware of it already :)

Very solid. It's a pleasure to watch your Catwoman - many times I see Catwoman players and I cringe because of their obvious mistakes in logic. You're solid. OH. ONE MORE THING.

I saw you attempting the B2 after you do a hard knockdown to vaguely cross through the opponent. That was nice. I'd like to see you practice that just a little more so you don't cross back through them and completely whiff with B1,2,D3 OR do a 2nd cross through into 112 combo (7 frame starter). I noticed the Superman player liked to press buttons after you do a hard knockdown. If you can pass through him twice and reverse his inputs like that so a normal comes out, I think your 7 frame starter would beat his.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any questions or something you don't understand.
    Edit

2. tanosergio05New Member
    OMG, first thanks... this is more than I expected really.

some things ...
    I usually to d1~CatClaws all the time, but after so many practices with my friends, I decided that d1 into a free 50/50 was a good choice... you think of that? does more damage if I can connect the string... how bad these match, I was not luck to connect the 50/50 ... If you tell me, I will return to using d1~CatClaws

You're right with the theme of optimization combos... The truth is that I saw the thread of "Ra Helios" 2 days before the tournament... I promise to have it in my repertoire for the next.

With the theme of "B1, 2 *pause* F1, 1.2"... in my trainings matchs, it was very good. My friends complained that they could spend all day doing that. Unfortunately for me, these guys I guessed everything. After that tournament, "Spider" told me to stop doing that, let alone against a Superman. I think both are right...

With everything else, I'll take good account...

I have some questions:

- When you say: "If you can pass through him twice and reverse his inputs normally like that so to eat out, I think your 7 would beat his starter frame." ... 7 starter frame is d1? or 112 ...?

- I saw my starting again and note that wins many times in the air to air... that combo should be used in these situations?... All times did: "11 wait 112 catdash MB, b3, 1f2"... Any tip for this situation?

I feel fortunate that I have given 8.5 points and I appreciate it =)

A big huge.

• Staff / Moderator
    NinjCatwoman Moderator

XBL:
    aNinj
    I usually to d1~CatClaws all the time, but after so many practices with my friends, I decided that d1 into a free 50/50 was a good choice... you think of that? does more damage if I can connect the string... how bad these match, I was not luck to connect the 50/50 ... If you tell me, I will return to using d1~CatClaws
    I think that if your opponents are expecting you to do D1,Catclaws and instead you do something else, like D1 into B1 or F1, or maybe D1...D1,Catclaws or something, and it works, I think you should do what works. You know your opponents better than I do and there is no one best way to pressure. Keep doing what you're doing!
    "If you can pass through him twice and reverse his inputs normally like that so to beat out, I think your 7 would beat his starter frame."
    Standing 1 is a 6 frame move (not 7, my mistake), so it will beat a lot of other normal strings if you have any sort of advantage (and sometimes even with no advantage - it's fast) and 112 obviously leads into a full combo. Another way of reading this: If your opponent is trying to do a special move on wakeup, and you reverse their inputs successfully, they will most likely end up performing a normal move (or the wrong special move for the situation) and your standing 1, being 6 frames, will be faster than whatever move they mistakenly used. I hope that makes sense.

The hard-knockdown situation is complex because you have so many options and the opponent has so many options. This really comes down to you learning your opponent's tendencies and what they typically do after you do a hard knockdown to find out the best way to punish. I would recommend you keep in mind that 112 combo starts with a 6-frame standing 1, which is super fast!
    I saw my starting again and note that wins many times in the air to air... that combo should be used in these situations?... All times did: "11 wait 112 catdash MB, b3, 1f2"... Any tip for this situation?
    Agreed, you win most of the air to airs (great job by the way!) - the combo you're doing is the one I do:) however, you might try this one out: 11 wait 112 catdash MB, b3, f3. Or if there's too much scaling on gravity, you could try just doing 112 catdash MB, b3, f3. Ideally with Catwoman you always want to be ending in a hard knockdown situation (which you've been doing). Do what works best for you in this situation - I like to do the 11 first just to get the opponent at the right height so I can make sure to hit the catdash MB. Ending in a 1f2 is a hard knockdown, so if that works for you, keep doing it. You might be able to get another 1% damage using a F3 ender...but don't kill yourself (or drop combos) trying to get 1% more damage.

Again, you're doing quite well. Keep getting better at punishing dash-in attempts by jumping backwards and doing J2 into F112 as you do so well. Keep getting better at learning the matchups and punishing specific character's wakeup attacks.

When your opponent is on their 2nd life bar and they can clash, one tactic I love doing is hitting them with a Catdash (or Catdash MB) as soon as possible in my combo so that I can do B3, F3, F3 for unclashable damage. If I know I can connect with anything, I'll shorten my combos to get the Catdash out. 112 Catdash becomes 11 Catdash (or 1 Catdash if possible). F112 Catdash becomes F1 Catdash, B12D3 Catdash becomes B1 Catdash. The sooner you get that unclashable damage, the better IN MY OPINION. I think it's a powerful mind-game to force your opponent to be maxed out on meter when he/she doesn't want to be. If your opponent has 4 bars and is waiting to clash, any meter they would've built had they had a chance to clash is wasted, gone forever. I think this frustrates people and I have no issue chipping away at somebody to make them more and more frustrated instead of allowing them to clash. This is just my personal preference, see if it works for you and your playstyle.

RunwayMafia

Wow...that's quite a novel there Ninj lol. I love it.
tanosergio05 I just watched your winners final and I must say I am thoroughly impressed with your catwoman. You were simply outplayed in the matches you did lose and they were very close. I noticed you did practically all of the hard knock down setups we mention here in the forum. I was very impressed with how often you punished Superman's low scoop wake up...I liked that. As I said earlier, you were very dominant with the air to air Jump 2's and your subsequent follow ups. You certainly know what you are doing...I would only suggest practicing your combo's and setup's until you can literally do them with your eyes shut...thus the chances of you dropping them mid match will be less. I enjoyed watching you and now I have an Argentinian Catwoman to keep tabs on! Very good games brother!

Wow...that's quite a novel there Ninj lol. I love it.
tanosergio05 I just watched your winners final and I must say I am thoroughly impressed with your catwoman. You were simply outplayed in the matches you did lose and they were very close. I noticed you did practically all of the hard knock down setups we mention here in the forum. I was very impressed with how often you punished Superman's low scoop wake up...I liked that. As I said earlier, you were very dominant with the air to air Jump 2's and your subsequent follow ups. You certainly know what you are doing...I would only suggest practicing your combo's and setup's until you can literally do them with your eyes shut...thus the chances of you dropping them mid match will be less. I enjoyed watching you and now I have an Argentinian Catwoman to keep tabs on! Very good games brother!
Thank you very much!!!

I'm trying to get my Catwoman will be better for next Saturday. I have really wanted to play this tournament...

There will be a live stream, I really hope you follow me :p (when I have them pass the link)

Hug!!

TY for the tips. The Low Whip it's a nice tool... I ask myself if we can go under when Superman throws a lazer... **Run To the Lab**

I have only control ... if I could buy something, buy it one stick, no doubt.
They reported that the "Low Whip" passes down the Superman's lazer vision. On reaction and the proper distance, we can do this... Maybe once a match can be useful...